ADVERTISEMENT

Dear isu Recruits

HerkyFan

HR Heisman
May 10, 2013
I understand you have chosen isu as the best school for your future academic and athletic careers. Congratulations on your choice. With yesterday’s news of the impending implosion of the Big 12 Conference you may however want to re-consider your choice. I have a feeling your selection was at least partially due to believing isu was going to be in a P5 conference during the entirety of your college experience. Clearly this belief is in jeopardy. In fact the coaching staff you have committed to could very well jump ship to take positions at schools that remain in the P4 such as the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Pac-12. Maybe the Big 12 survives adds teams then joins the Group of 5 conferences to be the Group of 6. Or maybe isu carefully chooses a new destination for Conference affiliation from the MAC, WAC or MVC.

So maybe you want to ask yourself is isu really the best place for my future academic and athletic endeavors?

Last edited:
Odd way of addressing it by the OP however this brings up a valid argument or possible conundrum for the next recruiting cycle. It sounds like after 25' is when OU and Texas can leave so guys in this current class will be seniors if they don't red shirt so don't thing will be a factor on this class. But for 23' recruiting class and beyond this could factor in. It has been written how when Nebraska left Big 12 it hurt them with recruiting in Texas and other Big 12 territory where kids could come home and play a game or 2 a year. Yes still have TX schools but SEC schools be more appealing to TX kids with now both OU, Texas and A & M in the SEC and may consider schools like Miss St or Kentucky over a Kstate or ISU now.

Obviously if they do bolt a million things could happen with the conference but if there is a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the conference's head with trying to replace those 2 teams. First major question who can you replace them with? No school will be on that level or even close. But kids want to play for Power 5 schools so can be on TV in big time games (not a FS2 or CBS Sports channel 11am game where it is a struggle to find on your cable provider) and play against the best competition in big stadiums. Not only can Iowa sell the appeal to recruits of playing in Kinnick if they come to Iowa but you also can play against Big 10 teams on the road like Happy Valley, the Big House, Camp Randall etc. You lose the 2 premiere programs of conference that could play a major factor for rest of the Big 12. Sad thing is if they leave consider this that ISU would have the largest seating capacity in the Big 12....

Reactions: silasstarr
ISU is so screwed. Who will want them? I'm guessing they will have some decommits. I also would bet Campbell now leaves sooner rather than later.
Depends on if he wants to create a dominant team in a Group of 6 league or move to a school in the Power 4?

So dumb.

Among the many reasons a kid might choose ISU (or any school other than Iowa, really), I highly doubt conference affiliation is near the top of the list.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
So dumb.

Among the many reasons a kid might choose ISU (or any school other than Iowa, really), I highly doubt conference affiliation is near the top of the list.

Indirectly conference affiliation is at the top of the list. More eyeballs means more revenue for the conference which means better facilities/coaching staff/etc and those are the primary reasons for choosing a school.

Depends on if he wants to create a dominant team in a Group of 6 league or move to a school in the Power 4?
The B12 is dead if Texas and Okie leave. The B12 already doesn't have the resources that the Big Ten and SEC have now. Without the two flagship schools, the remaining teams won't have the cash to compete facilities wise with the major conferences.

Reactions: iowahaha1
The B12 is dead if Texas and Okie leave. The B12 already doesn't have the resources that the Big Ten and SEC have now. Without the two flagship schools, the remaining teams won't have the cash to compete facilities wise with the major conferences.
I imagine Gundy leaves OSU unless they get pulled in by PAC

I would bet that 1 in 5 recruits couldn't even tell you the conference for each of their top 5 schools.
I would take that bet. I would certainly hope that a recruit knows (or learns during the recruiting process) which conference schools are in.

Go to the Pac-12. That will help isu’s financial.
You know isu fans are clinging to that one tweet. Reason why same fan has posted it in one than more threads. They may not admit it but they know where they are located and what they bring to the table is low on the totem poll for the remaining 8 schools. I doubt pac 12 would pass on KU or Texas located schools Baylor and tcu for isu.

Reactions: HerkyFan
It’s a stupid post. You claim for it not to be direct for ISU recruits, yet you title it dear ISU recruits. Who cares about ISU recruits?
As I said it isn’t reallly directed at isu recruits it is a shot at clown fans that tweet and post directly to Iowa recruits.

If I really wanted to do what clown fans do I would get a social media persona and tweet at their recruits. I wouldn’t expect isu recruits to come to a Iowa board looking for this post. Clown fans on the other hand can’t help but flock to big brothers board. isu recruits haven’t internalized the Iowa obsession like isu’s current players, coaches, fans, administrators, radio personnel and alumni.

• Haha
Reactions: P5Champs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT