ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Indiana fans and those who think the Hoosiers "deserved" to win

FWIW4922463

HR All-State
Apr 1, 2021
Tell Duke and Christian Laettner that Kentucky "deserved" to win, to name one of hundreds of examples from college basketball. After all, it's not fair to hit a shot at the buzzer and change the outcome, is it? LOL

If Indiana had scored more points in 40 minutes than Iowa did yesterday, they would have won. That's always been the rule. But the Hoosiers vaunted defense couldn't stop Keegan Murray (8 for 10 from three) or JBo, who hit a couple of daggers in the last few minutes before tossing in the game winner from 40 feet.

The Hoosier fans, before the game, were bragging that Iowa would be lucky to score 60 points on the awesome fellas from Indiana who would be playing a virtual home game. Well, my friends, check the scoreboard. Unlike too many people today, it don't lie.

Iowa has now beaten Indiana twice this season in two tries. The Hawkeyes would be happy to make it 3-for-3 in the NCAAs should things work out that way. But even then the loser Hoosiers would be weepin' in their beers and sobbing about how it just ain't fair.

Oh, and if you think you feel bad now, Hoosiers and friends, wait til you see that shiny trophy they'll give Iowa later on this afternoon.

They did deserve to win .....but they didn't! They are a very good team that made very few mistakes yesterday. But ......the game is 40 min's long and the winner is the team with the most points after 40 min's ...and that was Iowa. Give Indiana a lot of credit ....they will win 90% of there games playing like that!!

So using this logic, Jimmy making that last bucket in Hoosiers should have resulted in the South Bend Central Bears deserving to win.

Thanks Indiana fans, I am now scarred for life.

I really wonder how many Hoosier fans are going to read that? I doubt they’ll be here if we win today, but I’m sure they’ll be here if we lose (especially if we somehow get blown out) so basically they’ll know where to congregate, I guess?

Reactions: BBHawk and Moral
I really wonder how many Hoosier fans are going to read that? I doubt they’ll be here if we win today, but I’m sure they’ll be here if we lose (especially if we somehow get blown out) so basically they’ll know where to congregate, I guess?
and if JBo misses that shot we have OT. We may have smoked them in OT for all we know. Who deserves the win? They were lucky Perkins turned the ball over or it may not have even come down to that. I would say we deserved the win more than Indiana

They did deserve to win .....but they didn't! They are a very good team that made very few mistakes yesterday. But ......the game is 40 min's long and the winner is the team with the most points after 40 min's ...and that was Iowa. Give Indiana a lot of credit ....they will win 90% of there games playing like that!!
You sound like the SNL Al Franken character Stuart Smalley talking to him self in front of a mirror. You can drop Smalleys "I'm smart & people like me"; however.
Only fact that matters, the team that scores the most pts wins..

It does feel like Iowa stole that game yesterday, they were down 9 after the last media timeout. But Iowa made some huge buckets and Indiana couldn't convert.

I do kind of sympathize with Hoosier fans, we've been in their shoes WAY too many times. Heck just this season Iowa gave away at least 2 games at Rutgers and PSU that they should have won and don't get me started about the Illinois game. But screw them, Iowa won and they can send their entitled asses back to Bloomington watching their TV's later today hoping to have their name called.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Indiana fans feel entitled to basketball wins like Nebraska feels entitled to football wins. This is 2022 though, not 1975.
That said, I still prefer Indiana fans to a lot of others.

It does feel like Iowa stole that game yesterday, they were down 9 after the last media timeout. But Iowa made some huge buckets and Indiana couldn't convert.

I do kind of sympathize with Hoosier fans, we've been in their shoes WAY too many times. Heck just this season Iowa gave away at least 2 games at Rutgers and PSU that they should have won and don't get me started about the Illinois game. But screw them, Iowa won and they can send their entitled asses back to Bloomington watching their TV's later today hoping to have their name called.
Pretty much if you are a fan and your team loses at the end, you feel like your favorite team "should" have won, because you can remember several calls and key plays that didn't go your way. So, by extension, the other team didn't "deserve" to win. Iowa fans do it, other teams' fans do it. Iowa fans felt that way after the Illinois game. "Should" have won by hitting free throws. Well, Iowa didn't make them so they didn't win. Indiana fans say they "should" have won because Iowa hit a bunch of 3's. Well, Iowa made the 3's, so they won.

When competition is close, most anything can happen at the end. Iowa deserves credit for getting some stops, executing to get open shots and making them. And some luck at the end to hit a banked 3.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
and if JBo misses that shot we have OT. We may have smoked them in OT for all we know. Who deserves the win? They were lucky Perkins turned the ball over or it may not have even come down to that. I would say we deserved the win more than Indiana
I think we up 4 in the waning minute, so I'd say they pretty lucky that they were able to tie it on a somewhat questionable mugging of Perk too.... ;)

Good post. They were playing well and had a lot of momentum. In most years the Hawks lose this type of game. Speaks to the heart and mental toughness of this group. IU will be a tough out in the tourney

If the 9th seeded Indiana deserved to win they would have.
If the 9th seeded Indiana is ‘a very good team’ what does that make Wisconsin, Purdue or Illinois? Maybe super duper terrifically very good teams

So who do Indy fans cheer for today. Their hated cross state rival or the hated Hawks that knocked them out of the BIG?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT