ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***DE Kenneth Merrieweather commits to Iowa***

Apr 8, 2003

Defensive end Kenneth Merrieweather is headed to Iowa. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Detroit native announced his verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes today after making an official visit to Iowa City on June 24.

A three-star prospect, Merrieweather chose Iowa over scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Purdue, Pittsburgh, Oregon, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Syracuse, Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Kent State, Toledo, Howard, and Alabama A&M.

Overall, Merrieweather is commitment No. 16 for the Hawkeyes in the Class of 2023.

-

Last edited:
OGC.de18deec7bf631261330652702d64088

Got it! EXCELLENT ~ My favorite player in Swarm23! Sorry, Mr. Proctor.

Last edited:
The NFL will love his arm jength. What’s going on with with Howland? Oklahoma is really coming on in his forecasts?

Defensive end Kenneth Merrieweather is headed to Iowa. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Detroit native announced his verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes today after making an official visit to Iowa City on June 24.

A three-star prospect, Merrieweather chose Iowa over scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Purdue, Pittsburgh, Oregon, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Syracuse, Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Kent State, Toledo, Howard, and Alabama A&M.

Overall, Merrieweather is commitment No. 16 for the Hawkeyes in the Class of 2023.

-

Yes, have been waiting on this one. Glad to see he’s on board!!!

Reactions: bumpstock
Blair:

I noticed that all of the different positions are broken out except for the offensive line. I am referring to scholarship distribution list and the recruiting board. Would it be possible to break out C-G vs T on the offensive line similar to the breakout of DT vs DE?

What’s really impressive is Iowa is now ranked number 13 in the team rankings with only 16 recruits, only one school ahead of us with fewer recruits. Schools that have 18 or 20 or more recruits obviously are going to have more points.

Iowa is still tied for 16th in average stars.

ISUs is 33rd in average stars

Purdue and Minny similar to isu.

Very solid class indeed. When all things shake out iowa should make the top 20.

What’s really impressive is Iowa is now ranked number 13 in the team rankings with only 16 recruits, only one school ahead of us with fewer recruits. Schools that have 18 or 20 or more recruits obviously are going to have more points.

Iowa is still tied for 16th in average stars.

ISUs is 33rd in average stars

Purdue and Minny similar to isu.

Very solid class indeed. When all things shake out iowa should make the top 20.
Good stuff and those rankings are very fluid and changing especially w/teams who have <10 commits right now. NW is ahead of Iowa right now, what is wrong with this picture? I'd still like to see a graph of recruiting class rankings vs. final poll results for the last decade or so.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Good stuff and those rankings are very fluid and changing especially w/teams who have <10 commits right now. NW is ahead of Iowa right now, what is wrong with this picture? I'd still like to see a graph of recruiting class rankings vs. final poll results for the last decade or so.
some of the schools "ahead" of iowa have colossal classes of 20 and 22. Iowa's only at 16 commits so far. A 3-star is typically about 80 points, so add 4 or 6 of them to Iowa's class and you've got Iowa way ahead of either NW or Cinci or TT or Baylor.

Those schools have huge classes because they graduated so many. Iowa lost a lot too, from NFL to transfer to graduation, but it's not a rebuilding year like some of these other schools.

The talent coming in is outstanding. Merrieweather looks like he has NFL talent. If he works hard, he will get drafted after year 3 or 4. And play for championships as a Hawkeye.

Yes I have never been a huge rankings kind of guy but there is no doubt that Iowa’s talent along with production has increased immensely in the last six or seven years and in that timeframe we’ve also changed tactics and had improved “rankings” and in my humble opinion general athleticism on defense and I’m a huge Iowa Homer when it comes to defensive football…those have always been my favorite teams going clear back to Hayden!

But these are fast, exciting, hard-hitting defenses and they can run and I get oh so tired of the bend don’t break, “mantra” when it comes to us! We are a shit ton more than that. Yes that is our general philosophy but we can stop a drive cold and we’ve done it many times!!

ADVERTISEMENT