ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell, NFL Combine numbers…

Bells draft stock will drop due to this. It makes it even more perplexing why we couldn't defend him.

Meh…. I don’t know he’s a great wide receiver, now with that said I believe with our defensive talent and our defensive coordinator you’d think Purdue wouldn’t continually wax the effing shit out of us but the speed means nothing to me

Ran a 4.65 and had very pedestrian broad jump and vertical times. I bring it up only because it’s interesting, not to torment David as he is still a stud… probably hurts his draft stock but I predict he willstill go on and kick ass much like Connor Kupp who ran a very pedestrian 40 time as well.

This board is famous for saying things like we need faster wide receivers…no what we need is wide receivers that know how to run routes, drop into the zone and catch the damn ball!
I know what point you're trying to make ... and it's mostly accurate. However, as it concerns David Bell ... the dude was injured through much of the 2021 season. Thus, I don't think that his combine numbers are truly reflective of what he's capable of doing.

Reactions: cmhawks99
FNA_SwlVEAA43Jm

FNA_SwpVUAEHqT1

Bell wasn't going to be a first-round pick. Probably mid-second-round. Those numbers might drop him lower unless an interested team believes he was physically limited at the combine. He always projected as a 2/3 option in the NFL. And he dismantled Iowa three straight years.

Ran a 4.65 and had very pedestrian broad jump and vertical times. I bring it up only because it’s interesting, not to torment David as he is still a stud… probably hurts his draft stock but I predict he willstill go on and kick ass much like Connor Kupp who ran a very pedestrian 40 time as well.

This board is famous for saying things like we need faster wide receivers…no what we need is wide receivers that know how to run routes, drop into the zone and catch the damn ball!
Ever heard of Jerry Rice?

Who are also at least 6'3" to 6'4".

Typically we've had success with taller receivers even if they can't get open because of our offense's piss poor route trees that take way too long to develop for our mobily-challenged QBs............................just sayin.

Bell wasn't going to be a first-round pick. Probably mid-second-round. Those numbers might drop him lower unless an interested team believes he was physically limited at the combine. He always projected as a 2/3 option in the NFL. And he dismantled Iowa three straight years.
Well then he can get picked up by the Vikings in the 3rd Rd.

The 99th pick in the draft (3rd round)

Honestly, the Vikings have a decent group of WRs already, but Bell would've really solidified that group.

At this point, they might as well not take a WR in the draft. There's no value with any of the remaining guys to make an impact (with Minnesota at least).

So many missed opportunities to pick up really, really good players/potential starters while the Vikings are trying to play Moneyball in the NFL draft.........

Except they're not accruing any extra picks for 2023 when they're probably going to be starting over with most of their roster.

BAU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT