ADVERTISEMENT

Desantis vows Florida will continue to use millions in taxpayer money to transport migrants to democratic cities

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis defended flying migrant families to Martha's Vineyard this week and said he plans to spend millions that Florida has budgeted to continue the controversial practice.

Driving the news: "These are just the beginning efforts," DeSantis said, per CNN. "We've got an infrastructure in place now. There's going to be a lot more that's happening."
  • Florida has set aside $12 million to relocate migrants from the state. DeSantis said Friday he would use "every penny" of the money "to protect Florida." The money covered the cost of buses and will cover "likely more" flights, DeSantis said, per CNN.
Earlier this week, DeSantis said he used taxpayer dollars to organize flights from Texas for 50 Venezuelan migrants to Martha's Vineyard, the wealthy enclave about 90 miles outside of Boston.

Nothing says you're serious about an issue like pulling a stunt but having no real list of demands.
Biden caused the largest spike at the border in two decades by allowing Title 42 to expire and put an end to the “stay in Mexico” asylum protocol. My guess is any stunt is a response to ending both of those policies that most Americans supported.

I’d say Biden’s actions prove he’s not serious about the issue of border security at all.

Biden caused the largest spike at the border in two decades by allowing Title 42 to expire and put an end to the “stay in Mexico” asylum protocol. My guess is any stunt is a response to ending both of those policies that most Americans supported.

I’d say Biden’s actions prove he’s not serious about the issue of border security at all.
Biden Biden Biden. Biden didn't do this. DeSantis did. If I work as a medical transporter and start sending patients to the wrong hospital, I better have a damn good reason for doing so beyond me simply being unhappy at my work.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
Biden Biden Biden. Biden didn't do this. DeSantis did. If I work as a medical transporter and start sending patients to the wrong hospital, I better have a damn good reason for doing so beyond me simply being unhappy at my work.
Yes. DeSantis is pulling the bullshit stunt. Why are you ignoring what the stunt is most likely a response to? Because you don’t want to acknowledge this administration wants nothing to do with a secure border. Their actions/ inactions prove it.

Yes. DeSantis is pulling the bullshit stunt. Why are you ignoring what the stunt is most likely a response to? Because you don’t want to acknowledge this administration wants nothing to do with a secure border. Their actions/ inactions prove it.
It’s a response to falling poll numbers because Republicans support abortion. If you think anything else you are a rube.

It’s a response to falling poll numbers because Republicans support abortion. If you think anything else you are a rube.
You’re an idiot if you think the people who stopped GOP support because of their abortion stance are gonna be swayed back with the Martha’s Vineyard crap.

Reactions: SIXERS24
From what I have read, he spent $600,000 to charter a couple of planes to move 48 immigrants. Almost $13k per person! Could've bought them Greyhound tickets for two hundred bucks.
I guess Republicans are not worried about government waste any more.

Good, Death has the money to handle any and all hurricane damage should it occur in Florida.

Why is Brandon spending millions of taxpayer dollars to transport illegals to Florida? Last time I checked Florida doesn't share a border with Mexico.

Desanus spent Florida money to fly thise folks from TEXAS to Massachusetts.
A few weeks ago, he he said they hadnt started busing people out of Florida because the State was only seeing a trickle of immigrants coming into the State.

Desanus spent Florida money to fly thise folks from TEXAS to Massachusetts.
A few weeks ago, he he said they hadnt started busing people out of Florida because the State was only seeing a trickle of immigrants coming into the State.
Good. Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California shouldn't be the only states enjoying these wonderful dreamers.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis defended flying migrant families to Martha's Vineyard this week and said he plans to spend millions that Florida has budgeted to continue the controversial practice.

Driving the news: "These are just the beginning efforts," DeSantis said, per CNN. "We've got an infrastructure in place now. There's going to be a lot more that's happening."
  • Florida has set aside $12 million to relocate migrants from the state. DeSantis said Friday he would use "every penny" of the money "to protect Florida." The money covered the cost of buses and will cover "likely more" flights, DeSantis said, per CNN.
Earlier this week, DeSantis said he used taxpayer dollars to organize flights from Texas for 50 Venezuelan migrants to Martha's Vineyard, the wealthy enclave about 90 miles outside of Boston.
Who does the agri work in Fla? Boatloads of illegals from islands? I don't know. . but somebody does this work.

Why is Brandon spending millions of taxpayer dollars to transport illegals to Florida? Last time I checked Florida doesn't share a border with Mexico.

The lack of outrage is likely based on the fact that the federal government relocating illegal immigrants has become a common practice that was used while Trump was in office. These flights are handled by HHS and all logistical components are shared with destination points.

State governments taking up the same practice of moving illegal migrants from their home state to a state that has proclaimed they would be a sanctuary would, IMO, be ok if these governors would act like grown men doing a job versus petulant children.

Create a plan, list occupants, send details to all relevant local, state, and federal agencies, and then proceed with the movement of migrants. Really not that difficult a task to formulate. That is not what is desired though, from these governors, they are looking to create talking points, get on TV, and own the libs while scoring points with their base.

The border has been an issue for years and no one ever comes up with sustainable practices to change the situation.
Why in the hell would someone blame a POTUS for the border, they need to look at their Reps and Senators to create a law that will address what is and has been a major problem for years.

It is tiresome that this country has become a place where all political arguments devolve into us vs them fights with political stunts attached versus a desire to address issues.

Trump moving migrants

Another day and I still don't know exactly what DeSantis is demanding happen after these stunts. At this point it seems like he is just doing them because he can.

ADVERTISEMENT