ADVERTISEMENT

Days like today I wish CA had lanais like they do in FL

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Just spent the last hour pulling about 10-15 lbs of leaves, branches and palm fronds from my pool. Strongest winds I ever remember ripped thru last night. Around midnight my Ring app blew up with people in the new neighborhoods asking if they should be worried that their houses were shaking. Hear lots of sirens this am, not sure what happened out there but we survived with minor damage.

The lanai is just the covered, typically screened in porch. If you're talking about a cage around the pool, that would make much more sense.....

Reactions: The Tradition
Just spent the last hour pulling about 10-15 lbs of leaves, branches and palm fronds from my pool. Strongest winds I ever remember ripped thru last night. Around midnight my Ring app blew up with people in the new neighborhoods asking if they should be worried that their houses were shaking. Hear lots of sirens this am, not sure what happened out there but we survived with minor damage.
Some reports of hurricane force winds at lower elevations. Up in the mountains a 100+ mph gust isn't unheard of, but not at lower elevations. Looks like several more days of precipitation, too. Several feet of snow tonight through tomorrow in Donner Pass, so that's a lot of moisture coming in.

Some reports of hurricane force winds at lower elevations. Up in the mountains a 100+ mph gust isn't unheard of, but not at lower elevations. Looks like several more days of precipitation, too. Several feet of snow tonight through tomorrow in Donner Pass, so that's a lot of moisture coming in.
Yeah, my dad said that they measured 70mph at their house. With all the rain we’ve had trees are down all over the neighborhood.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Yeah, my dad said that they measured 70mph at their house. With all the rain we’ve had trees are down all over the neighborhood.
Dang. Y’all are getting hammered back to back, to back…
Be smart, hunker down, be safe.
Good luck.

Reactions: BelemNole
The lanai is just the covered, typically screened in porch. If you're talking about a cage around the pool, that would make much more sense.....
If it’s connected to the house and encodes the pool it’s a distinction without a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT