ADVERTISEMENT

Defend the 1.9

A friend in Florida has applied for over a hundred jobs. Only one interview which ended up being a scammy employer. Friend would love to get a second job because it means there would be a first job.
I have a similar friend in Neola, Iowa. Was laid off in August. Desparately wants a job as she is single and has never been a high wage earner so there is no savings. Has her Class B license but needs to make more than $12 per hour to live. Has applied for hundreds of jobs. One interview and they said they may be able to hire her in March. That was last fall.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
The economy is already growing and one might say that it should get "hot in the coming two quarters". The YC is moving up and the fed is projecting that trend to continue over the coming year. Guessing YC movement is a combination of concerns of inflation plus the economic heat up so we are going to throw more liquidity on top of those concerns...really smart move, LOL what a joke.

Look if people are hurting shore up the social saftey net programs we already have in place, this shouldn't be this difficult.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I have a similar friend in Neola, Iowa. Was laid off in August. Desparately wants a job as she is single and has never been a high wage earner so there is no savings. Has her Class B license but needs to make more than $12 per hour to live. Has applied for hundreds of jobs. One interview and they said they may be able to hire her in March. That was last fall.
Who is it?

Gonna pay for the moving truck and security deposit?
Now that is good government program. Instead of giving people money not to work relocate them to Iowa where jobs are plentiful. I can't believe I am the only one to think of that. Wait that takes comment sense. So lacking in our government.

Wow 3 boys mom. Grew up in Missouri Valley a stones throw from Neola/Tri Center. 58 and retired in CA but have a Class B and drive for a senior retirement community. Tell her to focus there. They are vaccinated and can take bus trips now.

Now that is good government program. Instead of giving people money not to work relocate them to Iowa where jobs are plentiful. I can't believe I am the only one to think of that. Wait that takes comment sense. So lacking in our government.
What if they are divorced with kids? Are you willing to let one parent move their kids away from the other parent so they can take a job? Or force parents to move away from their kids? It's not as easy as you seem to think

What if they are divorced with kids? Are you willing to let one parent move their kids away from the other parent so they can take a job? Or force parents to move away from their kids? It's not as easy as you seem to think
So because they are divorced with kids they get a free pass. Life aint all roses get over it honey.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
So then yes, you are fine with mom's being able to move away with their kids regardless of what dad thinks. Good to know.
Is the dad willing to pay more child support or alimony if she can’t find a job? Some times hard decisions have to be made. Life isn’t fair.

So then yes, you are fine with mom's being able to move away with their kids regardless of what dad thinks. Good to know.
So you are fine with mom living a freeloader lifestyle that i have to pay for. What does this teach the kids? Life has no consequences.

So you are fine with mom living a freeloader lifestyle that i have to pay for. What does this teach the kids? Life has no consequences.
Freeloader lifestyle? Give me a break. She has always worked. Worked 2 jobs for a lot of years as a single mom. Her choices now are to take a job that doesn't pay enough to cover her bills or collect unemployment while she continues to look for a job that will. Be thankful you are not in her position. It is shitty, it is scary, she is terrified of what is going to happen to her as she knows her unemployment benefits are limited. But keep on trolling.

The economy is already growing and one might say that it should get "hot in the coming two quarters". The YC is moving up and the fed is projecting that trend to continue over the coming year. Guessing YC movement is a combination of concerns of inflation plus the economic heat up so we are going to throw more liquidity on top of those concerns...really smart move, LOL what a joke.

Look if people are hurting shore up the social saftey net programs we already have in place, this shouldn't be this difficult.

You ain’t kidding. Inflation is going to be a major concern here in the next 12 months. Lots of bubbles about to burst. Get Those big purchases out of the way sooner rather than later.

I do think the yc movement we saw the last 2 weeks is pricing in this inevitable stimulus package. Forecasting 2.1-2.3% which I think is extremely low for what is coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: unIowa
Freeloader lifestyle? Give me a break. She has always worked. Worked 2 jobs for a lot of years as a single mom. Her choices now are to take a job that doesn't pay enough to cover her bills or collect unemployment while she continues to look for a job that will. Be thankful you are not in her position. It is shitty, it is scary, she is terrified of what is going to happen to her as she knows her unemployment benefits are limited. But keep on trolling.
Life has consequences.
Have you offered to let her move in with you till she gets back on her feet.

Remember when Republicans were for stimulus before the election? What changed between then and now? Oh yeah they lost the elections so now they don’t even have to pretend to care about people again.

Well old Wendy's friend has claimed to apply for over 100 jobs. I call total BS if they applied to 100 places that were hiring and did not get 1 interview. Either that or they are applying for jobs they are obviously not qualified for.
Probably has a neck tatoo and missing teeth. If you can't get a job even at fast food you are screwed.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
OP, please come back to address this.

Saw something online where McCarthy was showing a simple graph backing up what OP said.

I laughed when I typed backed up OP. ;)

I’m sure there’s wasteful spending in that bill, there always is, but the 91% is most definitely a Republican narrative they’re trying to push

Remember when Republicans were for stimulus before the election? What changed between then and now? Oh yeah they lost the elections so now they don’t even have to pretend to care about people again.

Oh I think they’re still for a stimulus, but a smaller more targeted bill. Problem is, I don’t think the GOP knows what that means

Surprisingly I am employed at same place for 19 years. Hopefully they don't find out I post on here.

You'd have to be pretty handsome to get away with being this dumb while holding a job with an employer who'd be concerned with your posting here.

If you agree with the 1.9 trillion bill here is your chance to defend it. Only 9% goes to Covid releif. Much of is is not even going to be spent for 2-3 years. Why jam so much wasteful spending into one bill?
Still waiting to hear the defense for the massive deficit increase caused by Trump's unpaid for tax cuts. When you satisfactorily answer that, we can talk about the $1.9.

Still waiting to hear the defense for the massive deficit increase caused by Trump's unpaid for tax cuts. When you satisfactorily answer that, we can talk about the $1.9.

That’s lame. You’ve been ripping on the increased deficit from those tax cuts for four years.m, rightfully so.

New current legislation on the discussion table and you spew this.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
If you agree with the 1.9 trillion bill here is your chance to defend it. Only 9% goes to Covid releif. Much of is is not even going to be spent for 2-3 years. Why jam so much wasteful spending into one bill?
I hadn't seen the adjusted number after they removed 15 dollars an hour. They are still trying to make the bill for 700 billion to Americans 1.9 trillion? ****ing shameless.
Cut the bill in half. No stimulus checks, we need to stop printing money. Add disaster tax credits for small businesses to recoup some of their losses. Keep the extra $300 per unemployment check. Most of it should be funding for more tests, vaccines, and PPE.
@Morrison71
cedd5c163ebce3f4ed0f420ad9bf260f.jpg

That’s lame. You’ve been ripping on the increased deficit from those tax cuts for four years.m, rightfully so.

New current legislation on the discussion table and you spew this.
I was opposed to the tax cut/deficit, in favor of the first stimulus but think it should have been more targeted and bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT