ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats losing the early voting in Florida

Don’t they have a magazine that can be fired rapidly?
Not without some type of illegal modification. AR-15 and other types of semi-automatic rifles may look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only one round with each pull of the trigger.

its somewhat similar to the souped up honda civics that are racing around cities like its a fast and furious movie. They don't come stock that way, but if you know what you're doing or have the money/desire you can modify them.

Reactions: INXS83
Not without some type of illegal modification. AR-15 and other types of semi-automatic rifles may look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only one round with each pull of the trigger.
They are very comparable to the M 16.
We can at least agree that those under 21 should be prohibited from owning them. They are the weapon of choice for mass shooters under 21.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
We can at least agree that those under 21 should be prohibited from owning them. They are the weapon of choice for mass shooters under 21.
Let's talk about making the legal adult age 21, then I'm sold. If you're an adult at 18 and can sign contracts, join the military, etc... then I can't come along... if we want to make the legal adult age 21, then I'll stipulate.

Let's talk about making the legal adult age 21, then I'm sold. If you're an adult at 18 and can sign contracts, join the military, etc... then I can't come along... if we want to make the legal adult age 21, then I'll stipulate.

Can we add "gender-affirming care" to this list?

TIA.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Legal adult age at 21 I agree with, however there are pieces of shit in our juvenile justice system that may abuse this.

Idk… it’s hard when you have 30-40 year old men teaching/mentoring these kids into a life of crime. Just sucks, a lot of the incarcerated are just straight up victims of adult manipulation- and they’re no longer fixable.

RE early voting... I think the Rs have learned their lesson and will be participating in early voting at nearly the same rate as dems from now on.

While it's entirely possible Rs could be leading early, I don't expect Rs to gain ground on election day the way they did previously.

RE early voting... I think the Rs have learned their lesson and will be participating in early voting at nearly the same rate as dems from now on.

While it's entirely possible Rs could be leading early, I don't expect Rs to gain ground on election day the way they did previously.
It’s gotta be a lot easier to early vote in person than waiting in long lines on Election Day. I’m not sure I like early reporting of the early voting. It could disenfranchise voters if there’s a sense their vote won’t matter.

Reactions: thewop
said no one ever…
And for good reason... "choice" is just code for "baby murder" to make it sound noble.

You can't run a campaign and rally support around baby murder...it becomes purely an economic argument, which is too cold, albeit pragmatic.

Inserting the word "choice" makes it about empowering women, and anyone who disagrees can be targeted as misogynist, even racist.

The word "choice" also helps dehumanize the baby. After all, who would kill a baby...

I'm supportive of right to abortion up to 16 weeks, but still acknowledge that abortion is killing a baby.

And for good reason... "choice" is just code for "baby murder" to make it sound noble.

You can't run a campaign and rally support around baby murder...it becomes purely an economic argument, which is too cold, albeit pragmatic.

Inserting the word "choice" makes it about empowering women, and anyone who disagrees can be targeted as misogynist, even racist.

The word "choice" also helps dehumanize the baby. After all, who would kill a baby...

I'm supportive of right to abortion up to 16 weeks, but still acknowledge that abortion is killing a baby.
I’d prefer we don’t abort babies as much as possible, but I’m not insensitive to the rare cases of rape and incest that result in pregnancy. I think there could be compromises that most people could agree to that everyone feels like they’ve won… government funded abortions through the first trimester, self pay through the 2nd trimester, and only life of the mother/documented medical reason in the 3rd trimester.

this isn’t a perfect idea but it’s how we used to govern take some good from each side and find a suitable compromise.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewop
If you want messaging, vote GOP. They are ridiculously good at narratives. Even if untrue, Rs have an uncanny knack for messaging.

But if you want results, vote Dem. Democratic states are wealthier than R states and Democratic states are safer than R states.

Clearly voters want the sizzle this year and are happy having the actual steaks stay in the kitchen.
Which of these cities, ranked by violent crime rate, are "R"?

The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  10. Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
  11. Springfield, MO (1,339)
  12. Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  14. San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
  15. Anchorage, AK (1,203)
  16. Nashville, TN (1,138)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  18. New Orleans, LA (1,121)
  19. Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

Cho was 23.

Seung-Hui Cho, an undergraduate student at the university and a U.S. resident who was from South Korea, killed 32 people and wounded 17 others with two semi-automatic pistols.

Cho was 23.

Seung-Hui Cho, an undergraduate student at the university and a U.S. resident who was from South Korea, killed 32 people and wounded 17 others with two semi-automatic pistols.
Remind me again where its legal to mass murder if you’re under 21 regardless of weapon.

I’m curious how many of the mass murders from kids under 21 have been the result of an 18 year old walking into the gun store and legally buying an AR-15? I honestly don’t know.

What a total bullshit argument.

What a total bullshit argument.
No it’s not… kids are either kids or they’re not and they’re adults. I’m fine if you want to keep kids, kids longer. But i wouldn’t stop with ar-15’s, I’d make all gun purchases 21+, alcohol purchases 21+, legal contract age 21+, military 21+, legal age of consent 21+,

I got a flyer in the mail today portraying Rubio in dark tones with blood splatters saying he’s a hard radical against a woman’s choice.
It’s sitting in my recycle bin right now. 😏
The Florida States Dems are holding an emergency meeting tonight.....They have lost "mom" and her vote!! If only I could vote for a politician as brave as Marco!
Ah.....but I do! I get a chance to support Chuck and Joanie!

The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

Nearly all large cities are run by democrats. Greater population density strongly correlates with left-leaning politics.

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

I'm not running this cross-reference but here's a list of top 100 cities with their mayor, and denotes their party. https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_current_mayors_of_the_top_100_cities_in_the_United_States

The answer lies between those 2, and it's still only talking about "rate." At least cities with large populations give a greater chance to have a statistically reliable "rate."

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

All major cities are Dem. All the major cities with the lowest violent crime rate are dem too. So are all the ones in the middle.

How about states (excluding DC because it's also a city) by violent crime rate?

1. Alaska
2. New Mexico
3. Tennesee
4. Arkansas
5. Arizona
6. Louisiana
7. Missouri
8. South Carolina
9. South Dakota
10. Michigan
11. Montana
12. Nevada
13. Oklahoma
14. Alabama
15. Texas

I got a flyer in the mail today portraying Rubio in dark tones with blood splatters saying he’s a hard radical against a woman’s choice.
It’s sitting in my recycle bin right now. 😏
Are the blood spatters from the baby murdered in the abortion? Think about that for a second. Who is the radical here?

All major cities are Dem. All the major cities with the lowest violent crime rate are dem too. So are all the ones in the middle.

How about states (excluding DC because it's also a city) by violent crime rate?

1. Alaska
2. New Mexico
3. Tennesee
4. Arkansas
5. Arizona
6. Louisiana
7. Missouri
8. South Carolina
9. South Dakota
10. Michigan
11. Montana
12. Nevada
13. Oklahoma
14. Alabama
15. Texas

why wouldnt we look at cities? The more micro and specific we can get, the better the data - yea?

why wouldnt we look at cities? The more micro and specific we can get, the better the data - yea?

Might make some sense but the problem is that if you are trying to make a political point it's meaningless because most major cities are Dem run. So all of the most dangerous cities are all dem run yes, but so are all the safest cities and every city in the middle. So no real political point can be made.

It also ignores violent crime in small towns and rural areas and pretends as if it does not happen outside of the cities.

For example even though this is a bit dated a list of the counties with the top 10 highest homocide rates will find several very rural counties with less than 50,000 people in the whole county alongside the counties of some of the most violent cities in America. Just a guess but I'm guessing Republicans dominate in the counties with less than 50,000 people.

Third I will point out that violent crime rate is not affected just by effective policing. It's also affected by the amount of poverty and other social ills. These things are often affected more by state laws than local laws.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT