ADVERTISEMENT

Demi Lovato reveals they are nonbinary and changing their pronouns

The 28 year old Demi Lovato has suffered from a
bipolar disorder. Her mental health issues have
made her seem erratic in her thinking and actions.
She needs some excellent professional help to get
her act together.

I agree, it's dumb. But I suppose it's better than being referred to as "it" like an inanimate object.

Maybe zee/zep/zex or something could work better.
It’s dumb because she doesn’t identify as two or more people. That’s as far as we need to go in recognizing how stupid it is.

Reactions: fezzador
How was I supposed to interpret this?

As I said, I don't think it's a valid comparison, on many levels. People are born with the skin color they have. They never have the option to change it. It's also erroneous to compare four-hundred years of persecution and systemic racism of black people to a sign clarifying where certain people go potty. That, in no way, was intended to mean transgender people arbitrarily choose their gender. It simply means the scale is not comparable.

I was reacting to the comparison to Sean Hannity. I should have clarified that better. In my defense, I've had a busy morning at work.

The 28 year old Demi Lovato has suffered from a
bipolar disorder. Her mental health issues have
made her seem erratic in her thinking and actions.
She needs some excellent professional help to get
her act together.

Odd, because the same thing was true of Martin Luther. 😜

178367-horizons-2021-01-14t094157673.jpg

American pop star Demi Lovato is non-binary and has changed their pronouns to they/them, the singer has announced.

Singer Demi Lovato has revealed they are nonbinary and are changing their pronouns, telling fans they are "proud" to make the change after "a lot of self-reflective work."
Lovato, who rose to fame as a teenage movie star and has become one of the world's most popular singers over the past decade, made the announcement to fans in a video and tweets posted online on Wednesday.

"I feel that this best represents the fluidity I feel in my gender expression, and allows me to feel most authentic and true to the person I both know I am and still am discovering," the singer said.

Keep scrolling for a photo gallery from the career of Demi Lovato
Lovato added they came to the decision "after a lot of healing and self-reflective work."

"I'm still learning & coming into myself, & I don't claim to be an expert or a spokesperson. Sharing this with you now opens another level of vulnerability for me," Lovato said.

"I'm doing this for those out there that haven't been able to share who they truly are with their loved ones. Please keep living in your truths & know I am sending so much love your way."

The "Sorry Not Sorry" hitmaker recently shared their personal struggles with mental health and addiction in a YouTube documentary, which followed their journey prior to and following a near-fatal overdose in 2018.

"My doctors said that I had five to 10 more minutes," Lovato says in the documentary, speaking about the incident.
In a subsequent interview with EW, Lovato said ending their engagement to actor Max Ehrich helped them understand they are "just too queer" for such a commitment to a man at the moment.
"Regardless if drama is happening or not, I am too gay to marry a man right now," Lovato said. "I don't know if that will change in 10 years and I don't know if that'll never change, but I love accepting myself."
Is referring to oneself as they/them a multiple personality disorder? Personally, I don’t care what someone calls themself but I’m not going out of my way to call them them.

Put me in the boat where I wish Hitler would have been quieted long before he exerted so much influence. Allowing sick people like Lovato, Abrams, or Sanders to gain any traction at all have greatly harmed our country, especially as they've become more confident in their idiocy.
Actually, it is comments like yours that are more damaging. I am not sure how Lovato's statement is damaging our country. If you do not like or agree with what Lovato is saying. don't read/listen to it. I may not completely understand Lovato being binary, but it has no effect on me. I think she is trying to help others who are going through the same thing. Gender identity is not a mental health issue.

Reactions: Gimmered
Here's the thing....They will never be happy if this is what concerns them.

It is truly a mental, delusional state.

Like saying some schizophrenic should just do what makes them happy
This is not a mental heath issue, and should not be compared to schizophrenia.

Maybe they will never be happy. Personally I think the schizophrenic comparison is a little bit of an exaggeration. Not to go down the political route but I want Trump supporters to be happy too (as long they aren’t hurting other people) even if they are in a mental, delusional state about the 2020 election.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/demi-lovato-interview-unidentified/

Demi Lovato Told Us How To Communicate With ETs & Why We Shouldn’t Call Them ‘Aliens’​

So should we be afraid of them? Demi Lovato says no.

“I think that if there were beings that could harm us, we would have been gone a long time ago,” they pointed out. “I also think that if there are civilisations that are of consciousness in other dimensions, which has given them the technology to be able to travel through space, I think that they are looking for nothing but peaceful encounters and interactions because like I said, if they wanted us gone, we would have been gone a long time ago!”

“That’s so true,” I responded. “It’s almost arrogant of us to think that they’re out to get our planet. Look at the state we’re in…”

“Exactly!” Demi replied. “Why would they want our planet when we’re running it into the ground?”

I then asked for any common misconceptions about UFOs that bothers them, and they reinforced the idea that we need to ditch the negative stereotypes.

“I think the ones that bother me are that they’re harmful or that they’ll come and take over the planet,” they said.

“I really think that if there was anything out there that would want to do that to us, it would have happened by now. But I think that we have to stop calling them aliens because aliens is a derogatory term for anything. That’s why I like to call them ETs! So yeah, that’s a little tidbit. A little information that I learned.”

[Editor’s note: As per Demi’s guidance, we have refrained from using the A-word in this article as it’s an offensive term, no matter who you’re directing it at. It’s ETs, folks. File that away, please!]

So does this mean they no longer gobbles every dick they can get their hands on?

Last edited:
So I have a question that I don't think is super clear. Are people on the left taking this seriously?? Like are you going to refer to Ms. Lovato as "they" now instead of "her" because she said that's the pronoun she prefers?

Because I'm not. This is insanity quite frankly.

So I have a question that I don't think is super clear. Are people on the left taking this seriously?? Like are you going to refer to Ms. Lovato as "they" now instead of "her" because she said that's the pronoun she prefers?

Yes. I know someone well who presents as male but prefers to be called they/them. I slip up sometimes, and they’re fine with it, but they really appreciate that the effort is made. A lot of people refuse, so it means a lot to them when you respect them enough to at least try.

Honestly... I’d feel like a real asshole if I didn’t. If you know someone named Michael who goes by their middle name Andrew instead, and ask you to call them Andrew... why would you still call them Michael?

Absolutely, 100%. If Demi said she they want to change her their name to Darshmitzl Halfenfartz and her their pronoun is which, that would be implemented at that moment.

It just takes practice. You have homework.

_87038301_yellowcard624.jpg

One side of the card lists eight pronouns, from "ey" to "zie," and illustrates how they change depending on their role in a sentence. Instead of "he/she," "him/her," "his/her," "his/hers," and "himself/herself" it would be:
  • "ey," "em," "eir," "eirs," and "eirself", or
  • "zie," "zim," "zir," "zirs," and "zirself"
The other side of the card has fill-in-the-blank sentences to give people an opportunity to practise using the unfamiliar pronouns.

_87038297_prounous_practice976.jpg

Yes. I know someone well who presents as male but prefers to be called they/them. I slip up sometimes, and they’re fine with it, but they really appreciate that the effort is made. A lot of people refuse, so it means a lot to them when you respect them enough to at least try.

Honestly... I’d feel like a real asshole if I didn’t. If you know someone named Michael who goes by their middle name Andrew instead, and ask you to call them Andrew... why would you still call them Michael?
I don’t even care if somebody get my real name wrong.

talk about begging for attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT