ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

KF and Copeland are going to Bells game so the Kirk is lazy in recruiting crowd can pound sand . Iowa is doing everything they can to land the kid .

That won't be Ferentz. It's a lookalike that Mary Ferentz hired to get people to lighten up on Kirk. I saw Kirk at John's Grocery buying chips and salsa. He said he'd be on his couch eating them while drunk when he was supposed to be at Bell's game. Fact.

That won't be Ferentz. It's a lookalike that Mary Ferentz hired to get people to lighten up on Kirk. I saw Kirk at John's Grocery buying chips and salsa. He said he'd be on his couch eating them while drunk when he was supposed to be at Bell's game. Fact.
I think you must have seen a doppelganger since there was no ice cream in the cart.

I think it’s a Purdue/Penn State battle.

Didn’t you say the same thing about Britt? If memory serves me right, he committed to the Hawks.

I like Iowa’s chances with Bell, add in ex teammate Brents is here playing, verbaled teammate Britt is in his ear. Iowa stands a good chance to get Bell after hearing the encouraging words from Bell after the official visit last weekend.

But you are probably right, it’s only down to Purdue and PSU.

Didn’t you say the same thing about Britt? If memory serves me right, he committed to the Hawks.

I like Iowa’s chances with Bell, add in ex teammate Brents is here playing, verbaled teammate Britt is in his ear. Iowa stands a good chance to get Bell after hearing the encouraging words from Bell after the official visit last weekend.

It was an unofficial visit last weekend. His Official is Dec. 15.

I mentioned it was between Iowa and Purdue for Britt which it was. Your knack for developing OL is obvious so I’m not surprised he picked you guys.

With Bell, I think the difference between Iowa and Purdue for a WR is clear. I think Brohm’s system is more appealing for WR’s than Iowa’s just like I’d say yours is more appealing for RB’s. Bell picking Iowa would surprise me more than it would if he picked Purdue or Penn State for sure.

I mentioned it was between Iowa and Purdue for Britt which it was. Your knack for developing OL is obvious so I’m not surprised he picked you guys.

With Bell, I think the difference between Iowa and Purdue for a WR is clear. I think Brohm’s system is more appealing for WR’s than Iowa’s just like I’d say yours is more appealing for RB’s. Bell picking Iowa would surprise me more than it would if he picked Purdue or Penn State for sure.
But isn't there the question as to whether Louisville will try to swoop in and nab Brohm? In that case ... Louisville will benefit from Brohm's offensive system ... and not Purdue.

Yep. And Iowa can say, “Hey if we had a guy like you, this is what we could do...”

There is an angle for everybody.

Unfortunately, from an Iowa standpoint, it is a we COULD situation; whereas from the competition it is a we DO situation. That really holds us back with receivers, it is always what we could do instead of what we have done.

Reactions: steventrelain
“Iowa has to prove they can actually throw the ball,” the 4-star 2019 wide receiver told Land of 10’s Ryan Donnelly on May 10. “In previous years, they’ve just been a run team.”

Yeah, he ain’t coming to Iowa.

Not if he stopped paying attention. But Iowa's passing game wasn't too bad against Ohio State last year, and it is growing and growing this year with a batch of young wide receivers. If Bell goes to Purdue or IU because he thinks they'll throw the ball better than Iowa, he may just be mistaken. And if winning while catching passes matters, well, IU and PU should be near the bottom of his list. And I do find it a bit brash for a high school kid to issue a public ultimatum like that: "Throw me the ball all the time, or forget it." Credit for honesty, but no credit for humility.

Bottom line: I couldn't care less where he goes to school. If he were to choose Iowa, he might need a serious attitude adjustment, which may be the biggest reason he'll go somewhere else. Bully for him.

Not if he stopped paying attention. But Iowa's passing game wasn't too bad against Ohio State last year, and it is growing and growing this year with a batch of young wide receivers. If Bell goes to Purdue or IU because he thinks they'll throw the ball better than Iowa, he may just be mistaken. And if winning while catching passes matters, well, IU and PU should be near the bottom of his list. And I do find it a bit brash for a high school kid to issue a public ultimatum like that: "Throw me the ball all the time, or forget it." Credit for honesty, but no credit for humility.

Bottom line: I couldn't care less where he goes to school. If he were to choose Iowa, he might need a serious attitude adjustment, which may be the biggest reason he'll go somewhere else. Bully for him.

Iowa’s passing game has made strides this year, there’s no disputing that. Unfortunately, perception is reality for many of these recruits. They have opposing coaches in their ear constantly telling them what Iowa doesn’t do and how we’re not going to utilize their talents.

Penn State got the #1 wr in the nation last year and he's not playing .... Unless he's injured that idk of

Pass, pass, pass! Show him again we want to pass!

Bell has to like what he saw in Iowa Saturday with 6 td passes to five players and nine players making a reception. Put him on the field with Fant and Hock next year and Iowa becomes a serious contender for B1G champ and possible play off team. That has to make him think really hard about being a Hawk. Like what I’m seeing out of BF this year.

Also helps Purdue and PSU are struggling this year too. If Iowa can beat PSU and Purdue on the road, Bell will be a Hawk.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Bell has to like what he saw in Iowa Saturday with 6 td passes to five players and nine players making a reception. Put him on the field with Fant and Hock next year and Iowa becomes a serious contender for B1G champ and possible play off team. That has to make him think really hard about being a Hawk. Like what I’m seeing out of BF this year.

Also helps Purdue and PSU are struggling this year too. If Iowa can beat PSU and Purdue on the road, Bell will be a Hawk.

Fant isn't playing on Saturday next year.

As you mentioned he is not a good fit. Also, if the coaches are dead set on landing an elite WR they would stop saying "we are a run-first team" every chance they get. KF has landed a couple 4 star WRs and they weren't used to full advantage imo.
Here's what KF should say (and do), "We play to our strengths. If it's at WR then so be it. If it's somewhere else, then we focus there."
But he won't even say that. At least Brian seems to have figured out the above is a better strategy than Kirk's run-into-a-brick-wall-or-5yd-out-pattern strategy. We'll see if Brian is allowed to keep employing scratch where it itches.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I think based on what I've seen so far Brian is taking over the offense and the captain is letting him.In the last couple of games the passing game has increased bunches compared to the past Bf is utilizing his weapons when is the last 2 tight ends had 100 yrds a piece in 1 game this team is be coming dangerous to defend.Pesonally I believe Bell is definitely looking at Iowa

Reactions: Stormn Norman
As you mentioned he is not a good fit. Also, if the coaches are dead set on landing an elite WR they would stop saying "we are a run-first team" every chance they get. KF has landed a couple 4 star WRs and they weren't used to full advantage imo.
Here's what KF should say (and do), "We play to our strengths. If it's at WR then so be it. If it's somewhere else, then we focus there."
But he won't even say that. At least Brian seems to have figured out the above is a better strategy than Kirk's run-into-a-brick-wall-or-5yd-out-pattern strategy. We'll see if Brian is allowed to keep employing scratch where it itches.
They’re proving right now that they play to their strengths. But it’s also about match-ups.

I hope the kid didn't inherent the "head case" gene.
I actually know 2 people in Indy that are friends with Jeff, and both said he’s actually a really normal, nice guy.

One of them played HS football with Jeff (at Warren) and said his main problems were, he wasn’t a leader, he wasn’t into studying film, didn’t enjoy hanging out with his teammates outside of the facility, and hated check-downs, all of which will drive a coach crazy.

Purdue's offensive system might be more luring for a WR, but Iowa's Pro style offense is more like what he will play in the NFL, and with Stanley throwing the ball all around the yard has to be more appealing. With Brents here and his team mate coming here I think we have a chance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT