ADVERTISEMENT

Des Moines Menace makes #3 in SportsCenter Top 10 Plays…

#23 looking on and celebrating in that video is now the #1 pick overall in the 2024 MLS Draft…

Any updates when the USL team is going to start play? I am not on social media, but seeing their instagram account it doesnt look line they have had a post in a year.

I started getting into soccer watchng Detroit City FC matches a few years ago, and went to a match last year. Would love to make the trip to des moines when they come to town whenever they get that team running

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Any updates when the USL team is going to start play? I am not on social media, but seeing their instagram account it doesnt look line they have had a post in a year.

I started getting into soccer watchng Detroit City FC matches a few years ago, and went to a match last year. Would love to make the trip to des moines when they come to town whenever they get that team running
I think they put completion of the stadium off until the end of 2024 and then USL in 2025 is last I heard. I do hear costs of the site preparation were greater than they thought. Really hope they get it going soon. I don't like the delay in postings.

Reactions: auntie_fah
I think they put completion of the stadium off until the end of 2024 and then USL in 2025 is last I heard. I do hear costs of the site preparation were greater than they thought. Really hope they get it going soon. I don't like the delay in postings.
@Menace Sockeyes Decided to go to the Iowa Raptors Indoor game tonite. My first one. Pretty entertaining.

Last edited:
@Menace Sockeyes Decided to go to the Iowa Raptors Indoor game tonite. My first one. Pretty entertaining.
I was there too! Right beside the St. Louis fans section above their bench. The game winner in the 4th was former 1984 US Olympic goalie Jamie Swanner’s kid, and the Brazil international indoor vet Almeida killed our young defense in his old age. We have scorers, but lost too much midfield talent to the top MASL.

I was there too! Right beside the St. Louis fans section above their bench. The game winner in the 4th was former 1984 US Olympic goalie Jamie Swanner’s kid, and the Brazil international indoor vet Almeida killed our young defense in his old age. We have scorers, but lost too much midfield talent to the top MASL.
Decided to sit at the end to the goalies left.

Was a pretty back and forth until St Louis started pulling away in the 4th.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Hey @Menace Sockeyes
Is the reason for the constant music playing during game play to drown out any cursing coming from the field? Or what is the purpose of that?

Hey @Menace Sockeyes
Is the reason for the constant music playing during game play to drown out any cursing coming from the field? Or what is the purpose of that?
I think you partly nailed it. That and I think that they’re creating atmosphere that fans typically generate in other parts of the world, but not your typical Midwest families. I’d prefer it in breaks, like hockey. My kids love it though. They rock out to it all game.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT