ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
I don't care how many points Ohio St. scored today. They started with the ball in excellent field positon all day and we had S I X turnovers. They played well.

They really only had 2 bad drives, a bomb TD and three amazing throws by Stroud.

Ohio St. only ended up with just over 350 yards of offense while getting to possess the ball all game because of the offense. They caused 2 turnovers and even scored, per usual. I really appreciate these guys and know how incredibly frustrating it must be and it sucks.

I don't care how many points Ohio St. scored today. They started with the ball in excellent field positon all day and we had S I X turnovers. They played well.

They really only had 2 bad drives, a bomb TD and three amazing throws by Stroud. Should’ve been called back for offensive holding
Ohio St. only ended up with just over 350 yards of offense while getting to possess the ball all game because of the offense. They caused 2 turnovers and even scored, per usual. I really appreciate these guys and know how incredibly frustrating it must be and it sucks.

The defense played well. Proud of them. Hard to do much when the defense is the best chance of iowa scoring.

Ohio St didn't have more yards because they had a short field most possessions...and when you score, you stop accumulating yards for that possession. If Iowa's O had moved the ball 30 or 40 yards per possession, OSU would have had another 150 yards offense.
There really is no defensive silver lining or moral victory in this game. We gave up 50+ points and they all count no matter how we try to assign blame.

Ohio St didn't have more yards because they had a short field most possessions...and when you score, you stop accumulating yards for that possession. If Iowa's O had moved the ball 30 or 40 yards per possession, OSU would have had another 150 yards offense.
There really is no defensive silver lining or moral victory in this game. We gave up 50+ points and they all count no matter how we try to assign blame.
They kicked 4 fgs after starting and not moving in fg territory and had a defensive TD to start. Don’t be dumb. OSU had 15 ****ing possessions.

not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya?

So on all those drives when OSU got the ball inside Iowa's 35 and were forced to kick field goals after one or no first downs, they would have had more yards if they hadn't been gifted the field position? That doesn't make any sense.

It was a game of two halves for OSU. The 1st half they struggled - well. kind of - to put points on the board. Yes, I realize they had 26 points but they were forced into 4 FGs. Once they - kind of - figured things out at halftime they're offense starting moving. BUT, with all of that said, Iowa's defense played outstanding as no realistic fan could expect them to hold up the whole game without any help from that putrid Iowa offense.

It was a game of two halves for OSU. The 1st half they struggled - well. kind of - to put points on the board. Yes, I realize they had 26 points but they were forced into 4 FGs. Once they - kind of - figured things out at halftime they're offense starting moving. BUT, with all of that said, Iowa's defense played outstanding as no realistic fan could expect them to hold up the whole game without any help from that putrid Iowa offense.
I'm sure @IowasLaw will be on tomorrow to call out the defense for being overrated.......

I feel so ****ing bad for the defense. Every player on that side of the ball is going to develop a spinal injury because of how much they have had to carry the offense this year.

Screw the final score, an absolutely heroic effort by the defense in the first half. One legit TD allowed in the first half allowed and 4 field goals. You really can't ask for a better effort by them.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Screw the final score, an absolutely heroic effort by the defense in the first half. One legit TD allowed in the first half allowed and 4 field goals. You really can't ask for a better effort by them.
It sounds really dumb to say that the defense played well enough to win in a 54-10 loss. But it is not a bad evaluation; more evidence how pathetic this offense is.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT