ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis has edge over Trump in national GOP presidential poll

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Fake news, I'm sure:

Former president Donald Trump, who’s had a rather rocky stretch since announcing his 2024 White House bid in mid-November, now finds himself in unfamiliar territory: trailing in a national poll of Republican presidential primary voters.
A Yahoo News/YouGov poll released this week shows Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) with a slight lead in a hypothetical 2024 matchup with Trump among registered voters who are Republicans or Republican leaners. Among that group, 47 percent say they would vote for DeSantis, while 42 percent would vote for Trump if those were the two candidates in their state’s primary or caucus.
In mid-October, Trump led DeSantis among that group, 45 percent to 36 percent.
In a more crowded field, DeSantis also holds his own.
When offered a choice of nine potential candidates, 35 percent of Republican voters pick Trump, compared to 33 percent for DeSantis — a finding well within the poll’s margin of error.
Trump has faced several rounds of negative headlines over the past several weeks: for hosting at his Mar-a-Lago estate far-right activist Nick Fuentes and hip-hop artist Ye, who has made antisemitic comments; for calling for the “termination” of the Constitution so he could be reinstalled to power and for watching his endorsed candidate, Republican Herschel Walker, lose the Georgia Senate runoff.

He’s having an “intimate dinner party” this weekend in Miami for some of his most ardent and deep pocketed supporters.
Trump will be sitting at home in Mar a Lago. His “campaign” has failed to launch. 😬👏

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Now that it looks like the Dems best hope for a Biden re-election(Trump as R nominee) is literally flaming out, the next narrative is to paint DeSantis as Trump Jr. Good work Team Blue member.

I'm waiting for Saint Liz to throw her hat into the ring, and see her promptly relabeled as a right wing whore....

Now that it looks like the Dems best hope for a Biden re-election(Trump as R nominee) is literally flaming out, the next narrative is to paint DeSantis as Trump Jr. Good work Team Blue member.
Exactly right. The Rs could nominate Abraham Lincoln in 2024 and the Libs would still come with the knives. They really need to convince Joe not to run in 2024 as step 1 though. They know he is past the "best used by" date. I still think someone will primary Joe even if he decides to run. Another reason Iowa and NH slide down the pecking order though. SC is a safe first stepping stone for Joe.

Exactly right. The Rs could nominate Abraham Lincoln in 2024 and the Libs would still come with the knives. They really need to convince Joe not to run in 2024 as step 1 though. They know he is past the "best used by" date. I still think someone will primary Joe even if he decides to run. Another reason Iowa and NH slide down the pecking order though. SC is a safe first stepping stone for Joe.

Lol at the thought Lincoln would be a republican in 2024.

Seems correct,.. Ron just needs to keep biting his tongue and allow Trump to flame out.
"flame out" LOL That lands somewhere betwen wishful thinking and profound delusion..

Ron would be smart to let Trump fume…say more stupid shit. Don’t engage him…

Ignoring him would drive him
bat shit…
Yep. Except most of the gop base are foaming at the mouth rubes who love Trump and his antics. They aren't going to suddenly wise up and switch to desantis. Who frankly promotes the same terrible policies.

I'm all for it. This version of the Republican party needs to implode.

Seems correct,.. Ron just needs to keep biting his tongue and allow Trump to flame out.

Trump's not going to flame out...he might go down in flames, but he'll take ANY GOP candidate down with him

Now we need the democrats to charge Trump so that Ron has a clear path.

Casey is going to make such a wonderful First Lady. So elegant and beautiful
I believe Trump and Desantis will make a back room deal
Trump backs Desantis and Desantis promises to pardon him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT