ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto to Iowa

This is why I never count the Hawks out until they are mathematically eliminated. They are serious. Next year just got more exciting.
It’s sorta funny. I often note that hawks are attitudinally like the Yankees, both for better and worse. Now it’s like the days of old where they’d draft/develop an occasional player but for the most part just relied on the St. Louis Browns to be their farm system. Free agency is the new model I suppose.

Reactions: sambud
Huh, I assume you meant stacked? 149 thins out considerably and we will be in a wait and see approach with 141 guys possibly moving up and freshman fitting in.

Here is the "proven" list at 149:

1-Kolodzik-Highest returning placer-3rd. Also, took 7th at 141 the year prior, as a freshman.
2-Leeth-1st time AA-6th as a junior.
3-Lewallen-1st time AA-8th as a sophomore. May not even be the guy at 149 next year.
4-Hayes-R12 in his first try, missed out the year before due to injury.
5-Oliver-2X AA but R12 last year. Transferring, so not sure what to expect.
6-Thomsen-R12 last year and AA-6th as a freshman the year before.
7-Degan-R12 for ISU as a freshman
8-Lugo-R12 as a freshman and 1-2 as a soph. Pinned Kolodzik last year while redshirting.

Rumors have Ashnault moving up to 149 and M. Jordan may possibly be back down to 149. PSU has either Verkleeren or Berge coming into this weight.

Exactly what guy in this list would you favor over Lugo?
Thorn is going up to 49. AA-8 2017 @ 41

712.gif
"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it."

I did not see it for sure, But will Desanto have to sit a year for transferring??

https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...-now-that-the-zain-train-has-left-the-station

Like I said Stacked and many could miss the stand. Flo thinks Lugo will finish 5th. I sure hope so. Heck I think he could even do higher, but with that field it is possible he and many other good wrestlers miss he stand.

That is "stacked" to you? The article says nothing of note different than what I did. I would say 149 will be the thinnest weight of 2019, excepting 197 and 285, by a significant margin.

For comparison

125:
Lee
Suriano(may move up)
Lizak(may move up)
Picc or Fix
Rivera
Moisey
Lamont
Russell
Schram
Hayes
Fausz
Millhof
Mattin

133:
Gross
Micic
Wilson
Pletcher
Brock/Fix
Bridges
Erneste
McKee
DeSanto
Mueller

141:
Yianni
McKenna
Eierman
Lee
Red
Perry
Gfeller/Brock
Zacherl
Smith
Alber
Turk/Murin

149:See above

157:
Nolf
Hidlay
Berger
Kemerer
Pantaleo
Jordan(may move down to 149)
Shields
Fox
Van Brill
Monday

165:
Joseph
Wick
Marstellar
McFadden
Marinelli
Rogers/Joe Smith(rumored)
Chavez
Massa
Steiert
White
Valencia
Ashworth
Campbell

174:
Valencia
Hall
Amine
Lewis
Kutler
Jacobe Smith/Rogers
Lujan
Lydy
Womack
Hughes

184:
Nickal
Martin
Parker
Venz
Zavatsky
Dean
Ness
Preisch
Reenan
Geer
Wilcke

197:
Conel
Moore
Holschlag
Darmstadt
Rasheed
Warner
Weiler

285:
Dhesi(probably not coming back)
Stoll
Steveson(may not redshirt)
Hemida
Singletary
White
Wood
Hall
Miller
Haines

With all due respect, and I mean that with all due respect, “Please tell me this is a little tongue in cheek” sorta speaks for itself, methinks.
Dude, the post you quoted was on the board for over 12 hours with almost 40 likes, and yes you didn't get it, it went over your head.

Drop the shovel.

Fyi you can google what that means so you don't respond about another thing going over your head

125: 1. Lee 2. Stickley
133: 1. DeSanto 2. Glynn.
141: 1. Turk/Murin. 2. Murin/Turk
149: 1. Lugo. 2. Happel
157: 1. Kemerer 2. Glosser
165: 1. Marinelli. 2. Moody 3. Brands
174: 1. Gunther/Young. 2. Young/Gunther. 3. Myles Wilson
184: 1. Wilcke/Bowman. 2. Bowman/Wilcke
197. 1. Warner. 2. Cook/Holloway
Hwt. 1. Stoll. 2. Costello. 3. Cassioppi.

I’ll take this team to challenge PSU to the end. Gavin Teasdale who?
Lee vs Rivera toss up
Desanto vs Valdivez. Toss up
Thomas vs Murin toss up
Deakin by a few points
Marinelli major
Bull major
Sebastian decision
Jesson vs Warner. Iowa
Zach Kohonis toss up
Jennings vs Still. Iowa.

I got it Iowa 22- 18. Just dreamin

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Lee vs Rivera toss up
Thomas vs Murin toss up
Deakin by a few points
Marinelli major
Bull major
Sebastian decision
Jesson vs Warner. Iowa
Zach Kohonis toss up
Jennings vs Still. Iowa.

I got it Iowa 22- 18. Just dreamin

Who would you have winning between Marinelli and Bull?

[QUOTE="Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan, post: 5349086, member: 14686"]Lee vs Rivera toss up
Thomas vs Murin toss up
Deakin by a few points
Marinelli major
Bull major
Sebastian decision
Jesson vs Warner. Iowa
Zach Kohonis toss up
Jennings vs Still. Iowa.

I got it Iowa 22- 18. Just dreamin[/QUOTE]

Gotta ask...is Lee wrestling with a blindfold on? One arm tied behind his back? Will he be spun around 50 times to make him dizzy and then start the match while he is still disoriented? What?

I am really curious here...what is going to be done to Lee to make this a tossup? Don't leave us hanging like that man. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dude, the post you quoted was on the board for over 12 hours with almost 40 likes, and yes you didn't get it, it went over your head.

Drop the shovel.

Fyi you can google what that means so you don't respond about another thing going over your head
Ah yes. “Likes” — the truth-currency of the intellectually and socially needy.

Reactions: Dagboi
Paul is welcome to come back this year and take DeSanto out. If Paul made that kind of leap, than Iowa fans would support him or whoever takes over 133...as long as its someone who is a threat to AA and give us some points at nationals.

Glynn isnt that far off from being pretty good...just needs to finish his shots and be a little tougher at times...if AD moves to 141 someday I still think Glynn could be an AA at 33...

Me: "Serious, NO ONE?"
MitchL:
" "
Me: "Razzle Dazzle buddy!"
One thing Thorn can say when his wrestling days are over... "I helped to end J Robinson's coaching career"! Whether he was injured or just no longer had the drive, Eggum did him no favors in the pre season last year when he told the press that Thorn was "at another level".

This Desanto transfer has Hawk rivals, primarily ISU and Minnesota, making snarky comments about the coaches. I suspect they realize that his talent makes the Hawks a better team. We'll see what happens, but AD will have many positive influences around him during his days in Iowa City.

ADVERTISEMENT