ADVERTISEMENT

Derrick Mitchell Jr. suspended

Apr 8, 2003
IOWA CITY, Iowa - - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Monday that running back Derrick Mitchell, Jr., has been suspended from the Hawkeye football program.

“Derrick has been suspended due to football program and student life code of conduct violation,” said Ferentz. “This is not a legal issue. Derrick is working through the issues at hand in regards to being in good standing as a University of Iowa student. We will follow the established university protocol as we move forward.”

Mitchell is a sophomore and a native of St. Louis, Missouri. He has not seen action in two games this season after seeing limited action in six games as a redshirt freshman in 2014.

Wow. He messed up big.
Well, the good news is Wadley will get another chance. Judging by his reaction after the fumble he knew he messed up and was probably thinking that was it until North Texas.. This will give him another chance.. I'm happy for him!

Heard about this from my friend near the program on Saturday, but hoping it wasn't true. Supposedly a coach drove him back to Iowa City from Ames on Friday night. I would be shocked to ever see him back in black and gold.

Well, the good news is Wadley will get another chance. Judging by his reaction after the fumble he knew he messed up and was probably thinking that was it until North Texas.. This will give him another chance.. I'm happy for him!
Awesome.

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Monday that running back Derrick Mitchell, Jr., has been suspended from the Hawkeye football program.

“Derrick has been suspended due to football program and student life code of conduct violation,” said Ferentz. “This is not a legal issue. Derrick is working through the issues at hand in regards to being in good standing as a University of Iowa student. We will follow the established university protocol as we move forward.”

Mitchell is a sophomore and a native of St. Louis, Missouri. He has not seen action in two games this season after seeing limited action in six games as a redshirt freshman in 2014.
Does not say, working through issues at hand to be in good standing as a student-athlete, only a student at the U of I.
Hmm, things that make you go Hmm in the middle of the night!!!

Heard about this from my friend near the program on Saturday, but hoping it wasn't true. Supposedly a coach drove him back to Iowa City from Ames on Friday night. I would be shocked to ever see him back in black and gold.

haha .. what did your friend say about Sean Welsh? Remember when you announced that Sean Welsh was done with Iowa football?

...... if it is such a shocker to you that Mitchell would ever play for Iowa again, go ahead and spill the beans why you think so.

you're batting somewhere around .000 on your "inside info" Here's your chance to improve your batting average.

Reactions: BuckRussel
If that were the case why did he travel to the game? It's been reported that a staff member drove him home from Ames.

Team could've been informed of a failing grade Friday afternoon after the team left. Not sure on school policy but NCAA might frown on academically ineligible players playing. To play it safe Iowa drove him home.

If we never found out what happened with Marcus Coker, we're not going to find out what happened with Mitchell.

Fun stuff.

That would be my guess too. Wouldn't have driven him back to IC for academic, he just wouldn't have dressed.
This is my thought... I firmly believe something happened on the trip to Ames. Isn't that why they have hired Chig? Maybe he got busted during a "check up"

Why do these dorks keep messing up good things? He may have gotten a chance to show what he's got with Daniels going down, now we may never know. It just amazes me how some of these guys can't stay out of trouble when they have unbelievable opportunities.

Ferentz said "we will follow the established university protocol" in resolution of this matter.

Can anyone share the U of I code of conduct violation protocol?

Why would you say this? It just makes you look even more sleazy than usual. You are "that guy".

Wanna impress everyone? Tell us exactly what it is for then. Maybe you can buy a wee bit of credibility.

Coker was falsely accused by a chick.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg
Falsely? Uh no.

haha .. what did your friend say about Sean Welsh? Remember when you announced that Sean Welsh was done with Iowa football?

...... if it is such a shocker to you that Mitchell would ever play for Iowa again, go ahead and spill the beans why you think so.

you're batting somewhere around .000 on your "inside info" Here's your chance to improve your batting average.
I know you're jealous that the only place you can get inside info is this board since you made no friends in college, unlike me. Welsh was out the door when I posted it. Then his circumstances changed and he returned to the squad. How many times do I have to spell that out for you?

Welsh was out the door when I posted it. Then his circumstances changed and he returned to the squad. How many times do I have to spell that out for you?

Nothing at all changed. That has been established.

Spill the beans on Mitchell or you got nothing (as usual). Anyone can read a day old posts on a message board and post this:

Heard about this from my friend near the program on Saturday

but you added this

I would be shocked to ever see him back in black and gold.

If you would be shocked, what additional information do you have. Or are you waiting to poach published info and claim it as "inside info"? Put up or shut up.

So you had a friend in college - good for you,

Nothing at all changed. That has been established.

Spill the beans on Mitchell or you got nothing (as usual). Anyone can read a day old posts on a message board and post this:

but you added this

If you would be shocked, what additional information do you have. Or are you waiting to poach published info and claim it as "inside info"? Put up or shut up.

So you had a friend in college - good for you,
So you agree that I was right initially when I broke the news on Welsh? Thanks. That means a lot after all your trolling of me.

And please link me the day old posts that reported that info. because I sure didn't see it here. Nor did I look for it. I'm just going off what my connections near the program tell me.

So you agree that I was right initially when I broke the news on Welsh? Thanks. That means a lot after all your trolling of me.

WTF are you talking about - you have been shown to be completely, absolutely wrong about Walsh. You. Were. Wrong. Circumstances did not change. Welsh was on LOA. He did not forfeit his scholarship. He did not quit the team. He was not "done with football". He was an Iowa Hawkeye at the end of last season and at the beginning of this season --and every day in between. At no time was Welsh "out the door", "done with football", "no longer a Hawkeye" or any other variation of that false narrative. Welsh was at Fall camp, He was listed on the roster at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year. Sean Welsh played in the season opener and he played in the game at ISU. He was wearing an Iowa Hawkeye uniform. That was him. He is here. He never quit. He was never "done". He was never finished with Iowa football. It didn't happen. Ever,

Drugs and underage drinking is a legal problem and it is to early for academic ineligibility....only thing that makes sense is cheating on test or assignment or plagerism....speculation obviously but if it's a u of I student conduct issue then it would have to be along those lines

Drugs and underage drinking is a legal problem and it is to early for academic ineligibility....only thing that makes sense is cheating on test or assignment or plagerism....speculation obviously but if it's a u of I student conduct issue then it would have to be along those lines

Me thinks you are overthinking "legal issue." Law enforcement not involved = not a legal issue.

I think I read that there are 21 items in the rules. You mention 2 or 3 here and there could be drinking and drugs. Still leaves about 14-15 left not listed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT