ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto vs RBY

I agree. Go upper body. Leg attacks won't work. All RBY is doing is waiting to counter a leg attack by Austin. Ditch the leg attack and try something else. Get him uncomfortable. He is using Austin's pressure against him. If you watch the Bull against Hamiti this time, he (Bull) was trying to go upper body multiple times and Hamiti would bail out every time. Desanto is stronger than RBY, but not quicker. Use your strength to your advantage. What does he have to lose!? Make him uncomfortable. How many guys have you seen RBY go upper body with. He won't want to be there. That bail out is an obvious stall.

Desanto unlikely to defeat Bravo-Young. Bravo-Young has been able to get into Desanto's mind. You can see it in Desanto's face.

Desanto moves straight forward, creating very few angles. Bravo Young has shown that straight forward attack will not work. Bravo-Young has greeeeattt hips and buries the head. And he seems to control the mat with effective movement. Desanto shows little/no effective aggression vs Bravo-Young.

Hats off to Bravo-Young, he is wrestling with great confidence. At this point in his career Desanto does not appear up to the task.

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Austin was noticeably bigger than rby. I know it’s not the size of the dog in the fight plus rby is very good. He’s figured something out. He glided out of singles against ragusin reminded me of Vincenzo Joseph in that match. Those hips are something. Austin and co need to change it up. He controls the whole match until rby does just enough. Frustrating. I think his best chance is to go for broke or ride the piss out of him like seabass did and gain a point then stall, unfortunately.
I'd like to see Cass or Bull teach him a good body lock and see him throw RBY on his arse.

It's a takedown. That's why RBY started on top after they restarted rather than them starting neutral. It's a new rule that was added a few years ago and I think it's generally a decent rule. Jesse Delgado might not have won a single championship if the rule was in place back then.
The rule was created because of Jesse Delgado. I am 100% convinced it doesn't happen without him.

Gave you a like, but only because of the Better off Dead reference.

better-off-dead-car-race.gif

Do we anticipate seeding at NCAA’s to be

1 RBY
2 Fix
3 Desanto ??

or could Mcgee from ASU slot in ahead of him? Which is more favorable for Desanto?
Anything is possible, but I don't think 3 or 4 will make a difference. If ADS wants it he's going to have to take it whether in the semis or the final. And to your question I think both RBY and Fix are equally challenging based on my limited exposure to matches. As slick as RBY is and as much as I don't like Fix, I think Fix will take it if it comes down to the two of them. Hopefully that won't happen and ADS will be in the finals.

Also to clarify on the danger rule, it's not really "hold him on his back". It's a 3 swipe count once a wrestler is past 90 degrees. Where as back points are rewarded when you get a wrestler past 45 degrees.

I agree. Go upper body. Leg attacks won't work. All RBY is doing is waiting to counter a leg attack by Austin. Ditch the leg attack and try something else. Get him uncomfortable. He is using Austin's pressure against him. If you watch the Bull against Hamiti this time, he (Bull) was trying to go upper body multiple times and Hamiti would bail out every time. Desanto is stronger than RBY, but not quicker. Use your strength to your advantage. What does he have to lose!? Make him uncomfortable. How many guys have you seen RBY go upper body with. He won't want to be there. That bail out is an obvious stall.
The way RBY rag dolled him on that danger call for the TD doesn't suggest to me that Austin is stronger............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT