ADVERTISEMENT

Des Moines storm (also some Iowa towns of less importance with worse pizza)

lol, it’s just so easy!

No one is saying it is. We fully understand there is a layer of bureaucracy to wade through.

What they are saying is there are some that badly need immediate help in making sure they are out of the elements at the very absolute least. Some water and food would probably be a good idea, too.

I have a hard time understanding that the National Guard doesn't have some sort of field operations type stuff to get a small tent city set up with a basic field kitchen and basic needs medical facilities/porta-potties attached.

ANYTHING helps.

I realize, it takes time. But we're now in day what now. Day 9? Day 10?

I can seriously never understand this train of thought. I mean how far buried into partisan politics must you be in order to think this way?

Take a step back. What is the more reasonable explanation, that there were logistical hurdles to jump through In order to get the proper aid to the area, or that our state leaders, and everyone around them whose job it is to support them, are trying to **** over the citizens who vote for them for no apparent political gain?

I can seriously never understand this train of thought. I mean how far buried into partisan politics must you be in order to think this way?

Take a step back. What is the more reasonable explanation, that there were logistical hurdles to jump through In order to get the proper aid to the area, or that our state leaders, and everyone around them whose job it is to support them, are trying to **** over the citizens who vote for them for no apparent political gain?
It doesn't have to be either - it's simply incompetence.

It wasn't just state, the local (CR) leaders pretty much f#*&ed this up as well. In fact, if it weren't for Beth Malicki, I am not sure where Cedar Rapids would be right now. If she wants to be the next KCRG anchor to move into politics, she has my vote and I don't even care which party she is.

Have you entertained the thought that maybe they just suck at governing?

Have you entertained the thought that maybe they just suck at governing?

Yes. And it seems implausible that an entire group of people assigned to help a particular public office ignored the fact that the process could have moved faster.

I work for a small company and I have a half dozen people and two attorneys that directly try to keep me from messing up.

I wish the city would set up designated dump sites and lift the burn ban. Cleanup is going nowhere if lines at the dump are 2-3 hours, and there are so many properties that could load their curb line up 3+ times over. The city has enough payloaders that one could be at each site to pile things up, and one night a week have a giant weenie roast. Get the local breweries to tap some kegs, food trucks there, make a party of it.

Long story short; being able to burn would be a massive time/space saver.

Reactions: torbee
Are you that bad at your job that you need that many people babysitting you?

Some might say that

others might say that’s impossible for leaders to know or monitor every minute detail and it’s important to not only surround yourself with smart people who aren’t afraid to challenge you, but also have the self awareness to know what you don’t know.

So like the exact opposite of the President.

Reactions: srams21
no, leaders do not know every law and section of iowa code. Now rob sand is blaming the governor for possibly not knowing this exception in the code when HE COULD HAVE JUST TOLD HER and moved the process along.

I don’t know everything, but I also know I don’t know everything. This is why I rely on my colleagues, counsel, and other SME’s to help me make decisions. It appears that our elected auditor, who I voted for, withheld potential advice from the governor so he could spike a political football in a time of crisis.
So, let me get this straight... you think it's ok for Kimmy and/or her associates to not know the process, but it's Rob Sand's fault he called her on it?

Wow, just wow.:rolleyes:

You're just bent because this isn't the first time Sand has had to correct the Gov's office.

Governor Sand kinda has a nice ring to it.

Some might say that

others might say that’s impossible for leaders to know or monitor every minute detail and it’s important to not only surround yourself with smart people who aren’t afraid to challenge you, but also have the self awareness to know what you don’t know.

I think what everyone is saying is if Kim Reynolds could have waived the preliminary damage assessment but didn't because she didn't know, and no one around her knew, someone could call that incompetent or bad leadership

I think what everyone is saying is if Kim Reynolds could have waived the preliminary damage assessment but didn't because she didn't know, and no one around her knew, someone could call that incompetent or bad leadership
But just ask Kimmy how many different brands of vodka there are and she'll have that on the tip of her tongue.

So, let me get this straight... you think it's ok for Kimmy and/or her associates to not know the process, but it's Rob Sand's fault he called her on it?

You're just bent because this isn't the first time Sand has had to correct the Gov's office.

If Sand knew about it, but Kim didn’t, then wouldn’t Sand have a responsibility as State Auditor to approach her on it? If he did, and she ignored him or told him it wouldn’t work, he surely would’ve tweeted about it.

I think he was either willing to let his boss look like a fool so could have a gotcha moment, or he didn’t know either.
But Rob Sand apparently knew. And he’s around her, right?

No, I am saying that they likely followed the appropriate process.

If they weren’t, Rob had at least a moral obligation to help them do it, which he didn’t. Instead he sat on it for political reasons.

If Sand knew about it, but Kim didn’t, then wouldn’t Sand have a responsibility as State Auditor to approach her on it? If he did, and she ignored him or told him it wouldn’t work, he surely would’ve tweeted about it.

I think he was either willing to let his boss look like a fool so could have a gotcha moment, or he didn’t know either.

You're making the assumption that Kimmy runs everything thru Sand before submitting something?

I seriously doubt that happens. Just like the "shady" budget fiasco last year, Sand learns these things when he digs deeper into the paperwork. The old Auditor, Moisman, would either have never found it or kept it hush/hush.

Just accept the fact that KM is corrupt and this will all make sense.

Reactions: hawkbirch

Either way I would call that bad leadership by all government officials. Regardless of which side of the aisle you're on.

Congrats on continuing to contribute to the issues of this country by ignoring reality in favor of partisan hatred. Luckily you are old.

My brother just let me know...an army of Asplundh trucks and Alliant bucket trucks just passed his street and are now working a block away.

The whole block of homes, their owners just spilled out their doors to view the commotion.

9+ days...this is the first they've seen of anything official in their neighborhood.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You're making the assumption that Kimmy runs everything thru Sand before submitting something?

I seriously doubt that happens. Just like the "shady" budget fiasco last year, Sand learns these things when he digs deeper into the paperwork. The old Auditor, Moisman, would either have never found it or kept it hush/hush.

Just accept the fact that KM is corrupt and this will all make sense.
No, I’m assuming that Sand had the opportunity, over the course of nearly a week, to speak up with Kim. Again, if he was ignored, we would know; there’s no way he’d let it slide. So either he was ignorant or negligent, making him no better than Reynolds.

Congrats on continuing to contribute to the issues of this country by ignoring reality in favor of partisan hatred. Luckily you are old.
What is it that keeps you from admitting the Iowa Governor has botched so much in 2020?

It's kind of comical that a few posters here think the Iowa State Auditor wields so much power. You REALLY think Kimmy runs stuff by him first?

She MIGHT run stuff by Tom Miller, but that would be about it. I do sense she is intimidated by Sand, though.

Had power for 45 minutes and iiiiiiiitttttt’s gone. Wonder how long this will be.

Some might say that

Its why Reagan was successful in what he wanted to do and Trump hasn't been.

Reactions: L. Wade Childress
What is it that keeps you from admitting the Iowa Governor has botched so much in 2020?

It's kind of comical that a few posters here think the Iowa State Auditor wields so much power. You REALLY think Kimmy runs stuff by him first?

She MIGHT run stuff by Tom Miller, but that would be about it. I do sense she is intimidated by Sand, though.

because I live in reality with 99% of other Iowans.

Yes cost me $2800 yesterday to have it fixed...
Who did you have do it? Unless you live out in the country, and had to rerun triplex to barns and other structures, there is almost no reason it should really come even close to that. There’s been reports of price gouging by some electrical companies. “Wire One” being one of the main ones. There are multiple reports that they are charging $3000-$3500 for redoing the service. They are also using people who are unlicensed to do the work. On average it should only be $1000-$1500 on the top end. BTW I am a licensed electrician.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Reclassified winds between 120-140 mph based on damage done. Equivalent up to EF3 tornado and category 4 hurricane.

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT