ADVERTISEMENT

Daviyon Nixon

Somebody is about to get paid

Making_it_rain_gif_vmqswz.gif

Maybe someone needs to incentivize him honoring his word on enrolling in January. It would be beyond ridiculous to lose him after we were so accommodating with him.

Reactions: Cougar63
Jesus guys relax the kid said he's enrolling just relax who cares if bama offered he doesn't want to sit next year they have NFL guys sitting on the bench now

Reactions: m.stoops2013
This doesn't even register on Bama's radar. Their sites aren't even reporting it yet.

Would Nixon "sign" in December then? I would have to think he stays with Iowa given everything that's occurred with being a late bloomer, getting B10 offer, grades, IWCC, etc.
Came across his tape about Dec. of last year and was floored he wasn't getting more offers, sure grades were a concern but he's a beast on tape and at that time was covering kickoffs for his team!

Stats to date at IWCC:
29 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 8 GP. Didn't list any TFLs..

“Right now I am still committed,” Nixon told Land of 10 on Wednesday. “Right now I am just taking my time with everything and thinking about my next move before I try to do anything.”
As for his recruitment, Nixon said he’s “not sure” how it impacts anything going forward.
He may visit Alabama, too. He’s still processing the offer before thinking about what comes next.

Well then.

Wait, if he is committed, isn't that the same as a "verbal"? So if he visits Alabama, we will cut ties with him, right?

Reactions: dbleagle1
With what he's done at IWCC and now an offer from 5 Star U, hard not to think he's a starter next year. He's listed at 6-4 305 for the Reivers. Lots of encouraging things on his twitter and articles to make you feel he considers himself a Hawkeye already. I'm more exited we're getting a great DT, would of been nice to have him this year!

“Right now I am still committed,” Nixon told Land of 10 on Wednesday. “Right now I am just taking my time with everything and thinking about my next move before I try to do anything.”
As for his recruitment, Nixon said he’s “not sure” how it impacts anything going forward.
He may visit Alabama, too. He’s still processing the offer before thinking about what comes next.

Well then.
Doesn't sound very committed does it. Hopefully he stays with the Hawks. Can't really blame the kid for taking a long look at Bama, but it will be interesting to see just where he fits in their treasure trove of 5 star recruits.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
Doesn't sound very committed does it. Hopefully he stays with the Hawks. Can't really blame the kid for taking a long look at Bama, but it will be interesting to see just where he fits in their treasure trove of 5 star recruits.
I know kids wont see it this way, but the Iowa staff has a great track record of putting DL guys in the league. Add on to that he has a much better chance of seeing the field here to display his talent (as you mentioned with the backlog of 4-5* guys there). It really is a no brainier for the kid to come here if that is his goal, and not winning conference/national titles.

Chances are he won't see it my way based off those comments.

I know kids wont see it this way, but the Iowa staff has a great track record of putting DL guys in the league. Add on to that he has a much better chance of seeing the field here to display his talent (as you mentioned with the backlog of 4-5* guys there). It really is a no brainier for the kid to come here if that is his goal, and not winning conference/national titles.

Chances are he won't see it my way based off those comments.
I agree totally, but these kids are often blinded by the shiniest bobble, and we know thats not Iowa in this case. As you said though, Iowa's track record of placing linemen, both offensive, and defensive in the league, is every bit as impressive as Bama, maybe more so.

I agree totally, but these kids are often blinded by the shiniest bobble, and we know thats not Iowa in this case. As you said though, Iowa's track record of placing linemen, both offensive, and defensive in the league, is every bit as impressive as Bama, maybe more so.
Not even close on defensive lineman...they have 10 DL in the NFL right now, as well as 10 OL, so closer on OL.

Not even close on defensive lineman...they have 10 DL in the NFL right now, as well as 10 OL, so closer on OL.
They have 7 on the offensive line.. and 10 on defensive line. Where Iowa has 9 on the o-line and and 5 on the defensive line.. 17-14 in total line players isn't that big of difference.. anything else you want to be wrong about

Reactions: Floyd_Of_Rosedale
I may be getting in over my head with this next question but are our facilities on par with Alabama I've seen it video of ours and they look pretty fancy don't know about Bama

If he visits Bama, he's gone. I think he is going to decommit, visit, and sign with Bama. I really hope Shannon, and Linderbaum pan out sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT