ADVERTISEMENT

Defend the 1.9

Now that is good government program. Instead of giving people money not to work relocate them to Iowa where jobs are plentiful. I can't believe I am the only one to think of that. Wait that takes comment sense. So lacking in our government.

Actually you are wrong in my part of iowa employers are begging for workers.

Very false. Many manufacturers are and can’t get enough good people.

Unemployment rate in Iowa is just over 3%.

Unemployment rate in Iowa is just over 3%.
And many manufacturers are begging for good people. We’re going to be at record production for our next fiscal year, but we have to be able to fill jobs. They leave as fast as we can hire them.

I have a similar friend in Neola, Iowa. Was laid off in August. Desparately wants a job as she is single and has never been a high wage earner so there is no savings. Has her Class B license but needs to make more than $12 per hour to live. Has applied for hundreds of jobs. One interview and they said they may be able to hire her in March. That was last fall.

My son (18) landed a job 10 miles from Neola with no experience, $15.25/hr. Menards Distribution Center. This place is always hiring. https://www.indeed.com/q-Menards-l-Shelby,-IA-jobs.html

My company is hiring, remote workers. I’m based in Shelby, 10 miles away. We hired my neighbor, who had recently lost her job in CB at $19/hr and she works from home. We are interviewing for a second position and this person lives in our town as well. I also have another position on my team that is in customer service which pays $50k plus bonuses, also working remotely. All of these positions are advertised in Omaha, but able to work remote, and we struggle to get applications. For my $50k job, my only application has been some guy in CA who hasn’t held a job since Oct 2019.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
So then yes, you are fine with mom's being able to move away with their kids regardless of what dad thinks. Good to know.

don’t worry after one of the parents has to move away from their kid(s), maurice and similar ilk will just bitch about the problems caused with having only one parent involved in a childs life.

only reason I am still in Iowa right now is because of my kid.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I have a similar friend in Neola, Iowa. Was laid off in August. Desparately wants a job as she is single and has never been a high wage earner so there is no savings. Has her Class B license but needs to make more than $12 per hour to live. Has applied for hundreds of jobs. One interview and they said they may be able to hire her in March. That was last fall.

I don’t know how hard it would be to bump to a Class C license, but SWIPCO out of Atlantic is hiring.

Also, go to Indeed, type in “driver” in Omaha. 1,150 jobs listed.

And many manufacturers are begging for good people. We’re going to be at record production for our next fiscal year, but we have to be able to fill jobs. They leave as fast as we can hire them.
Sounds like a shit work environment if people are leaving as fast as you hire them.

my workplace has positions they can’t fill. We had a number of people that left due to pay the year going into COVID. They never replaced them and piled more on the plate of everybody else. A month before covid shutdowns, they made excuses why they couldn’t give more than a couple dimes per hour for a raise. Now more people are leaving, and managements freaking out. More will likely go if they cheap out with raises this year, especially after spending a lot of money on unnecessary cosmetics in our facility over the past few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattymoknows
The economy is already growing and one might say that it should get "hot in the coming two quarters". The YC is moving up and the fed is projecting that trend to continue over the coming year. Guessing YC movement is a combination of concerns of inflation plus the economic heat up so we are going to throw more liquidity on top of those concerns...really smart move, LOL what a joke.

Look if people are hurting shore up the social saftey net programs we already have in place, this shouldn't be this difficult.
What does YC movement stand for? @luvmyhawks

I don’t know how hard it would be to bump to a Class C license, but SWIPCO out of Atlantic is hiring.

Also, go to Indeed, type in “driver” in Omaha. 1,150 jobs listed.
I will mention it to her. I don’t know that customer service would be a good fit for her. She doesn’t have a great filter. Lol.
Serious question, do you think being a 53 year old woman would make it harder to get a warehouse type position?

Why do you think this will be bad for the economy?

On the surface, it isn’t bad for the economy. In fact, it would normally be viewed as a healthy indicator for future growth. However, to much to fast can also be an indicator. The speed of the movement on the curve recently has been concerning and can be a sign of to much growth to fast and throwing another 1.9 trillion could be adding fuel to the fire. The inflation is a major concern in the next 12 months.

I Do, however, believe some of the movement recently is forecasting the forgone conclusion of a massive stimulus. Keep an eye on it.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I will mention it to her. I don’t know that customer service would be a good fit for her. She doesn’t have a great filter. Lol.
Serious question, do you think being a 53 year old woman would make it harder to get a warehouse type position?

I must have missed where you mentioned her age. Though, my wife is 47 and I’m pretty sure she could handle working there if we were desperate enough. Our neighbor is 70 and can out work quite a few men.

Now I’m trying to figure out who I know from Neola, 4 years older than me, without a great filter. Lol.

Reactions: Mat_Hawks
I must have missed where you mentioned her age. Though, my wife is 47 and I’m pretty sure she could handle working there if we were desperate enough. Our neighbor is 70 and can out work quite a few men.

Now I’m trying to figure out who I know from Neola, 4 years older than me, without a great filter. Lol.
😂 I hadn’t mentioned her age before so you didn’t miss it. She’s lived there maybe 10 years. Didn’t grow up there.

@BrunoMars420. One other factor that I do not believe people are paying enough attention to regarding inflation is the personal savings rate over the last year. Pre Covid, the us average savings rate per household was 7%/mo. In March and April of last year it was over 30% and has remained well over 10% throughout last year. It was 20% n January. Again, on the surface this would appear to be a positive overall. However, a whole lot of cash, personal and businesses, is being hoarded. Nice, there is more of an all clear, people like @3boysmom will be so busy with people booking vacations, and other spending that we could see a major infusion of cash into the economy. Again, on the surface this would appear to be a good thing. But again, to much to fast could be a recipe for an inflation nightmare.

Reactions: 3boysmom
@BrunoMars420. One other factor that I do not believe people are paying enough attention to regarding inflation is the personal savings rate over the last year. Pre Covid, the us average savings rate per household was 7%/mo. In March and April of last year it was over 30% and has remained well over 10% throughout last year. It was 20% n January. Again, on the surface this would appear to be a positive overall. However, a whole lot of cash, personal and businesses, is being hoarded. Nice, there is more of an all clear, people like @3boysmom will be so busy with people booking vacations, and other spending that we could see a major infusion of cash into the economy. Again, on the surface this would appear to be a good thing. But again, to much to fast could be a recipe for an inflation nightmare.
Yah that savings I think has a lot to do with travel and people holding off on big purchases due to Covid. As long as we have “maximum” employment I don’t see inflation being an issue. I trust the Fed will be acting in the best interest of our economy.

Yah that savings I think has a lot to do with travel and people holding off on big purchases due to Covid. As long as we have “maximum” employment I don’t see inflation being an issue. I trust the Fed will be acting in the best interest of our economy.

We are fixing to find out. If people have learned to save money because of this and keep past savings from the last year in investments, emergency, etc...... then you are probably correct. Again, these are just some indicators and things to pay attention to over the next 3-6 months. a spike n inflation and the fed will be forced to act.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
No one’s hiring, you utter moron.
Lots of people are hiring, tons of jobs out there. Here in the QC, Kraft, Cobham, LeClaire (Foundry Work), Sterlite and Purina, just to name a few. They cannot find people that show up on a regular basis. The other thing I hear is finding a worker with a driver's license is difficult. Just keep your nose clean, show up, don't lose your license, and you will eventually move up into a job that can support a family.

ADVERTISEMENT