ADVERTISEMENT

DePauls Coleman-Lands To Iowa State

Who cares?

We've been months without those degenerative sheep fornicators infesting this board with their lame shtick of how great a recruiter Prohm is. Why do you want to invite them to crawl out of the woodwork and come back?

WHO...CARES.

I'm sure, though, this kid will be even better than Halliburton and move Iowa State from a ten-win team to a likely Sweet 16. :rolleyes:

And for the record, many Iowa defenses have made average players look like All-Americans.

A 6th year guy who has battled injuries and is an inefficient offensive player and so so on defense. Should fit right in on this ISU squad.

Reactions: Underscore2
Does this push them to double digit wins next year?

And in case people forgot... Prohm can't coach defense, so they are still a "net negative" compared to who they lost.

Last edited:
He certainly helps. ISU may still struggle, but I feel better about things today than I did a month ago.

He certainly helps. ISU may still struggle, but I feel better about things today than I did a month ago.

A month ago, you had 4 open scholarships and only had 4 guys coming back that had experience playing high major basketball.

It wouldn't take much to feel better about things than you did a month ago.

With your current roster and if Harris can get a waiver, ISU might make the NIT. Might.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
This is funny. So CF needs to go all pay to stay afloat. Meaning they are done. Twins is done. And their best player now was 39 on their offers. So what now? Matty is gone Prohm and Dresser are done. How is “the bear” gonna pay for new football coach?! Lol.

Oh and this “JP” person on CF that has a job of “testifying” he has never done so. According to the Iowa bar and lawyers I know he is like Twins a liar. So they both pay rent (not mortgage) by getting commission from a website that is closing and are trying to pay money. Unreal.

This is funny. So CF needs to go all pay to stay afloat. Meaning they are done. Twins is done. And their best player now was 39 on their offers. So what now? Matty is gone Prohm and Dresser are done. How is “the bear” gonna pay for new football coach?! Lol.
seriously, you have to subscribe to Cyclone Fanatic in order to post any where?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
After last year .500 would be good anything better would be great for them. I don’t see them going .500 till they do it.

I don't understand the hoopla about signing some kid on his third collegiate stop.

There are obviously some "off the court" issues in this situation. I will be surprised if he makes it through the entire season.

Reactions: BBHawk
I don’t know the whole deal on CF and don’t care except what CW said and what I heard which is if they didn’t go to the pay they would be out of business by the end of the summer. I heard the owners wanted to shut it down but CW begged to keep it so went to some premium deal. A small bad-aid on a massive hemorrhage. But was smart to go to premium as the trolls (Twins) there chased all the posters that direction anyway. All the ad people canceled and it wasn’t the virus. It was the total cesspool CW allowed due to his myopic view of posts regardless of how repetitive and embarrassing they were to ISU.

I don’t know the whole deal on CF and don’t care except what CW said and what I heard which is if they didn’t go to the pay they would be out of business by the end of the summer. I heard the owners wanted to shut it down but CW begged to keep it so went to some premium deal. A small bad-aid on a massive hemorrhage. But was smart to go to premium as the trolls (Twins) there chased all the posters that direction anyway. All the ad people canceled and it wasn’t the virus. It was the total cesspool CW allowed due to his myopic view of posts regardless of how repetitive and embarrassing they were to ISU.
There certainly seems to be a definite "plea" to have posters go to the pay site. I agree that the optics appear to be financial danger of going out of business.

The desperation displayed by the MBB fans on the free forums does look like it created some fan interest in ISU athletics. And given how so many people have been confined to home probably increased some traffic on the site. But I also think the recruiting struggles of Matty are turning some fans against ISU because they flat out are sick of getting piss pounded by the Hawks... across the board.

Does he even looks at the programs he commits to? And did he even think what it is going to be like moving from Chicago to Ames? Dude needs to keep a suitcase packed.

Really big get for ISU. He was one of the few bright spots for Depaul & had a few godly games against some really tough competition; won the TTU game strictly off his 3-point shooting & clutch performance.

Kid is someone you want with the ball late in pressure situations. Sad to see him land for the Clowns, but he's gonna ball.

Really big get for ISU. He was one of the few bright spots for Depaul & had a few godly games against some really tough competition; won the TTU game strictly off his 3-point shooting & clutch performance.

Kid is someone you want with the ball late in pressure situations. Sad to see him land for the Clowns, but he's gonna ball.

Lol

Okay.

He's a good role player, a 3 point shooter that can get hot is always good to have. But he should be a 3rd option at best and doesn't really do much on D. If Bolton and/or one or two of the freshmen step up he will fit in well. If he is their first or second option on offense they'll be about the same as this year.

He's a poor man's Peter Jok in all areas.

He's a good role player, a 3 point shooter that can get hot is always good to have. But he should be a 3rd option at best and doesn't really do much on D. If Bolton and/or one or two of the freshmen step up he will fit in well. If he is their first or second option on offense they'll be about the same as this year.

He's a poor man's Peter Jok in all areas.
Not even close to Jok.

He's a poor man's ISU guard - gets hot once or twice a year but sucks the rest of the time.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Not even close to Jok.

He's a poor man's ISU guard - gets hot once or twice a year but sucks the rest of the time.

That's what I meant to convey, he's a shooter that isn't close to as good as Jok and worse in all other facets. Jok I think we can all agree was a shooter, an elite one at that, who was decent in all other areas.

Lands is also a shooter by trade, but an average one who isn't really good at anything else.

Reactions: BBHawk

jw6kF41.gif

I would be surprised if he’s a difference maker. While at Illinois, he reminded me of - blast from the past - a faster Rich McBride who shot a bit worse. He could nail an open three, but he had trouble getting open and defending.

Jack Nunge's birthday is February 20, 1999. He will be a 22 year old sophomore, 23 year old junior, and 24 year old senior.

Patrick McCaffery's birthday is March 20, 2000. He will be a 21 year old freshman, 22 year old sophomore, 23 year old junior, and 24 year old senior.

Jack Nunge's birthday is February 20, 1999. He will be a 22 year old sophomore, 23 year old junior, and 24 year old senior.

Patrick McCaffery's birthday is March 20, 2000. He will be a 21 year old freshman, 22 year old sophomore, 23 year old junior, and 24 year old senior.

All because of missed time due to injury/illness.

This guy is on his 3rd program in 6 seasons.

Reactions: Crazy Hawk

They aren't there yet, are they? Might go pro early;)

As opposed to your Clowns who rarely stick around long enough to have birthdays on campus.

Reactions: And1Hawk

Nunge just turned 21 in what is his RS Soph season. He will be a 22 yr old RS Jr and 23 yr old RS Sr. Even if he gets a waiver for this past year he will still turn 24 during the season, and will be 7 months behind where JCL currently is.

Patrick will turn 24 during his 5th year and be done. JCL is going to be 24 going into his 6th collegiate season. He is 8 months ahead of where Patrick would be.

And as people have mentioned, both missed only one year due to injury, JCL missed one and then chose to sit out one. But good job trying to make it seem "normal".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT