ADVERTISEMENT

March 12 ESPN Bracketology (Final Edition): IOWA remains an 8 Seed (in Birmingham). Bracket Matrix has them as a 9 Seed

All this talk about BEST case opponents and beat case location (Des Moines).

Who is the worst case 8/9 opponent and worst case #1 seed?

I agree that West coast trip and late night game, doesn't sound like fun.

I don't want to have Purdue as a 2nd round... Just cause we've already played them... I'd think it they wouldn't match us up anyway.

I'd be awesome to have a shot to take down Kansas in the second round, just cause they are a Blueblood

• Haha
Reactions: LafesterMacintosh

I don't want to have Purdue as a 2nd round... Just cause we've already played them... I'd think it they wouldn't match us up anyway.

I'd be awesome to have a shot to take down Kansas in the second round, just cause they are a Blueblood
Only way Iowa goes West coast is if they are on the 10 line. The 1s are highly likely to be Alabama (Birmingham), Houston (Birmingham), Kansas (Des Moines) and Purdue (Columbus).

If they are a 10 it's likely to be UCLA (Sacramento), Arizona (Denver or Sac), Texas (Denver) or Marquette (Des Moines or Columbus).

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Maybe the extra rest will help these guys?
Seemed last year the run in the B1G tourney just seemed to take the air out of the NCAA's
I dunno. Hard to get a read on this team from game to game.

They're going to turn it up a notch during their 1st NCAA Tournament game? Why not for every game? ;)

How good is UH?
Is that a team we would have a punchers chance with?
Depends on how hurt Sasser is and how long his injury lingers.

Went down with an ugly-looking groin injury yesterday or the day before in Houston's AAC semifinal win.

Almost certain we won't be matched up with Purdue in the 2nd round.

Means we're most likely to be drawn with Kansas, Alabama, or Houston.

Personally would be happy to face Kansas or Houston but not Alabama.

Alabama seems like the kind of team that would just get easy layups every time down against our defense. Honestly think we'd have a decent chance against the other two.

Don't have a strong preference on potential 8/9's. If we can't win that game, fug it.

Reactions: kwik44

Alabama might be the worst case #1 seed for Iowa

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Another 8/9 prediction

FrC-5EoWIAkYt7X

As of this afternoon, March 12, with just ONE HOUR before the Selection Show, NINE B1G Teams are projected by ESPN to make the Big Dance.

Iowa is projected as a #8 seed in the West Region (Las Vegas) and would face #9 West Virginia with the winner facing #1 Houston/#16 Northern Kentucky in Birmingham.

Wisconsin is the 5th team OUT. Michigan is the 8th team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
4 Indiana
7 Northwestern
7 Michigan State
8 IOWA
9 Maryland
9 Illinois
9 Penn State
11 Rutgers (LAST 4 in) @MrsScrew

Link to full bracket:

83 brackets in Bracket Matrix currently have Iowa as a 9 seed.

Link:

Dave Ommen is the founder of Bracketville.

As of this afternoon, March 12, in his final bracket, he has Iowa as a 9 seed in the East Region (New York) facing #8 Arkansas with the winner playing #1 Purdue/#16 Howard/Grambling State in Columbus.

Wisconsin is his 4th team OUT and Michigan as his 8th team OUT.

He has 9 B1G teams in:

1 Purdue (#4 overall seed)
4 Indiana (#14 overall seed)
7 Northwestern (#27 overall seed)
7 Michigan State (#28 overall seed)
8 Maryland (#32 overall seed)
9 Penn State (#33 overall seed)
9 IOWA (#34 overall seed)
10 Illinois (#37 overall seed)
11 Rutgers (LAST 4 in) (#43 overall seed)

Link:

Almost certain we won't be matched up with Purdue in the 2nd round.

Means we're most likely to be drawn with Kansas, Alabama, or Houston.

Personally would be happy to face Kansas or Houston but not Alabama.

Alabama seems like the kind of team that would just get easy layups every time down against our defense. Honestly think we'd have a decent chance against the other two.

Don't have a strong preference on potential 8/9's. If we can't win that game, fug it.
Plus, Bama's Felony Frosh is probably carrying...

ADVERTISEMENT