ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Tracks

TheCainer

HB Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Those who subscribe to Sirius XM probably know what Deep Tracks is. Basically, this station plays the very good songs of little/less notoriety from albums that gained fame from a couple of very popular songs from the very same albums/artists. However, there were other songs from these same albums that were very good in their own right, which Deep Tracks will play on their streaming service. Given that, I would like to nominate a few songs that would fall into this category.

I graduated from high school in 1974 and really liked the Doobie Brothers and The Moody Blues at that time, and given that, here are a few songs from the albums they produced during that era that I feel were worthy of more "Air Time".

The Doobie Brothers: The Captain and Me album. China Grove seemed to get all of the air time, however, IMO this song, South City Midnight Lady, among many others on that album, deserved more radio play.

The Moody Blues Seventh Sojourn album had I'm Just a Singer in a Rock and Roll Band that received all of the radio time. IMO, it may have been the worst song on that album. But, maybe it was their best album ever(?), and included this one: New Horizons

And lastly, returning to the Doobie Brothers, their Stampede album received very little notoriety besides Take Me in your Arms, but their song I Cheat the Hangman may have demonstrated their ability to go outside of the box and produce something totally unexpected:

For anyone that might be curious, this link might explain the nexus of this song.

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-doobie-brothers/i-cheat-the-hangman

Are there any other album songs from well known artists that HBOT would nominate and be worthy of a Deep Tracks nomination?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT