ADVERTISEMENT

Day trading

swiamuddawgs

Team MVP
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2009
Anyone ever day trade in the stock market? Or know anyone who has? Any success or fail stories?

I doubt you're going to get many people coming on here to tell you their own personal fail story with day-trading, even though I'm certain there are plenty of people who have that story available.

I don't understand how people day-trade and expect to make money. I'm sure it works for some people who just have a knack for pattern recognition and technicals, but I haven't a clue how you could be employing any kind of fundamental analysis and day-trading (successfully).

So I am also hoping somebody claims success in this regard. Not that I'd call BS, necessarily, but I'd love to hear how this person makes it work for themselves.

I'm sure there are some on here that are far more experienced than me.

No specific stock tips here, but my generic approach is this:
Do research. Diversify, although that's more important when you have more invested. Know the company and understand the history. Watch trends, but understand why they are trending and consider reasons that trend may change. Look for stability, (real) profitability and exercise patience. Don't follow the herd unless it makes sense to you. Only use disposable income!

I win more than I lose for those reasons. Sorry Pepperman, my story isn't that fun.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by KennyPowers_96:

Do research. Diversify, although that's more important when you have more invested. Know the company and understand the history. Watch trends, but understand why they are trending and consider reasons that trend may change. Look for stability, (real) profitability and exercise patience. Don't follow the herd unless it makes sense to you. Only use disposable income!

I win more than I lose for those reasons. Sorry Pepperman, my story isn't that fun.
It is pretty similar to mine, in fact. And, for the record, it doesn't sound like either of us is a day-trader!

tumblr_lnwtnxBJc51qci4ejo1_r3_500.gif

Sign up to receive daily penny stock emails. Buy as much of the steal of the day stock as you can. Hold 24 hours and sell at the exact time you purchased the day before and repeat the cycle as often as you want. Sit back and watch your bank account grow exponentially.

Originally posted by Rawl:
Sign up to receive daily penny stock emails. Buy as much of the steal of the day stock as you can. Hold 24 hours and sell at the exact time you purchased the day before and repeat the cycle as often as you want. Sit back and watch your bank account grow exponentially.
I don't see how you can lose with this scenario

Originally posted by Pepperman:
Originally posted by KennyPowers_96:

It is pretty similar to mine, in fact.  And, for the record, it doesn't sound like either of us is a day-trader!

I'm not very active at all right now and I'm no stock guru...but even a novice can find some success. I chose to buy some land because it feels less risky and I always wanted to be called a 'lord'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT