ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders

Beattheohiostate

HR All-State
Aug 5, 2022
phoenix, AZ
"Jackson State’s Deion Sanders is down to three choices for his next coaching position: South Florida, Colorado, and Cincinnati.

"Prime just led JSU to its first-ever undefeated season and is 26-5 all-time at the school. He’s banked more than a handful of four and five-star recruits at the FCS program." (See the whole report here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-uc-one-of-deion-sanders-final-school-choices/ar-AA14Kfko?cvid=221bf16d182b469098d7b576d82c3fe4)

In an alternate universe KF announced he would retire at the end of the bowl game, and Iowa hired Deion Sanders as its new head coach, outbidding the competition and giving Deion the BIG stage of the BIG Ten. Kadyn Proctor immediately confirmed his commitment to the Hawkeyes, more top-rated OLs followed suit, and mobile QBs and talented WRs were beating down the doors of Kinnick Stadium. Sanders' only recruiting problem was the scholarship limitations.

"I'll be bringing my wide open offense to Iowa City, and I plan to turn the Big Ten inside out," Sanders told an overflow crowd of media gathered in the Hawkeyes' indoor facility. "We'll still have that awesome defense that Coach Parker brings every year, but we'll add an offense to match, one that doesn't believe in punting. I can't wait to lead the Hawkeyes against Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and UCLA. I'll just tell y'all . . . better watch out for Iowa."

And then a cosmic event swallowed up that alternate universe, and Hawkeye fans were left with nothing but coal in their Christmas stockings -- that and visions of what could have been.

He was able to pull in 4 and 5 star recruits to a school and conference full of 1 star recruits. Even Brian Ferentz could have coached them to a TD or two…. EACH game.

Reactions: K OKeefe
He was able to pull in 4 and 5 star recruits to a school and conference full of 1 star recruits. Even Brian Ferentz could have coached them to a TD or two…. EACH game.
In don't know, Kirk and Brian would do field goals.

Pretty successful so far, keep Phil , bring in Sanders. I'd be all in.
Actually I'd be super excited, we need a change imo.

But watch his videos on Twitter. I love his messages to his team. The 60 minute interview where he told a walk on that he better start working harder or he will be a walk off was a great line. He holds his guys accountable and pushed why their education is important.

I see Warren Sapp has reached out to Deion to coach at Colorado. Even told him he wanted to be a part of his staff

"Jackson State’s Deion Sanders is down to three choices for his next coaching position: South Florida, Colorado, and Cincinnati.

"Prime just led JSU to its first-ever undefeated season and is 26-5 all-time at the school. He’s banked more than a handful of four and five-star recruits at the FCS program." (See the whole report here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-uc-one-of-deion-sanders-final-school-choices/ar-AA14Kfko?cvid=221bf16d182b469098d7b576d82c3fe4)

In an alternate universe KF announced he would retire at the end of the bowl game, and Iowa hired Deion Sanders as its new head coach, outbidding the competition and giving Deion the BIG stage of the BIG Ten. Kadyn Proctor immediately confirmed his commitment to the Hawkeyes, more top-rated OLs followed suit, and mobile QBs and talented WRs were beating down the doors of Kinnick Stadium. Sanders' only recruiting problem was the scholarship limitations.

"I'll be bringing my wide open offense to Iowa City, and I plan to turn the Big Ten inside out," Sanders told an overflow crowd of media gathered in the Hawkeyes' indoor facility. "We'll still have that awesome defense that Coach Parker brings every year, but we'll add an offense to match, one that doesn't believe in punting. I can't wait to lead the Hawkeyes against Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and UCLA. I'll just tell y'all . . . better watch out for Iowa."

And then a cosmic event swallowed up that alternate universe, and Hawkeye fans were left with nothing but coal in their Christmas stockings -- that and visions of what could have been.

But watch his videos on Twitter. I love his messages to his team. The 60 minute interview where he told a walk on that he better start working harder or he will be a walk off was a great line. He holds his guys accountable and pushed why their education is important.
I still think there's a big part of Deion that's phony. In the end, it's still being sure he is in the spotlight and his "Prime Time" image stays top of mind.

He's on a much bigger stage now so his voice will be followed even more; he's the kind of guy you need to hold your breath as each time he opens his mouth you're not sure what comes out of it.

Don't know whether or not he'll be able to bring the buffs back to respectable. I think it's going to be a tough road. If they have a good NIL set up he'll be able to take maximum advantage of free agency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT