ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

LOL ... if he dies, maybe!

Heck, Brohm might be gone before Rondale Moore is a SO!

Louisville is a dumpster fire this year ... and Petrino's seat is getting warmer by the day.
They have to pay him $14 million if they fire him, they’re getting sued by Pitino, no more papa John money... not happening. At least not now.

Not to hijack a thread but the last post really speaks to Louisville and the win at all cost mentality.

Pitino and his cheating, hookers, etc... had to be known. It had to... Louisville allowed this to happen forever.

Petrino has an affair with a college girl. Wrecks them both on a motorcycle and then gets to have his job back later because he made them relevant in football.

This school stinks...

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Landing Bell would be the beginning of Kirk 3.0 (new-new Kirk?). It would also be a key resume addition for Brian in a few years...especially if this offense continues to trend the way it is.

Reactions: hawkhorn
Landing Bell would be the beginning of Kirk 3.0 (new-new Kirk?). It would also be a key resume addition for Brian in a few years...especially if this offense continues to trend the way it is.
I think you guys knocked IU out of the running, though I think they were already headed that way. Wiltfong has him going to Penn State, and he’s been pretty accurate in the Midwest recently, but I think there will be pull for him to stay closer to home.

And then there’s OSU which is only 2.5 hours from the east side of Indy...

Not to hijack a thread but the last post really speaks to Louisville and the win at all cost mentality.

Pitino and his cheating, hookers, etc... had to be known. It had to... Louisville allowed this to happen forever.

Petrino has an affair with a college girl. Wrecks them both on a motorcycle and then gets to have his job back later because he made them relevant in football.

This school stinks...

At least the basketball team is clean.

This school stinks...
Agree on this. Even with top $$, it will be tough right now to lure a top FB coach to Louisville given the state of its athletic dept.

Iowa might not win this battle... but they are giving everything they have. For those that say that Iowa doesn't pursue big recruits... Bell's recruitment says you are wrong.

This will sound stupid... but somewhere in the back of BF's mind, continuing to throw in the 4th Q when up big might appeal to Bell... who was on the sidelines. I don't think coaches gameplan or something to impress a particular recruit... BUT, when up by that much... knowing there is a big fish in the crowd... and having the passing game working so well. It didn't hurt.

As you mentioned he is not a good fit. Also, if the coaches are dead set on landing an elite WR they would stop saying "we are a run-first team" every chance they get. KF has landed a couple 4 star WRs and they weren't used to full advantage imo.
Here's what KF should say (and do), "We play to our strengths. If it's at WR then so be it. If it's somewhere else, then we focus there."
But he won't even say that. At least Brian seems to have figured out the above is a better strategy than Kirk's run-into-a-brick-wall-or-5yd-out-pattern strategy. We'll see if Brian is allowed to keep employing scratch where it itches.

They never say they are a run first team.

They never say they are a run first team.

Listen to the announcers during games when they quote the coaches. I would argue with you but why, he isn't coming here. Would you like to make a bet regarding whether he comes?
Didn't think so.

Unless Bell gets here and expects to see the field but is 2nd team behind a pale walk-on from a Div2 program and then transfers.

Or throwing out an alternative hypothetical scenario, he could stay at Iowa after a pretty rough freshman season and have a breakout season as a sophomore.

Sound like any current Iowa player?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Unless Bell gets here and expects to see the field but is 2nd team behind a pale walk-on from a Div2 program and then transfers.

I can't ever recall a "pale walk on from a DII program" ever having a starting role at Iowa but if that "pale DII walk on" was like a guy playing for the Vikings now I'd support him playing in front of a true frosh.

Listen to the announcers during games when they quote the coaches. I would argue with you but why, he isn't coming here. Would you like to make a bet regarding whether he comes?
Didn't think so.

Go read Kirk press conferences, or Brians... they always say they want a balanced attack and that is what you usually get. Announcers saying it does not equal quoting coaches. And my statement had nothing to do whether he would choose Iowa. Just pointing out you are wrong that they say it is a run first team.

Go read Kirk press conferences, or Brians... they always say they want a balanced attack and that is what you usually get. Announcers saying it does not equal quoting coaches. And my statement had nothing to do whether he would choose Iowa. Just pointing out you are wrong that they say it is a run first team.
I agree ... Kirk and Brian always preach balance. They also emphasize how both the running and passing games play off each other.

If you look at Purdue ... they can sell proximity, they can sell the recent success of Rondale Moore, and they can sell the fact that Blough had a game where passed for over 500 yards.

If you look at PSU ... they'll try to sell the passing production of McSorley from '16 and '17 ... and how the top WRs have landed in the NFL. Furthermore, PSU is still perceived as a traditional power ... so there's some brand recognition that goes along with them too.

If you look at Iowa ... you can try to point at our nice passing numbers this year ... you can point to the production of our WRs trending up ... but the selling point to a guy like Bell will still have to be that HE'S the guy who will help the WR unit "turn the corner." You can understand how a WR might have some trepidation ... if we're not exactly already proven at the spot.

I think that Bell is a tremendous prospect ... and I genuinely hope that he decides to become a Hawk. But I doubt that the Hawkeye WR production is established enough yet under Brian to lure a WR like Bell over to the Hawk-side yet. I genuinely believe that in a year or two ... the Hawks will have the proof in the pudding. But I can understand that without the precedent already being set ... it can give WR prospects some pause.

I agree ... Kirk and Brian always preach balance. They also emphasize how both the running and passing games play off each other.

If you look at Purdue ... they can sell proximity, they can sell the recent success of Rondale Moore, and they can sell the fact that Blough had a game where passed for over 500 yards.

If you look at PSU ... they'll try to sell the passing production of McSorley from '16 and '17 ... and how the top WRs have landed in the NFL. Furthermore, PSU is still perceived as a traditional power ... so there's some brand recognition that goes along with them too.

If you look at Iowa ... you can try to point at our nice passing numbers this year ... you can point to the production of our WRs trending up ... but the selling point to a guy like Bell will still have to be that HE'S the guy who will help the WR unit "turn the corner." You can understand how a WR might have some trepidation ... if we're not exactly already proven at the spot.

I think that Bell is a tremendous prospect ... and I genuinely hope that he decides to become a Hawk. But I doubt that the Hawkeye WR production is established enough yet under Brian to lure a WR like Bell over to the Hawk-side yet. I genuinely believe that in a year or two ... the Hawks will have the proof in the pudding. But I can understand that without the precedent already being set ... it can give WR prospects some pause.

Also helps that Iowa is getting other Indiana guys he knows.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
SPEAKING OF PATIENCE
Per Eleven Warriors a few weeks ago.....

One thing is for sure: David Bell (Indianapolis, Ind.) will play in the Big Ten. The 2019 four-star receiver is Indiana's No. 2 ranked recruit at any position and the No. 14 ranked receiver in the nation, according to 247Sports.

In June, he announced his top five schools: Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa, Penn State and Indiana. Like Strange, he'll be in Happy Valley this weekend after visiting Ohio State, and, like Green, he says he's planning on taking his official visit to Columbus on Nov. 24.

"The campus was beautiful, I loved the stadium too. The thing that stuck out to me would have to be the weight room. It was amazing," Bell told Eleven Warriors. "I think I’m going to take my OV on November 24. I've been to Ohio State about four or five times."

Still, as he should be, Bell is taking the time to mull over his decision.

"I’m still unsure what college I want to attend next year, but I should know in a few months. I like where I’m at in my recruiting process," Bell said. "I've pretty much seen everything. I really just want to see where I can come in as a freshman and make an impact."

cc4c64bd-28af-e511-bef0-a0369f3c1b4c_original.jpg

David Bell/MaxPreps.com
If Ohio State receivers coach Brian Hartline has anything to do with Bell's decision, there's certainly a chance he becomes a Buckeye.

"I talk to coach Hartline pretty often, we talk every Friday and Saturday," Bell said. "The coach with the biggest impact on me would have to be coach Hartline. I think it’s just the relationship between me and him is why he has the biggest impact on me."

Bell, who plays at Warren Central, says he has things to work on before jumping to the next level. On the field, he says he can improve on his speed and off the field, he says he can be more of a vocal leader.

Warren Central is 6-0 heading into this Friday's matchup with Lawrence North. The Warriors are the No. 1 ranked team in the state of Indiana and have a bonafide receiver in Bell. In five games played, he's made 34 receptions for 698 yards and 10 touchdowns.

"My team is doing really well this year. We are 6-0, ranked number one in the state and top twenty in the country," Bell said. "We have the best offense in the state and one of the best defenses, too. I expect us to be playing in a state championship at the end of the season."

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp
When's the last time we landed an out of state 4* wide receiver??????
Wasn't one of the CR Wash receivers that we got a 4*. What was Calvin Smith from City High? DJK? Was Tim Dwight listed as a receiver or an athlete? Holy questions with no answers! The guy who ended up performing like a 4* but wasn't ranked there was Ed Hinkel.

Bell would be nice but I got to believe there are some darn good WR’s out there wanting to play big ten ball that are getting looked over by the big boys all the while growing a big chip to succeed on their shoulder! I’ll also add Reading what bell said in that article, makes me think he likes Ohio State & Columbus as a city is most like Indianapolis out of all the other cities of the schools he’s narrowed his list down too.. I Guess we’ll see..

No offense but if the dude wants to come awesome I am all for it.. if he doesn’t and likes to dick with peoples minds and doesn’t want to be a HAWKEYE... then the HELL WITH HIM.. move on

QUOTE="Hogeyees, post: 5625627, member: 29680"]He is on ESPN now ripping it up. We have a shot with him? What’s the latest?[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT