ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Desmond Hutson in the transfer portal

If I recall correctly his parents used to visit this board occasionally. If you're still here, I wish you and your son the best of luck, and he shines wherever he ends up next.
Agreed. Don't blame guys who decide they want to have a path to the field. Best of luck to him in his future. Seems like he'll be a success wherever he goes.

According to CyTwit this is just because everyone hates Copeland or the race issue is getting worse.

Just have to ignore Johnson and Bruce.

Reactions: HawkGem10
Agree with everybody here, and it opens another scholarship opportunity for OL, in case that's the biggest need through transfer portal at this time...

According to CyTwit this is just because everyone hates Copeland or the race issue is getting worse.

For much of the season, the Hawks had been practicing with 6 top guys at WR ... which is on the "high side" given our O. Those guys being Johnson, Ragaini, Bruce, Jones, Tracy, and Ritter. If you're not among the top 6 ... then you're definitely in the outside looking in.

When you add to the mix that Brecht is "on deck" ... and that Vines has been giving himself the opportunity to earn trust through special teams ... it makes things increasingly an "uphill" climb.

Seriously?! I get trolling Iowa is his thing, but first he downplayed pedophilia and now he’s speaking on behalf of black people? Yikes. This season has broken him.

Seriously?! I get trolling Iowa is his thing, but first he downplayed pedophilia and now he’s speaking on behalf of black people? Yikes. This season has broken him.
It amazes me how much Iowa dominates the consciousness of the isu fan base, players, coaches and administrators. They obsess as much about Iowa as they do isu.

Must be that 5 star culture they are always chirping about.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Oh man... I hope this kid goes on to do great things. I know a few of his teachers down here in KC and they rave about this kids attitude. Sounds and seems like a stand up young man.
Yep, sorry to see another KC Hawk going elsewhere. Just a sign of the times now. Not seeing the field, move on. The problem for these kids is this is going on EVERYWHERE. Something like a 1000 kids hit the portal last year. With all this musical chairs, you'd think you'd be better off sticking somewhere, but I get it, the grass is always greener..

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Dang. I really liked his sideline demeanor. I was really hoping that he would stick it out. I think the writing is on the wall for almost all our upperclassmen wrs.

So, in these cases, do they leave the team or will he still suit up? My first inclination is that they leave but shudak was in the portal a few years ago and I think there is a benefit if there is an injury for both the player and the team to suit up, if the attitude is right.

Him going insane on the sidelines against ISU during Hankins' 2nd pick is a fun visual. You can tell he's a great teammate.
Yep this right there was what I was thinking. Also thing thing I saw showed how he was a really well liked guy on the team. Because in fall camp had a camera set up asking questions about teammates coming into the locker room. One of them was who was the funniest guy on the team. I remember his name came up a lot. Hope he finds success at his next school.

For much of the season, the Hawks had been practicing with 6 top guys at WR ... which is on the "high side" given our O. Those guys being Johnson, Ragaini, Bruce, Jones, Tracy, and Ritter. If you're not among the top 6 ... then you're definitely in the outside looking in.

When you add to the mix that Brecht is "on deck" ... and that Vines has been giving himself the opportunity to earn trust through special teams ... it makes things increasingly an "uphill" climb.
Brecht is oft injured.

So, in these cases, do they leave the team or will he still suit up? My first inclination is that they leave but shudak was in the portal a few years ago and I think there is a benefit if there is an injury for both the player and the team to suit up, if the attitude is right.
As far as I’m aware, he’s still eligible to play with the team. Some guys enter the portal and don’t go anywhere in the end. This stuff most typically happens after the season, but I wonder if this ties into the early signing day at all - not so much that he’d be signing, but that teams might want to know that he’s available if they’re interested in recruiting him.

I would be fine with Desmond staying four years, doing his best on the practice field and in the classroom, and getting his degree. He would represent Iowa in a way to make us proud of him.

At the same time I understand athletes want to play, especially at that level. Whatever school lands Hutson will be fortunate to have him.

Reactions: Thunderlips71

Very nice comment. Let's just throw the race card out there to see if it sticks:confused:

As far as I’m aware, he’s still eligible to play with the team. Some guys enter the portal and don’t go anywhere in the end. This stuff most typically happens after the season, but I wonder if this ties into the early signing day at all - not so much that he’d be signing, but that teams might want to know that he’s available if they’re interested in recruiting him.
Yes, he could still be with the team. Nixon and Shudak were both in it and stayed-and-played. But they played AFTER making decision to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT