ADVERTISEMENT

Decorah trans athlete wants ‘to be part of the team,’ even if Iowa ban won’t let her play

Well if you read anything, Iowa was being proactive instead of reactive about the situation. So you probably won’t see any of the instances you are asking for.
Lia Thomas has been the face of transgender athletes for this conservative movement so the media has kept this topic in the front and center this past year. They make it sound like it's the end of women's sports as we know it. The thing is the Olympics have allowed transgender athletes to compete under certain conditions since 2004 and none that I'm aware of have won any medals. The NCAA has allowed transgender athletes to compete since 2011 and until Lia none of us could name a transgender athlete. Iowa has apparently allowed transgender athletes to compete for some time until the new law was passed and there have been no transgender girls dominating any of the sports available to Iowa girls. Transgender females dominating athletics must be rare, but if you are on twitter or reading the "shock jock" headlines you would think cisgender women will never be able to win in athletics again. It's a culture war issue. Check out the woke Disney thread. DeSantis declared the real winner of the 500 yard freestyle today being the second place winner. There are some funny posts on the last page asking Ron to change the result of Iowa games. Here is the tweet and a link to the thread:

Lia Thomas has been the face of transgender athletes for this conservative movement so the media has kept this topic in the front and center this past year. They make it sound like it's the end of women's sports as we know it. The thing is the Olympics have allowed transgender athletes to compete under certain conditions since 2004 and none that I'm aware of have won any medals. The NCAA has allowed transgender athletes to compete since 2011 and until Lia none of us could name a transgender athlete. Iowa has apparently allowed transgender athletes to compete for some time until the new law was passed and there have been no transgender girls dominating any of the sports available to Iowa girls. Transgender females dominating athletics must be rare, but if you are on twitter or reading the "shock jock" headlines you would think cisgender women will never be able to win in athletics again. It's a culture war issue. Check out the woke Disney thread. DeSantis declared the real winner of the 500 yard freestyle today being the second place winner. There are some funny posts on the last page asking Ron to change the result of Iowa games. Here is the tweet and a link to the thread:

Once again. They are being proactive and not letting it become an issue. I wonder if anyone wishes we had more strict gun laws before shootings became a big issue.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
OIP.9aZrVNpqX91Gpn_6UOP5XwHaEJ

Once again. They are being proactive and not letting it become an issue. I wonder if anyone wishes we had more strict gun laws before shootings became a big issue.
Exactly what will the weirdos and wackos try to do after this trans shit becomes the new norm.

Seems everyone forgets is these are kids navigating this and dealing with the vitriol of strangers. The few in this thread that experience enjoyment of calling her "he" over and over is despicable. This has nothing to do with fairness and everything to do with cruelty towards those who are different.

You ceded the moral high ground when you supported an individual that trampled on women’s rights.

There is nothing wrong with calling Gavy a former male or former boy. It is a fact. The only reason we aren’t still referring to Gavy as a male or boy is because of delusional liberals on an insane fanatical quest to control other people’s freedom of thought and free expression. This is a dangerous and dark impulse.

This is also of course un-American and offensive, but the irony is lost on certain folks who lack introspection of their own behavior when they are up in their ivory towers.

Gavy is, verifiably, a biological male. People on this message board have not harmed Gavy in any way shape or form. Your misguided moral righteousness is wasted here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
You ceded the moral high ground when you supported an individual that trampled on women’s rights.

There is nothing wrong with calling Gavy a former male or former boy. It is a fact. The only reason we aren’t still referring to Gavy as a male or boy is because of delusional liberals on an insane fanatical quest to control other people’s freedom of thought and free expression. This is a dangerous and dark impulse.

This is also of course un-American and offensive, but the irony is lost on certain folks who lack introspection of their own behavior when they are up in their ivory towers.

Gavy is, verifiably, a biological male. People on this message board have not harmed Gavy in any way shape or form. Your misguided moral righteousness is wasted here.
There may be trans or parents of trans children who participate or at least observe this board who see the vitriol some are using when discussing this 15 year old. For that, my condemnation is not wasted.

Last edited:
There may be trans or parents of trans children who participate or at least observe this board who see the vitriol some are using when discussing this 15 year old. For that, my condemnation is not wasted.

For clarity, do you perceive not using a preferred pronoun as “vitriol” ? ie, using he instead of she?

So we should accept any behavior and submit to any demand (eg: pronoun usage) from some fringe thinkers lest we offend them or their parents? Riiiight.

Yeah, it sure would be nice if your or the vocal trans folks' opposition would wilt and wither cuz you can't tolerate a contrary word.
It'd be equally nice if people with such absolute feelings on the subject, like you're offering, would recognize the difference between having a differing viewpoint and being intentionally antagonistic. That is what my comment was about, not an attempt to change your mind.

Reactions: gohawks50
Just do away with mens and womens teams…..make them gender neutral. Anyone can sign up….

Cut the cost of sports for schools in half overnight.
Problem solved.

You’re welcome

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Guess I don't know how I've been intentionally antagonistic. I have, for now, even adopted to calling biological males "she" even though I don't believe it for a second. Maybe my "Riiiight" was a little sarcastic but is, of course, extremely mild for HROT.

For the record, I have no animosity towards Gavey. I mean, of course not. Besides the fact she's only a kid, she just looks quite innocent.

I strongly disagree with her requests, but discussing them is the point of this topic, no?

It'd be equally nice if people with such absolute feelings on the subject, like you're offering, would recognize the difference between having a differing viewpoint and being intentionally antagonistic. That is what my comment was about, not an attempt to change your mind.
Screwed up, see above post if so inclined.

Screwed up, see above post if so inclined.
So now you do in fact acquiesce to the "demands" of those you don't believe?

I mean this with the utmost sincerity, good work. Too many people fail to understand that a person can misunderstand or disagree with another but still be civil. This issue has made that abundantly clear.

So now you do in fact acquiesce to the "demands" of those you don't believe?

I mean this with the utmost sincerity, good work. Too many people fail to understand that a person can misunderstand or disagree with another but still be civil. This issue has made that abundantly clear.
Well that de-escalated quickly 👍.

Perhaps I acquiesced perhaps I extended an unwarranted, imo, courtesy.

Yes, let's everyone everywhere be more civil.

(Ya big a$$hole, lol. Kidding, kidding ... ).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT