ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis...what is it with this guy?

Just insert stupid for neoliberal and you are accurate. Hard to believe, we are in this spot in history. We have an employee that just texted she just paid rent for a house that she'll be starving in. This inflation mess is really painful for wonderful people. 😢
Sounds like this employee has made some really dumb life choices…..

Some people’s “morality” leads them to think that beating a child within an inch of their life is wrong. Damn that projection anyway you know?
Lol, you are really bad at the internet. JFC, what a leap in logic.

So now you're conflating actual physical abuse with taking a child to a pride day event. And I'm the one projecting? Sheesh.

I’m not conflating anything and you (hopefully) know that. You just can’t or won’t admit it.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Anyone who has a problem with DeSantis on this one needs to do some serious soul searching.

Some of you people truly amaze me.
So what goes on in drag shows like the ones being discussed here.? Men have been dressing up and pretending to be women in shows for ages. Wasn't there some soldiers doing this South Pacific? Recently saw an old movie in which POWs did this when they were allowed to (River Kwai).. Obviously I haven't seen a modern drag show though have seen photos of drag queens.

Reactions: goldmom
I find it sad that the leftists on this board are so desperate to find fault with Desantis that they feel the need to support children's right to attend drag shows.o_O

• Haha
She is a great human being that did not have the chance to college. Parents were poor and had several children.
Yeah, that may be true, but if she literally can’t afford to buy food because of her rent…..well that’s poor planning.

So what goes on in drag shows like the ones being discussed here.? Men have been dressing up and pretending to be women in shows for ages. Wasn't there some soldiers doing this South Pacific? Recently saw an old movie in which POWs did this when they were allowed to (River Kwai).. Obviously I haven't seen a modern drag show though have seen photos of drag queens.
Did it show all the children in the audience? 🤔
I enjoyed the scene in South Pacific with the grass skirts and coconut bras. The skit didn’t center on full time drag queens though.
I also loved To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar. Patrick Swayze carried it off like a champ.

Did it show all the children in the audience? 🤔
I enjoyed the scene in South Pacific with the grass skirts and coconut bras. The skit didn’t center on full time drag queens though.
I also loved To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar. Patrick Swayze carried it off like a champ.
Thanks for replying BUT not answering my question about content of modern drag shows.

dothey

I'm actually a really big fan of Desantis.:)
JZJ.gif

This is where these gop leaders have fooled you. Many are Harvard educated. They are not morons. They know how to throw red meat to get the intended results. While the left is busy distracted by this they do something with the other hand.
A couple of the stupidest people I ever met were Harvard educated. Any idiot can become "Harvard educated." All you need is a big checkbook.

This isn't difficult. The general principles about Big Government in the GOP is two-fold:
A) Prohibition or regulation of those with means from externalizing their costs onto others or society at large (the public) is bad Big Government.
B) Wielding Big Government in any way possible to distract their supporters from principle A is expedient.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
How is this a real thing? Firstly, these drag shows are about entertainment, theatre, and pageantry. They aren't about getting naked. You know how much time and money these performers put in costumes and padding? Taking it all off destroys that illusion.

Secondly, conservatives are supposed to be about small government. This is the opposite of that. It's taking a non problem and using big government to finding a fictional solution.

That DeSantis proposed this is embarrassing, petty, and shows his inability to lead.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
How is this a real thing? Firstly, these drag shows are about entertainment, theatre, and pageantry. They aren't about getting naked. You know how much time and money these performers put in costumes and padding? Taking it all off destroys that illusion.

Secondly, conservatives are supposed to be about small government. This is the opposite of that. It's taking a non problem and using big government to finding a fictional solution.

That DeSantis proposed this is embarrassing, petty, and shows his inability to lead.

I find it sad that the leftists on this board are so desperate to find fault with Desantis that they feel the need to support children's right to attend drag shows.o_O
Where do you think the parents of the Patriot Front dudes went wrong? Too many drag shows for them?

Just insert stupid for neoliberal and you are accurate. Hard to believe, we are in this spot in history. We have an employee that just texted she just paid rent for a house that she'll be starving in. This inflation mess is really painful for wonderful people. 😢
If you find this hard to believe that we are “in this spot in history” then you have not studied history much.

How is passing a law to protect children about big government?

We all agree CPS needs to get involved to save a kid in certain situations. Parents that take their kids to orgies, for example. The only disagreement is where to draw the line. Drag shows might not be on the other side of the line, but they are on the spectrum of irresponsible parental behavior to be sure.
This is obviously just my opinion, but I think it’s irresponsible parental behavior to have a young child, let’s say 9 or under, to go out and kill an animal with a high powered weapon. That seems dangerous to me, I’d never allow that, just like I’d never go to a drag show with a kid. That’s my choice and it should stay my choice, the fn government needs to stay out of it!

This is obviously just my opinion, but I think it’s irresponsible parental behavior to have a young child, let’s say 9 or under, to go out and kill an animal with a high powered weapon. That seems dangerous to me, I’d never allow that, just like I’d never go to a drag show with a kid. That’s my choice and it should stay my choice, the fn government needs to stay out of it!
But drag show people are icky and gun people aren’t icky.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
ADVERTISEMENT