ADVERTISEMENT

David Raih

Lumas Etima

HR MVP
Apr 1, 2003
Does anyone know what’s up with David Raih these days? Once upon a time, it seemed likely that Raih would one day end up on the Iowa coaching staff. (He played for Iowa from 1999-2002, then served as a GA from 2010-12.)

He had been building up a good-looking resume, with stints with the Packers and the Arizona Cardinals, before becoming OC at Vanderbilt in 2021. That stint ended badly, with Raih being relieved of play-calling responsibilities mid-season, then resigning at the end of the year. I don’t know what he’s done since then.

In the event that Iowa makes any coaching changes, now or in the future, he might still be a name to keep an eye on. If nothing else, we know Kirk Ferentz gravitates toward guys he knows and trusts. (And I have no idea what went wrong at Vandy.)

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
He's a Hawk, so I hope he finds his was back onto a staff. I never read a bad thing about the guy.

He seemed to do better in the pros, so maybe that's where he makes his way back in.

Reactions: iowa surfer
Does anyone know what’s up with David Raih these days? Once upon a time, it seemed likely that Raih would one day end up on the Iowa coaching staff. (He played for Iowa from 1999-2002, then served as a GA from 2010-12.)

He had been building up a good-looking resume, with stints with the Packers and the Arizona Cardinals, before becoming OC at Vanderbilt in 2021. That stint ended badly, with Raih being relieved of play-calling responsibilities mid-season, then resigning at the end of the year. I don’t know what he’s done since then.

In the event that Iowa makes any coaching changes, now or in the future, he might still be a name to keep an eye on. If nothing else, we know Kirk Ferentz gravitates toward guys he knows and trusts. (And I have no idea what went wrong at Vandy.)
Great post dude! Appreciate it! And no sarcasm intended

Reactions: Lumas Etima
ADVERTISEMENT