ADVERTISEMENT

Des Moines public schools football players starting their own league?

More like meeting at the fields and playing like the good ole days.

Applaud the motivation but not really earth shattering news.

Well, that seems to take away one of the reasons for not playing. To keep people from congregating and playing football.
It's going to happen anyway. It would be safer with some school oversight and rules.

Feel terrible for the kids. Des Moines schools been d*cking them around for months. What a sad deal. Just ridiculous that they can't swallow their pride and do the right thing and get kids back into school/activities ASAP

I blame the Governor more than the schools - they could still be playing AND getting an education even if the class room time was less than that of what the seemingly random criteria requires.

I blame the Governor more than the schools - they could still be playing AND getting an education even if the class room time was less than that of what the seemingly random criteria requires.

DMPS is the ONLY district in the entire state which is refusing to abide by state law. Not the governors law.

Blame rests 100% on the DMPS school board.

If there is any district that needs some in person classes it’s Des Moines public. I can only imagine how awful the numbers are of kids participating in the online model.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Online learning is a good short-term (snow days, emergency) option. It is a terrible long-term solution. Heck even the hybrid model where kids are in school 1/2 the time is not good. The online curriculum and delivery are failing our kids.

Feel terrible for the kids. Des Moines schools been d*cking them around for months. What a sad deal. Just ridiculous that they can't swallow their pride and do the right thing and get kids back into school/activities ASAP
Read about the supt and union lead and you’ll have your answer.
Amazing.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki

Bullshit. Over 350 districts complied with the law. Only one didn’t, DMPS. Their leaders are political activists and the athletes in the district are paying for their activism.

The Covid chaos was mishandled by Kimmy last spring. Everything since then is collateral damage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT