ADVERTISEMENT

Defend the 1.9

mauricehawki

HR MVP
Feb 15, 2006
If you agree with the 1.9 trillion bill here is your chance to defend it. Only 9% goes to Covid releif. Much of is is not even going to be spent for 2-3 years. Why jam so much wasteful spending into one bill?

Reactions: KFSuperStar
I hadn't seen the adjusted number after they removed 15 dollars an hour. They are still trying to make the bill for 700 billion to Americans 1.9 trillion? ****ing shameless.

I think it is needed to ensure we get over the hump here with COVID impacting the economy. A double dip recession is still not out of the question. I think this stimulus bill combined with vaccination efforts will help avoid that and propel the American economy back to "normal".

I read it on the internet.

Are you trolling here? If not, can you give a breakdown of what isn’t being spent towards relief. I have read through a good chunk of it and feel majority of it is really quite necessary as there are a lot of people in need right now. I still wish they would focus more money to those in need as opposed to families making up to 150k getting pretty sizable chunks of money, but I understand why.

Are you trolling here? If not, can you give a breakdown of what isn’t being spent towards relief. I have read through a good chunk of it and feel majority of it is really quite necessary as there are a lot of people in need right now. I still wish they would focus more money to those in need as opposed to families making up to 150k getting pretty sizable chunks of money, but I understand why.
Yep cause expecting those people in need to actually get off their ass and go get a job is unrealistic.

So why can't they get a job and if it doesn't pay enough get a 2nd part time job. Nah let's just live off uncle Sam. If there isn't a job where they live then move.

A friend in Florida has applied for over a hundred jobs. Only one interview which ended up being a scammy employer. Friend would love to get a second job because it means there would be a first job.

A friend in Florida has applied for over a hundred jobs. Only one interview which ended up being a scammy employer. Friend would love to get a second job because it means there would be a first job.
Sounds like friend needs to move to where there are jobs.

Step 1 is you have to apply to places that are actually hiring. Hard step I know but it helps.

So the only defense for printing $1.9 trillion more dollars and charging it to your grandkids is more than 9% will go toward Covid? Neat.

Are you employed? Most employers these days only take apps online and only to specific jobs. You can’t apply to places not hiring.
Well old Wendy's friend has claimed to apply for over 100 jobs. I call total BS if they applied to 100 places that were hiring and did not get 1 interview. Either that or they are applying for jobs they are obviously not qualified for.

Cut the bill in half. No stimulus checks, we need to stop printing money. Add disaster tax credits for small businesses to recoup some of their losses. Keep the extra $300 per unemployment check. Most of it should be funding for more tests, vaccines, and PPE.

Cut the bill in half. No stimulus checks, we need to stop printing money. Add disaster tax credits for small businesses to recoup some of their losses. Keep the extra $300 per unemployment check. Most of it should be funding for more tests, vaccines, and PPE.
Now you want to stop "printing money". So predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT