ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Hogan Leading Candidate for Iowa's QB Prospect in Swarm20

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
We found out today that one recruiting analyst believes Iowa is the Leader to land Deuce Hogan's services as a QB in the 2020 recruiting class. Between this forecast and the several positive comments Hogan has said about Iowa, Hogan is looking like the QB for Swarm20. Of course, alot can change.

Hogan still has 2 full years left to play at Faith Christian in Grapevine, Texas. Assuming Hogan improves on his stellar sophomore year, He'll will be a highly rated and much sought after QB in 2020. In 2017 he threw for 2716 yards and 29 td's. In his freshman season he had 23 td passes. This kid is a talented student of the game.
Looks like we got in early on this guy and made a very good impression not only then but early on during his own study of college programs that fit his style of play. Already a 5.7 on rivals he should move up to about a 5.9 or 6.0 if his proficiency continues to rise. Landing him would more than make up for the lackluster QB recruiting effort in 2019, and the landing of such an unqualified and unrated prospect in 2019.

I’m all for getting Hogan he seems really interested and would be a good one but man you really that against who we got in Padilla? Unqualified? Coaches like him so I’ll take it. It’s june the kid could blow up later on. He’s a guy that we got on campus and liked could have a great senior season and we could be saying man I’m glad we got him earlier. We got our guy in June instead of December. If Hogan were to end up here and turns out to be really good what’s it matter who we got this class anyway cause he should jump him even it was Blazek, the kid who went to minny, or anyone else right?

I’m all for getting Hogan he seems really interested and would be a good one but man you really that against who we got in Padilla? Unqualified? Coaches like him so I’ll take it. It’s june the kid could blow up later on. He’s a guy that we got on campus and liked could have a great senior season and we could be saying man I’m glad we got him earlier. We got our guy in June instead of December. If Hogan were to end up here and turns out to be really good what’s it matter who we got this class anyway cause he should jump him even it was Blazek, the kid who went to minny, or anyone else right?
I'm not serious about that Padilla stuff I wrote. I like the kid alot and think he is a great pickup for us at QB. I'm just needling all the folks who actually are negative about Padilla. I think its possible Padilla surprises some people and even if he doesn't he will still be quality depth if needed down the road.

I'm not serious about that Padilla stuff I wrote. I like the kid alot and think he is a great pickup for us at QB. I'm just needling all the folks who actually are negative about Padilla. I think its possible Padilla surprises some people and even if he doesn't he will still be quality depth if needed down the road.

Oh my bad. Haha I think he will be just fine and I like him as well. But sign me up for Hogan too! Hopefully the positive things he said after his visit hold true and he is the first to join the 20 class and soon!

Reactions: Harbinger273
From Grapevine, if his jr & sr season blow up, what is the keep schools like A&M and Austin U (aka UTex) swooping in and offering. Hopefully, he is that solid on Iowa. Like what happened for Iowa the last time Iowa had a qb from Texas.

From Grapevine, if his jr & sr season blow up, what is the keep schools like A&M and Austin U (aka UTex) swooping in and offering. Hopefully, he is that solid on Iowa. Like what happened for Iowa the last time Iowa had a qb from Texas.

Just an fyi the last QB recruit we got from Texas is currently on the team.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Very likely to land other high level offers over the next few years. He will get offers and we will see how things stand, unless he decides to join up with Swarm20 real soon here. I too would like to see a prolific texas qb return to the Hawks ranks! Hogan is real deal holyfield!

I can't think that far ahead. Too much can happen between a kid's junior season and when he actually signs the dotted line ... I'm interested in recruiting ... but it also exerts a lot of mental energy. I know it's the name of the game now to try and woo kids in 8th, 9th, 10th grade ... I'm glad I am not a college coach.

I see there was a new qb offer for 2021 to Athan Kaliakmanis. I'm trying to find out more about his performance as a freshman. I see he has a VT offer which is pretty serious at his age. Dual threat QB.

If he verbals great, but until he has signed on the dotted line nothing is certain. I seem to remember Jack Beneventi as a highly rated QB prospect with all of the physical tools never panning out.

If he verbals great, but until he has signed on the dotted line nothing is certain. I seem to remember Jack Beneventi as a highly rated QB prospect with all of the physical tools never panning out.
I think the coaches ended up rescinding Beneventi's offer after a poor senior season. Seem to remember hearing he ended up being second string on his HS team

Reactions: funnyfletcher
I think the coaches ended up rescinding Beneventi's offer after a poor senior season. Seem to remember hearing he ended up being second string on his HS team
He signed with Western Illinois, I have no idea if he is still playing or not.

No reason for that, but why anyone gets so pumped about a junior verballing at this point is beyond me. Iowa has lost too many of these kids with early verbals.

My point is it's okay to get excited about great verbals at this point, knowing full well they may never sign. Also, I hate pessimists. See the bright side of things, makes life a whole lot more enjoyable.

I get the feeling Hogan is the real deal and not in danger of regressing the way Beneventi did. Hogan is going to keep getting better and show everyone here why he was recruited.

No reason for that, but why anyone gets so pumped about a junior verballing at this point is beyond me. Iowa has lost too many of these kids with early verbals.

Would you be happier if he verbals somewhere else? I think the majority of us realize the pitfalls involved in recruiting. This kid seems to have a special feeling about Iowa. So until we know something contrary to that I'm going to be happy about his verbal.

ADVERTISEMENT