ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Impact collision ejected the stuff of life

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:

Originally posted by crash_n_learn:

Originally posted by olathe_hawk:
It was a matter of the lesser of two evils...../images/smilies/roll.gif

Despite your emoticon, that's what I did.

Why didn't you vote libertarian with your bud jeffcudd?

Why would I?

Because you made a big dumb mistake voting for Bush. Kerry was the intelligent choice though.

Originally posted by nyc_hawk:
About the dinosaur/crocodile?

Yeah, that looks like a Croc climbing those boulders!

Don't give your day job for anything in the art field.

Because you made a big dumb mistake voting for Bush. Kerry was the intelligent choice though.

Bush got better grades than him.

Yeah, that looks like a Croc climbing those boulders! /images/smilies/roll.gif

Hounded, why do no scientists support your claim of humans and dinosaurs coexisting?

Same response I had Hounded....
This post was edited on 9/8 4:37 PM by olathe_hawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Hounded, why do no scientists support your claim of humans and dinosaurs coexisting?

Some do.

How did Bush get into a ivy league school to get a masters with a C average? I wouldn't have gotten into FSU to get my masters with anything less than a 3.0, and they ussually want higher.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun

Some do.

Like who? Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson funded Community College professors?

Yeah and his superior intellect just oozes as he leads this country to the toilet. Cocaine ruins the brain!!!! Why the hell would God use Dubya as a vessell to the people?

Like who? Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson funded Community College professors?

No.

One thing I do admire Hounded for is his passion and resolve to lay it on the table and not apologize for his beliefs. I wish I could believe in something like that with all my heart.

Yeah and his superior intellect just oozes as he leads this country to the toilet. Cocaine ruins the brain!!!! Why the hell would God use Dubya as a vessell to the people?

I never said he had a superior intellect. I said he got better grades than Kerry.

Who said God uses the President as a vessel to the people?

I never said he had a superior intellect. I said he got better grades than Kerry.

Who said God uses the President as a vessel to the people?

Your boy Bush did. The idiot you voted into office.

No, it doesn't look like a croc, but it clearly says "crocodile" in ancient Greek right above it, you moron.

A biblical scholar like yourself never learned Greek or Hebrew? Content to settle for King James, huh?
This post was edited on 9/8 4:51 PM by nyc_hawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Link? I would like to see that.

Do a google search Bush, god speaks through me.

At the end of the session, Bush reportedly told the group, “I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.’’

Bush is clueless

No, it doesn't look like a croc, but it clearly says "crocodile" in ancient Greek right above it, you moron. A biblical scholar like yourself never learned Greek or Hebrew? Content to settle for King James, huh?

I see you changed it from "ignorant schmuck." Now it's "moron." What? Shall I call you a bonehead now? That specific ancient word primarily meant "lizard." You're the bonehead if you think I would put something into my sig line in Greek that I didn't understand.

Link? I would like to see that.

Do a google search Bush, god speaks through me.

At the end of the session, Bush reportedly told the group, “I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.’’

I'm glad he understands that.

No, it doesn't look like a croc, but it clearly says "crocodile" in ancient Greek right above it, you moron. A biblical scholar like yourself never learned Greek or Hebrew? Content to settle for King James, huh?

I see you changed it from "ignorant schmuck." Now it's "moron." What? Shall I call you a bonehead now? That specific ancient word primarily meant "lizard." You're the bonehead if you think I would put something into my sig line in Greek that I didn't understand.

Nope - you're just dead wrong. I studied ancient Greek for 6 years.

Kappa Rho Omicron Kappa Omicron Delta Iota Lambda...

C R O C O D I L E

Unless you somehow know better than the Liddell & Scott Lexicon, the standard bearer of the study of classical Greek throughout the Western world, you're wrong, as usual.

I think you're a liar.

I know you're wrong.

I will give you two minutes to translate the end of the word in that pic. After six years of anceint Greek it should be instantaneous.
This post was edited on 9/8 5:20 PM by HoundedHawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Be careful nyc, Hounded has other weapons in his arsenal.

Don't worry, crash, no academics from some quacked-out, unaccredited "Christian" college trump the Liddell and Scott Lexicon.

In the study of ancient Greek, it is literally Bible - except in this case without the glaring inconsistencies and revisions.

Be careful nyc, Hounded has other weapons in his arsenal.

Don't worry, crash, no academics from some quacked-out, unaccredited "Christian" college trump the Liddell and Scott Lexicon.

In the study of ancient Greek, it is literally Bible - except in this case without the glaring inconsistencies and revisions.

I'm still waiting Mr. Six Year Ancient Greek student. That ending should be automatic.

Fool. That's where I got my primary definition. It said:

1. a lizard, properly an Ion. word, Hdt.
2. the Nile-lizard, crocodile, Id.

Liddell, H.G. A Lexicon : Abridged from Liddell and Scott's Greek-English Lexicon, Page 451. Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1996.

I think you're a liar.

I know you're wrong.

I will give you two minutes to translate the end of the word in that pic. After six years of anceint Greek it should be instantaneous.

This post was edited on 9/8 5:20 PM by HoundedHawk
if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'm working - believe it or not I have a job besides arguing with whacked-out nutjobs who convert homosexuals and know that men walked with dinosaurs.

If you studied Greek at all you would know that nothing is instantaneous, and the "second word" doesn't appear to be a single word at all, but rather two.

It looks like the preposition para (pi alpha rho alpha - no accent) used here in a dative sense, meaning at, near, or beside.

The alpha comes off by crasis (or is it elision? I forget - it's been years - but then why am I asking you?) - and then the second word is unclear - delta, alpha, lambda, ???

I see where you're getting at, as dalos (delta alpha lambda omicron sigma) means thunder, but that doesn't fit well.

My best guess is "at the side of bad men" or "beside savages" or something like that.

And you, you my friend can BALL' EIS KORAKAS yourself.

Liddell, H.G. A Lexicon : Abridged from Liddell and Scott's Greek-English Lexicon, Page 451. Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1996.

Did I not say that it said 'crocodile'??? Sorry I don't have my lexicon at my side - it's sitting at home with my Smythe grammar.

Try this one for size, except you'll need some grammar for this:

ho aristos aphrodisia exeis pote estai sun tou sou kuni

or

humeteros pater kai mater boulontai binein hopote bleponta

Jackass
This post was edited on 9/8 6:03 PM by nyc_hawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 9/9 8:41 AM by nyc_hawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'm working - believe it or not I have a job besides arguing with whacked-out nutjobs who convert homosexuals and know that men walked with dinosaurs.

If you studied Greek at all you would know that nothing is instantaneous, and the "second word" doesn't appear to be a single word at all, but rather two.

You fraud!!

Six years of ancient Greek and you don't know this word? Right!

I hope this thread becomes legendary. This needs preserved.

Oh, and you better check the spelling of your last little shot.

And leave my mother and father out of it!

I think you only get silence from me from now.
This post was edited on 9/8 5:52 PM by HoundedHawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I think you're a liar.

I know you're wrong.

I
will give you two minutes to translate the end of the word in that pic.
After six years of anceint Greek it should be instantaneous.

This post was edited on 9/8 5:20 PM by HoundedHawk

I'm
working - believe it or not I have a job besides arguing with
whacked-out nutjobs who convert homosexuals and know that men walked
with dinosaurs.

If you studied Greek at all you would know that
nothing is instantaneous, and the "second word" doesn't appear to be a
single word at all, but rather two.

It looks like the preposition para (pi alpha rho alpha - no accent) used here in a dative sense, meaning at, near, or beside.

The
alpha comes off by crasis (or is it elision? I forget - it's been years
- but then why am I asking you?) - and then the second word is unclear
- delta, alpha, lambda, ???

I see where you're getting at, as dalos (delta alpha lambda omicron sigma) means thunder, but that doesn't fit well.

My best guess is "at the side of bad men" or "beside savages" or something like that.

And you, you my friend can BALL' EIS KORAKAS yourself.

Going back and looking at those I see what he's getting at. Dinosaurs. But sailors also believed the oceans were full of monsters just 300 years ago. Were they right?

And you still never backed up the 'odds of a single cell evolving'. I know where it's from, but I want you to do the searching and see how the creationist take it way out of contex.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun

[/QUOTE]

Did I not say that it said 'crocodile'??? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, you flamer, you had to say my definition "lizard" was wrong when it was the primary one.

You were WRONG.

You fraud!!

This post was edited on 9/8 5:52 PM by HoundedHawk

Sorry bud, no mention of crocodiles in Herodotus, Thucydides, Plato, Homer, Aristophanes, Sapho, Demosthenes, etc.

Greek, if you had ever studied it, is an exceedingly complex language in the written form, and nothing is ever totally evident at first glance - it's a language where 1 verb can mean "having previously returned to the place from whence they came". Gimme a break.

I translated the word in your picture correctly as "crocodile", 8 years removed from study, and you throw this giant hissy fit that I'm wrong, then you come back all triumphantly with something that proves me correct in the first place.

If you can translate anything I've written I might give you some credit for being something beyond the dipshit, uneducated (besides your knowledge of the "Book" OF COURSE - I mean what else is worth learning?) dittohead you've proven yourself to be time and time and time and time again.

You have 5 minutes. I'll expect verbs to be parsed decently as well because they're really, really simple.

You fraud!!

This post was edited on 9/8 5:52 PM by HoundedHawk

OOOOOOOO good job - you can translate mother and father too!!!!

Can you read a damn bit of anything else???

Did I not say that it said 'crocodile'???

No, you flamer, you had to say my definition "lizard" was wrong when it was the primary one.

You were WRONG.[/B]

Sound it out man - KROKODIL...

Never got your thoughts on the second 2nd/3rd words though

And actually, you said it was I that was wrong for thinking it said "crocodile"

Run along and read your bible
This post was edited on 9/8 6:11 PM by nyc_hawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I could sit here forever and wait for a reply, but I know it won't come.

You challenged me to translate something and I gave it my best stab. You tried to mock me with claims that "anybody who...." but that only betrays your complete ignorance of the study of Greek. Very, very little is instantaneous or recognizable at first site, especially exact meanings when genitive or dative prepositions or G/D derived verbs are involved.

I challenged you in turn to take a stab at some exceedingly simple phrases, but all you give me is 'leave my mother and father' out of it (good job big boy! you can translate mom and dad!) and a self-righteous claim that "I get silence" from you from now on.

Totally weak, totally convenient, and totally expected. Par for the course for you Hounded.

Next time you try and call somebody out, first of all, make sure it's not me, because I'd never get trapped in a lie like that, least of all to a dolt like you, and second, have the sack to at least TRY and back your own shit up.

Good night now - nyc_hawk

nyc,

Since this got moved over to legendary threads I was not able to respond after I got back from some hospital visits. I replied to the first post.

You want me to translate your perverted Greek when you can't even translate one word on the end of what I wanted? Precious.

Here, I copied one of your perverted sayings.

ho aristos aphrodisia exeis pote estai sun tou sou kuni

How perverted. What? Did you learn this in grade school? You're telling me the best sex I have is where it will be with my dog? No more translation for a pervert. BTW - You may want to check the declension of kuni and other words. Also, your transliteration leaves much to be desired.

And, yes, I can parse verbs.

"Exeis" - Present, Indicative, Active, 2nd Person singular, from exo = I have/hold.

"Estai" - Future, Indicative, Middle, 3rd Person singular, from eimi = I am.

I think there have been enough insults going around. Why do you always have to mock? Why can't you just deal with the subject matter? You said Liddell & Scott is like the Bible of grammars yet you won't accept their primary definition. You say, "Sound it out." Any first year Greek student knows that just because we have a word that came from them doesn't mean it always means the same as our primary meaning. In this case it means it's their primary. How do I know? Look at the picture. It doesn't look anything like a crocodile. It looks like a lizard/dinosaur. Forgive me for using their primary meaning!

And I will give you a hint about the end of that word. I believe it is an adjective based on the name for another animal. I haven't looked it up though.

Here's some koine Greek for you. There's a link to transliterating since I see you have some difficulty with it despite your six years.

metanoaison oun apo taes kakias sou tautaes kai deaethaeti tou kuriou, ei apa aphethaesetai soi hae epinoia taes kardias sou, eis gar cholae pikria ka sundesmon adikias opw se onta.
This post was edited on 9/8 11:22 PM by HoundedHawkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Transliteration.

nyc said, Next time you try and call somebody out, first of all, make sure it's not me, because I'd never get trapped in a lie like that, least of all to a dolt like you, and second, have the sack to at least TRY and back your own shit up.

I have never had to use three emoticons ever, EVER.

ADVERTISEMENT