ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce is done with Twitter. Feels its a distraction.

Historically all players must stop using Twitter as soon as they arrive on campus.
We know KF lifted the ban...supposedly for a few days.
Nothing new about stopping using Twitter once you arrive on campus.

Uh. Wondering if there might be something more interesting to discuss these days ... other than a player who's choosing NOT to do something.

giphy.gif

Historically all players must stop using Twitter as soon as they arrive on campus.
We know KF lifted the ban...supposedly for a few days.
Nothing new about stopping using Twitter once you arrive on campus.

I’m pretty sure the Twitter ban is completely abolished now.

Reactions: Franisdaman
“I am going to quote this tweet with a draft declaration.”

He’s already saying he’s leaving after 3 years and going to be the best Iowa QB of all time. Nice.
With Iowa's luck historically, he'll probably transfer before that because he doesn't get playing time, and goes on to be a starter at another D1 program...............of course that's just based on Iowa's stellar Class 5 roller coaster history, especially with someone as confident as Duece.

;)

Right. Kirk said something to the effect that he now thinks it was a stupid policy. It doesn't sound like he plans to go back. But who knows. If players start saying stupid/inflammatory things, maybe some limits go up.
I kinda think it takes up time the kids could be using in better ways, once school starts.

Reactions: mariner67
For a variety of reasons, Deuce is a player that, if he doesn't live up to the hype, is most likely to have the very vocal portion of the Hawkeye fan base turn against him. If he turns into a religious version of Jake Christensen, he'll be a pariah to that segment of Hawkeye Nation.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
For a variety of reasons, Deuce is a player that, if he doesn't live up to the hype, is most likely to have the very vocal portion of the Hawkeye fan base turn against him. If he turns into a religious version of Jake Christensen, he'll be a pariah to that segment of Hawkeye Nation.
My buddies and I were talking about this, if he backs up all the talk he will be an all time favorite....if he doesn’t he’s going to be the punch line of jokes for years....

Reactions: HawkPT
If everybody quit twitter what would journalist do? They'd have no source of material

Clever, except, of course, that journalism has been around a tad longer than Twitter.

I'm goin' out on a limb here by quoting Thomas Jefferson: "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

Amen.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
Clever, except, of course, that journalism has been around a tad longer than Twitter.

I'm goin' out on a limb here by quoting Thomas Jefferson: "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

Amen.

I'm sure this will start an unintended brawl:D, but I wholeheartedly believe the "newspapers" Tommy J meant aren't the vast majority of "journalists" today. The amount of actual journalists, you can count on one persons fingers, whereas the rest are propagandists.

“I am going to quote this tweet with a draft declaration.”

He’s already saying he’s leaving after 3 years and going to be the best Iowa QB of all time. Nice.

He probably won't get a chance to start until 2023 though, unless Petras isn't who we think he is or he leaves before his eligibility is exhausted or Deuce becomes the 2nd coming of Chuck Long.

1. I wish the WH would do the same
  2. Maybe I’m too old (being born in the 1900’s and all), but I really don’t get Twitter. I like it from a News now standpoint, but too many people posting their feelings. I don’t give an eff about your feelings.
Thanks for coming here to give your feelings about twitter.

:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT