ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis, Once a ‘No’ on Storm Aid, Petitions a President He’s Bashed

LOL.

It's the people's money. Taxpayers gave that money to the government.

Nothing wrong with getting some of it back.
Northern’s feeling saucy today with that take! 90% of the board below:

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

There's a Florida relief package being voted on in congress?

If not....how is this comparable? I don't think DeSantis was against FEMA relief for New York....he was against the package put before Congress. He was wrong to vote against it IMO...but current situation isn't exactly comparable.
Words matter, one word , NO, proved DeSantis a hypocrite. hope he remembers that. I have no problem giving Florida 2/3 of what they want.

Last edited:
It's not,.. DeSantis was in favor of relief for New York, but he was against congress spending the money without identifying where it was coming from,.. Seems reasonable, and I would expect nothing less with any relief for Florida.
And, you have a link, or a video of DeSantis demanding that any dollar coming from DC is properly identified and offset with a saving or cut somewhere else?

Look who returned from a long vacation. Welcome back. I do have to say that it seems like you never left.
Appreciate the welcome, I missed the boards a bit. Actually went through a spiritual experience abroad and just got back in the country last week.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
And....his state lost a ton of magic last week. None or tremendously expensively costly insurance availability on property. 18% of the damaged or destroyed homes were insured.

To rebuild it will be with massive structure requirements or a repeat is ensured. The building codes for future construction will be nearly prohibitive if there is insurability.

Florida is in deep shit. It's ridden the sweet ride too long and the dog caught the car. The pristine canal-ways and rows of cookie cutter homes with manicured lawns have saturated the counties with relocated northerners trading cold winters for tropics humidity and no state income taxes. Now, it's difficult for me to sympathize. It's not like warning signs haven't been posted.

This adds a little bit more perspective on his vote

What is your point? Bizness as usual, not clean and on point, but as usual.

And....his state lost a ton of magic last week. None or tremendously expensively costly insurance availability on property. 18% of the damaged or destroyed homes were insured.

To rebuild it will be with massive structure requirements or a repeat is ensured. The building codes for future construction will be nearly prohibitive if there is insurability.

Florida is in deep shit. It's ridden the sweet ride too long and the dog caught the car. The pristine canal-ways and rows of cookie cutter homes with manicured lawns have saturated the counties with relocated northerners trading cold winters for tropics humidity and no state income taxes. Now, it's difficult for me to sympathize. It's not like warning signs haven't been posted.
Don’t tax me, bro.
This will come back to haunt the transplants. Don’t want to fund services, rebuild your own dream home.

I get your points, and they are valid, but at the end of the day people want to live where it’s warm year round and by the water. They will rebuild, I guarantee you that.

And, you have a link, or a video of DeSantis demanding that any dollar coming from DC is properly identified and offset with a saving or cut somewhere else?
Any cuts should be on FL's dime. Why should I have to bail them out?

This adds a little bit more perspective on his vote

Oh just go eff yourselves. Republicans controlled the freaking House of Representatives back in 2013 so Republicans had to approve the final bill, this was just DeSantis playing his usual asshole and sociopathic games.

And an individual Congress person is NEVER going to get exactly what they want on any legislation, and that does not give them any excuse or phucking "perspective" excuse when their publicity whore stunt comes back to bite them later in their political career when they're Governor of a State that's going to be repeatedly bailed out by taxpayers after natural disasters.

Eff you people. go to effing hell.

LOL at all the people opposing student loan relief who are gonna be supporting a big federal bail out for Ron in Florida.

Reactions: lucas80
Oh just go eff yourselves. Republicans controlled the freaking House of Representatives back in 2013 so Republicans had to approve the final bill, this was just DeSantis playing his usual asshole and sociopathic games.

And an individual Congress person is NEVER going to get exactly what they want on any legislation, and that does not give them any excuse or phucking "perspective" excuse when their publicity whore stunt comes back to bite them later in their political career when they're Governor of a State that's going to be repeatedly bailed out by taxpayers after natural disasters.

Eff you people. go to effing hell.

LOL at all the people opposing student loan relief who are gonna be supporting a big federal bail out for Ron in Florida.

He's a creep. Florida deserves their politicians if they vote for them.

ADVERTISEMENT