ADVERTISEMENT

Decorah kayaking

destro72

HB MVP
Nov 18, 2001
Going to be in Decorah this weekend, and was thinking about planning a kayak trip. I will need to rent the kayaks, and arrange shuttle. Any recommendations on who to book through, or the best area to go to?

is there any rain coming this week?

looking at the water level you'll certainly be dragging you kayak quite a bit, the upper Iowa is a bitch to float under 2.5 ft

doIGB1e.jpg

is there any rain coming this week?

looking at the water level you'll certainly be dragging you kayak quite a bit, the upper Iowa is a bitch to float under 2.5 ft

doIGB1e.jpg
Good point. It appears there is a change of rain a couple of times this week. It seems like every time i am in the Decorah area, the river level is either too high or way too low. Can't seem to hit it at the right time!

Going to be in Decorah this weekend, and was thinking about planning a kayak trip. I will need to rent the kayaks, and arrange shuttle. Any recommendations on who to book through, or the best area to go to?

O.F.F. the Driftless Wellness and Adventure Company​

I think i used this company a few years ago. they transport up the river based on how long you want to go and finish near the city. It was pretty efficient

O.F.F. the Driftless Wellness and Adventure Company​

I think i used this company a few years ago. they transport up the river based on how long you want to go and finish near the city. It was pretty efficient
Is that the little shack place across from Will Baker Park, or near the campground?

Root River at Lanesboro, Mn is usually a cool place with several outfitters to chose from. Water looks OK...

OP, your Dad doesn’t live in CR, does he? One of my favorite old neighbors said his son was going up to Decorah this weekend. He’s ex-military, computer networking genius, works like a mofo chopping/sawing wood at 80, and hates Trump. Just checking because this dude is a legend around here.

OP, your Dad doesn’t live in CR, does he? One of my favorite old neighbors said his son was going up to Decorah this weekend. He’s ex-military, computer networking genius, works like a mofo chopping/sawing wood at 80, and hates Trump. Just checking because this dude is a legend around here.
Good thing you included that bit of information. I’m sure there’s a similar guy out there with all the previous listed info that loves Trump.
got to mention him every chance you get

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Nope, must be someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT