ADVERTISEMENT

New Story DE Brandon Simon amazed by Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
This weekend, New Jersey defensive end Brandon Simon had a chance to make his first visit to the state of Iowa. The 6-foot-1, 236-pound Simon was not quite sure what to expect, but says he was amazed by the atmosphere in Iowa City and left town thoroughly impressed. We caught up with the three-star prospect to get his thoughts on the visit, when he might make his college decision, and much more.

Q: Can you talk about the Iowa visit and what all you got to do this weekend?

SIMON: Iowa amazed me. I didn’t realize how beautiful Iowa City was. I thought when I was going out there, it was going to be just farmland and cornfields, but when I got there, it totally shocked me. It’s a beautiful college town. Then I loved the coaching staff, I loved Coach Morgan, and I loved the players. One of my former teammates is at Iowa right now, Terrence Harris. I got to talk with him and he really likes it there. Iowa really impressed me.

Q: Sitting down with the coaches, what did they say about your role if you were to go there?

SIMON: If I do attend there, I’ll be playing d-end for them. They really like how I play and said they like how I’m explosive and play with a passion.

Q: Leaving there today, what are your overall thoughts on Iowa right now?

SIMON: It’s a great institution and I could really see myself going there. They have great academics. I’m looking to major in pre-law and they have a great law school and I’ll probably minor in business and they have a great business program, so Iowa really impressed me.

Q: What is next for you in the recruiting process? Are there more visits coming up?

SIMON: I’m probably going to visit Syracuse, Boston College, and East Carolina, and that’s it.

Q: Are you hoping to decide after that? Will it be sometime this summer?

SIMON: Yes, most likely.

Q: What are the main factors going to be when you go to decide?

SIMON: Family atmosphere, great academics, an institution that has what I’m looking for after college, and then just a great football program, great history, great coaching staff, and a great college atmosphere.

Currently, Simon holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Boston College, Syracuse, East Carolina, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Army, Buffalo, James Madison, and Monmouth.

Profile: http://sports.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Simon-155394

Video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2687105/highlights/213315379/v2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.