ADVERTISEMENT

Developing: Active shooter situation underway at hospital in Goldsboro, officials say. (WNCN)

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006

GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — Wayne County authorities said there was an active shooter situation underway Sunday night at a hospital in Goldsboro.

The incident was reported at 8:17 p.m. at Wayne UNC Health Care at 2700 Wayne Memorial Drive, according to Joel Gillie, spokesman for Wayne County.

Goldsboro police and the Wayne County Sheriff's Office are at the scene, Gillie said.

Gillie said at 9:10 p.m. that the incident was still underway.

Derek Burress, a county commissioner is neighboring Greene County, released a short statement on Twitter at 9:02 p.m. about the incident.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who were impacted by the Wayne Memorial Hospital incident," the statement said along with a file photo of the hospital.

There were no other details available.

It's going to keep happening until they get the guns banned. This will be the rallying cry for the summer.

• Haha
Reactions: Rooster31
Appears to be single victim and likely a domestic violence issue. Not tyring to make the situation any less important. Less hotheads with guns would probably be as beneficial as less psycopaths with guns.

When I was younger I loved the Highlander movie. For those who haven't seen it, churches are sacred ground and the characters are sworn to a code that they can't fight there. I always thought hospitals should be sacred ground when it comes to violence. We help anyone we can without regard for the reason why they are injured. That should be respected by all.

It's going to keep happening until they get the guns banned. This will be the rallying cry for the summer.
I don’t see many people calling for all guns to be banned. Just better regulation and common sense steps to end the slaughter. The financial costs of gun violence in America are staggering. That is something that should be a rallying cry.

Reactions: BelemNole
Appears to be single victim and likely a domestic violence issue. Not tyring to make the situation any less important. Less hotheads with guns would probably be as beneficial as less psycopaths with guns.

When I was younger I loved the Highlander movie. For those who haven't seen it, churches are sacred ground and the characters are sworn to a code that they can't fight there. I always thought hospitals should be sacred ground when it comes to violence. We help anyone we can without regard for the reason why they are injured. That should be respected by all.
I found out the hard way that working in a hospital is not safe at all even in Scottsdale Arizona

Too many People can’t be trusted with guns. Definitely need many guns banned.

the same can be said about legalizing drugs. The ridiculous homeless situation shows people wouldn’t be able to handle that either.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Too many People can’t be trusted with guns. Definitely need many guns banned.

the same can be said about legalizing drugs. The ridiculous homeless situation shows people wouldn’t be able to handle that either.
Hate to agree with your second point but I want to be consistent. Your first point is spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT