ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Hogan practice cut ups.

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Not that I really care that Deuce is gone, but I thought these were interesting, mostly because we never really get to see any live 7 on 7 or all 22 practice film. Deuce definitely has a big arm, and he did look pretty good slinging it in these cut ups.

The 3rd clip shows the defense clearly going half-speed.

I wish Deuce the best, but I guarantee you could make just as impressive practice cut-ups of either Petras or Padilla. This also doesn't take into account which unit Deuce is working with, whether it's 7-on-7 or full team, what coverage the D is working on, what defense they're scouting as, etc. They film EVERYTHING they do at practice.

He did look pretty good. I'd love to see what our current QB's look like doing those same drills.
It's the best highlights from non-contact practice condensed into 2:30. We aren't seeing every play, nor should we. I would guess if you took the best 2:30 of any QB throwing over the past 2-3 years we would think that person is the next Brady. The talent of Hogan is there. I don't think anyone disputes that. But are we honestly thinking that if he looked better than Padilla or Petras, they wouldn't have played him?

The talent of Hogan is there. I don't think anyone disputes that. But are we honestly thinking that if he looked better than Padilla or Petras, they wouldn't have played him?
KF chose McCann to split time with future Heisman Trophy runner-up Brad Banks.

KF chose Christensen over Stanzi.

KF chose Rudock over CJ Beathard.

KF chose Petras over Padilla and Hogan.

So the facts would seem to suggest it is at least possible that, yes, even if Hogan looked better than Padilla or Petras, KF would not have played him. The record on that is pretty clear. KF knows nothing about QBs, and he's done nothing to suggest he ever will. IMHO, of course.

So the facts would seem to suggest it is at least possible that, yes, even if Hogan looked better than Padilla or Petras, KF would not have played him. The record on that is pretty clear. KF knows nothing about QBs, and he's done nothing to suggest he ever will. IMHO, of course.
False, false and false.

He played both McCann and Banks in 2001. McCann was better when he played. KF turned the reins over to Banks for the entire Wisconsin second half that year and he shat the bed. Wasn't ready.
DIdn't choose Christensen over Stanzi. He replaced Christensen with Stanzi in 2008 after Christensen started every game in 2007.
He chose Beathard over 2014 season when Rudock had slightly better stats in 2014.

False, false and false.

He played both McCann and Banks in 2001. McCann was better when he played. KF turned the reins over to Banks for the entire Wisconsin second half that year and he shat the bed. Wasn't ready.
DIdn't choose Christensen over Stanzi. He replaced Christensen with Stanzi in 2008 after Christensen started every game in 2007.
He chose Beathard over 2014 season when Rudock had slightly better stats in 2014.
Banks outplayed McCann in that game and against Michigan. Wisconsin was up 2 TDs after 2 McCann 3 and outs and we ended up losing by 6. Banks getting benched in the Michigan game for stepping out of bounds early was such a joke when McCann did not give us the best chance to win.

Can we combine all of the cry baby, bellyaching, misguided, and meaningless threads about how horrible our coaches are at playing the best QB, into one thread, so all of the “fans” who have nothing to do but complain, can have a place to safely stroke each other?
Please?
I thought those circle-jerk threads were only for the kneepad wearing KF\BF appreciation crowd?

Not that I really care that Deuce is gone, but I thought these were interesting, mostly because we never really get to see any live 7 on 7 or all 22 practice film. Deuce definitely has a big arm, and he did look pretty good slinging it in these cut ups.

i prefer the throws into the dirt, the throws behind the receivers and the overthrows to wide open receivers

to each their own, i guess

Reactions: BigAssTurkeyLeg
i prefer the throws into the dirt, the throws behind the receivers and the overthrows to wide open receivers

to each their own, i guess
And not to discount your preferences but throwing passes with no one blowing through our O-line to lite you up when you're trying to check several different WR's is a bit different than throwing to one receiver in a pattern with a shadow DB.

Not a fan of Petras' numbers either but if you think this is comparable to real game situations none of you have a clue. Would be interesting to know what really took place that led to the fallout. Wish him the best where ever he goes.

Wrong

Ummmmmm this is strange anecdotal data. Every scenario previously presented shows a younger player passing up the current starter. Not sure you can argue KF won't play a better QB and bench the starter with these examples.

You know what really bothers me? I have posted on here a few times about Deuce Hogan because he's transferred to UK and I wanted to know more about him. I got on YouTube earlier and there were Deuce Hogan highlights in my suggested viewing links. Grrrr google, get out of my mind.

Bank's performance his first year did not tell you the kind of year he'd have in 2002. That's just plain revisionist. And he did choose CJ which is why Ruddock left.

Oh, yay. We’ve already got our first “All-American QB on the bench” thread of the season.
No we’ve already got our starting future All-American QB in #7 - problem is we as fans are just being impatient.

Things will really fall into place in year 4 or 5. Patience folks; SP will settle those feet down and surpass that oh-so-evasive 60% marker one of these years.

Patience. Development. Loyalty.

Patience. Development. Loyalty.

Can’t expect a guy to figure things out this fast.

Oh, and by the way…..SPs mom reads stuff. Be nice. #Iowanice

Side note: Nobody wants a guy like Caleb Williams anyway - wouldn’t fit in the culture.

Yep, and I recall at one of the coaching clinics that KOK (with drew tate and others standing there ) asked the QB's how many snaps under center they took in HS, they all responded "zero" and KOK replied "maybe I should be looking at little closer at their film if that's the case".

Brad Banks HIMSELF has said that he wasn’t ready for the starting job in 2001. Yet, idiots want to knock Ferentz about McCann starting that year to this day.
No different than people thinking kittle wasuunder utilized
That said, it odd how kfs only transfer QB was banks and he doesn't seem to work very hard at reeling in another.

ADVERTISEMENT