ADVERTISEMENT

Deadline today on transfer portal entrance.

Jonnymungo

HR All-American
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2010
Will be interested to see if the Hawkeye football team gets any current players on the roster enter the transfer portal. If they want to be eligible this fall, I believe today is the day.

Hope he stays and battles it out in fall camp, but interested to see if Alex Padilla enters it today. My guess is no, or it would have been announced already. Any other candidates?

Will be interested to see if the Hawkeye football team gets any current players on the roster enter the transfer portal. If they want to be eligible this fall, I believe today is the day.

Hope he stays and battles it out in fall camp, but interested to see if Alex Padilla enters it today. My guess is no, or it would have been announced already. Any other candidates?

Actually it’s tomorrow I believe

Ha, it might be tomorrow. But thought I read May 1st. Either way..... 😉

May 1st, today. It doesn't change.
I read somewhere that due to May 1 being on Sunday they would add another day. So much for believing everything you read. Thanks BB
Ha, it might be tomorrow. But thought I read May 1st. Either way..... 😉
Maybe their portal declaration is considered to be on time if it is postmarked on the first business day on or after May 1st, as long as there is sufficient postage, the envelope is addressed correctly and the declaration has a legitimate original signature in blue or black ink. And portal declarations with illegible postmark dates will only be considered if they arrive to the NCAA office on or before the due date.

Maybe their portal declaration is considered to be on time if it is postmarked on the first business day on or after May 1st, as long as there is sufficient postage, the envelope is addressed correctly and the declaration has a legitimate original signature in blue or black ink. And portal declarations with illegible postmark dates will only be considered if they arrive to the NCAA office on or before the due date.
Are you a tax accountant?

With the way the portal works, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a month long extension from the deadline due to:
  • Filing portal paperwork requires working on Sunday and everybody deserves 2 day weekends
  • It's Labor Day in Sweden
  • The expected NIL money didn't pan out and it wasn't the athletes fault
  • Athlete suffers finger injury prior to signing portal paperwork
  • Johny Depp and Amber Heards trial isn't over yet
  • Extensive recovery time needed in response to athletes and posters who read this post and are triggered

Last edited:
Personally I think the spring transfer portal should begin after the national championship and close on first day spring ball can begin. I’m the fall, open after July 4th and end at start of fall camp.

It’s done today, but the schools have a cous days to submit the paperwork so they may not show up until a couple days later. It’s only closed for those who want to be immediately eligible to play otherwise it’s still open.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Anything going by US postal in todays world is risk of never making it.

So what was the final total of Hawks that went in the portal? (5?). Curious about little brother as well....at one time it was adding up to about a full class!

It’s done today, but the schools have a cous days to submit the paperwork so they may not show up until a couple days later. It’s only closed for those who want to be immediately eligible to play otherwise it’s still open.
Yeah, and there's also still a waiver process for those that enter after May 1st and want to try to get immediate eligibility for this fall so I wouldn't considered it really "closed" by any means. More of a soft deadline at least until we see how the waiver process goes for those that enter after May 1st.

That’s why they have the LEAST amount of transfers???

It was mostly a sarcastic comment. However I'll bet you a million Monopoly dollars that if the Hawks had 20+ transfers, like the Goofs, that posters would be blaming BF and the lackluster offense.

Reactions: PIEPI
This can be seen as “good” and “bad”

I heard there is a NIL ranking now that puts monatary value to players who are underclassman. So players are leaving to get paid.

Is Iowa not having the portal issues because low value?

Honest ?
How many kids that enter the portal are going to end up with no Div 1 offers? I could be wrong but it seems like the portal "supply" is going to be much greater than the NIL offers / demand.

This can be seen as “good” and “bad”

I heard there is a NIL ranking now that puts monatary value to players who are underclassman. So players are leaving to get paid.

Is Iowa not having the portal issues because low value?

Honest ?
images

How many kids that enter the portal are going to end up with no Div 1 offers? I could be wrong but it seems like the portal "supply" is going to be much greater than the NIL offers / demand.
True, but I read somewhere that there is now a “NIL” ranking(like the star out of high school) and this places monetary “NIL” value if a player that cannot declare NFL can make if transfer.

Wild shit

ADVERTISEMENT