ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond King...

TonyTheTiger.1865

HR All-American
Sep 23, 2011
It is interesting that after not being able to see the field for the Chargers, he is the starting CB for the division leading Titans. I think the Chargers coach is letting his personnel grudges cloud his judgment. I suspect the Chargers coach will get fired this off season.

Or it could be that the Chargers had two former pro bowlers starting at CB.

Reactions: mlb1399
It is interesting that after not being able to see the field for the Chargers, he is the starting CB for the division leading Titans. I think the Chargers coach is letting his personnel grudges cloud his judgment. I suspect the Chargers coach will get fired this off season.

Well the Titans D has not been stellar this season and in particular their defensive backfield.

Racist post.

Desmond is also a pro-bowler, and a damn good PR. Lynn was letting him languish on the sidelines.
He'll be one of the first three coaches fired. See Lions and Jets. Take a guess how many 4th quarter leads his team has lost and then eventually the game. He made some bizarre decisions Sunday in a tough to watch game.

The chargers sure are not playing like they have 2 pro bowlers at the corners. And it still doesn't explain why Desmond could not even sniff the 2 deeps with the chargers.
He did, but yes there was definitely a rift between King and the staff.

It was similar to Xavier Rhodes in Minnesota, though King wasn't playing as bad as Rhodes was at the time.

Rhodes is now having a productive season with the Colts stout defense (at least this season), after not getting along with Mike Zimmer and constantly dealing with minor injuries in Minnesota.

King had similar issues with the Chargers staff and a change of scenery is typically what the doctor ordered.

I do expect the HC for LA to be gone at season's end because of his Dan Quinn-esque way of losing games late and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: littlez
The Chargers coach should have been fired last year. No team under performs more with that level of talent. Should be the top destination for coaches looking

He also wasn't seeing any time as the the third CB. So that excuse doesn't hold water.

It does when their 3rd corner, Michael Davis, is rated as the #21 corner in the NFL per PFF with a 72.0 coverage grade.

The Chargers coach should have been fired last year. No team under performs more with that level of talent. Should be the top destination for coaches looking

And when Phillip Rivers decided to leave or it was mutually agreed to part ways, you know it’s not a good situation since Rivers is doing pretty good at Indy.

D King should of gone the route of keeping internal by requesting more playing time then a trade unless he did, was shot down then went public via Twitter. He is on a better coached team and with Hooker again as the free safety. It has worked out well for King since he left San Diego with playing more and a great benefit in fewer taxes since there is no state income tax in Tennessee too. I call that a win win.

They need to get Fouts and that Coryell guy back. Talk about having talent and kind of not making it to the very top. Seems like history repeats there.

King’s attitude had a little more to do with him not playing than his talent. He’s not the first, and won’t be the last, guy that bounces from team to team for his talent that eventually wears thin because his character comes through

• Haha
Reactions: David1979
King’s attitude had a little more to do with him not playing than his talent. He’s not the first, and won’t be the last, guy that bounces from team to team for his talent that eventually wears thin because his character comes through
I've never heard of any complaints about King's attitude throughout his college or pro career until this season when he wasn't getting playing time. Everything I've ever heard of him is about how great of a person and how grounded he is. Do you have specific examples of attitude beyond just the twitter complaint about playing time?

I'm just pissed the Packers didn't trade a 6th away for him. They gave away a 4th to draft a backup QB, so who cares about a 6th.

Reactions: Frosty7130
The chargers sure are not playing like they have 2 pro bowlers at the corners. And it still doesn't explain why Desmond could not even sniff the 2 deeps with the chargers.
They have a top 10 rated pass defense and the Titans are 28th. Plus are they running the same defense? Some corners do better in man press versus cover 2.

I've never heard of any complaints about King's attitude throughout his college or pro career until this season when he wasn't getting playing time. Everything I've ever heard of him is about how great of a person and how grounded he is. Do you have specific examples of attitude beyond just the twitter complaint about playing time?

I vaguely remember King introducing politics into sport when he was at Iowa, though I can’t remember specifics

Either way, you don’t take to twitter to criticize a coach who by everything I can tell is a fundamentally-sound coach with a lack of talent on the roster. A lot of things go on behind the scenes of a professional team that never come to the surface and if it walks like a duck and quacks like one........he wasn’t on the bench because there were better players on the roster. A smarter individual would have kept his mouth shut, hit free agency like he undoubtedly would have, taken a 1 year deal, and then cashed in

Besides being an awful HC all around ... holding grudges is probably what Lynn does best. King, Melvin Gordon (tho not to the same extent), and Herbert. Wierd loyalty to certain players as well.
The faster he’s gone the better. Time for the Bolts to chase Eric B

I vaguely remember King introducing politics into sport when he was at Iowa, though I can’t remember specifics

Either way, you don’t take to twitter to criticize a coach who by everything I can tell is a fundamentally-sound coach with a lack of talent on the roster. A lot of things go on behind the scenes of a professional team that never come to the surface and if it walks like a duck and quacks like one........he wasn’t on the bench because there were better players on the roster. A smarter individual would have kept his mouth shut, hit free agency like he undoubtedly would have, taken a 1 year deal, and then cashed in
Honestly, it sounds like you’re just making shit up. I’ve never heard anyone say anything bad about King or his attitude. Did he make a dumb tweet? Sure. But that should have no impact on playing time and a good coach sits down with the player and discusses that instead of putting him in detention.

The Chargers deserve everything that comes their way for f'ing over San Diego.
Correct !!! They deserve what they get!! The owner of the Chargers is a tool! My son lives in Sand Diego County( Carlsbad). The city did everything to keep the team there, including 500 million from the NFL!! The owner said NO. The president of my sons company lives in the same neighborhood as Philip Rivers. The QB wasn’t happy with the move to LA either! Lots to all this. Rivets is in Indy and the team is tanking. Let it tank, the owner still doesn’t care. He knows he can sell the franchise for a couple billion in the LA market.
That’s why I’ve taken a knee to the NFL. No biggy! Just some facts on the Chargers shitshow. ( and the NFL shitshow.).

Reactions: grayhair81
The only thing I've ever heard about King and politics is that it's rumored he asked Kirk about possibly kneeling in 2016. They discussed it with the team, and decided that whatever they did, they'd want to do it as a group, so voted not to. I'd say he handled that situation pretty well, considering he accepted the team vote and moved on.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
He did, but yes there was definitely a rift between King and the staff.

It was similar to Xavier Rhodes in Minnesota, though King wasn't playing as bad as Rhodes was at the time.

Rhodes is now having a productive season with the Colts stout defense (at least this season), after not getting along with Mike Zimmer and constantly dealing with minor injuries in Minnesota.

King had similar issues with the Chargers staff and a change of scenery is typically what the doctor ordered.

I do expect the HC for LA to be gone at season's end because of his Dan Quinn-esque way of losing games late and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rhodes was absolutely terrible in his last year with the Vikings, but still started when he wasn't injured, didn't he? I'm glad for him that he turned things around.

Rhodes was absolutely terrible in his last year with the Vikings, but still started when he wasn't injured, didn't he? I'm glad for him that he turned things around.
He was a decent NFL CB, certainly wasn't playing to the level he was getting paid. It also didn't help he faked being hurt almost every time he got burnt because he thought it made it look less bad.

But somehow.. I still wish he was in Minn. Our CBs suck.

He was a decent NFL CB, certainly wasn't playing to the level he was getting paid. It also didn't help he faked being hurt almost every time he got burnt because he thought it made it look less bad.

Seems similar to dalvin cook somehow getting hurt everytime he fumbles but then being back a couple plays later, obviously except when he tore his acl.

Correct !!! They deserve what they get!! The owner of the Chargers is a tool! My son lives in Sand Diego County( Carlsbad). The city did everything to keep the team there, including 500 million from the NFL!! The owner said NO. The president of my sons company lives in the same neighborhood as Philip Rivers. The QB wasn’t happy with the move to LA either! Lots to all this. Rivets is in Indy and the team is tanking. Let it tank, the owner still doesn’t care. He knows he can sell the franchise for a couple billion in the LA market.
That’s why I’ve taken a knee to the NFL. No biggy! Just some facts on the Chargers shitshow. ( and the NFL shitshow.).

San Diego supported that team. They had good attendance over the years and San Diego is a truly unique place, especially compared to the third-world sewer LA is. But it all came down to the city guaranteeing to pay for a new stadium. Stupid greed. LA will chew them up and spit them out like they have every other team that has called that shithole home.

Well, there's potential with some of the younger guys (who got no rookie OTAs), but yes overall they are no bueno.........

And I am still salty that Minnesota missed on Jaylen Johnson, who went to Chicago.

Please take a knee to the NFL and don’t come back Pahawk. Rivers isn’t taking the Colts anywhere at his age. Go wave your Trump flag at a parade somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT