ADVERTISEMENT

Development at Alabama vs Iowa

With the college play off system expanding to 12 teams, he will be in the mix to play for a National championship at Iowa or Bama should they not win the conference. Hell, you can say that from game 1 of the season through game 12 or 13 if you make the conference championship game. Win that and you will get a chance to make the play offs and possibly face Alabama or go in as a wild card team, still with a chance.

And it’s not like Iowa isn’t getting good to great olinemen, look at last years class, all 4 star guys from tackle to tackle. How the center recruit, Matt Mylinski didn’t get a 4th star is beyond me.

Reactions: grhawk
For any Facebook heathen like myself, there is a group I'm part of called Dude Dads. Proctor's dad has been posting in there documenting the visits with all of the photo shoots.

He made a comment that Proctor has a clear top two, but did not give any hint as to what those schools were.

I just saw the picture of him standing with a Super Bowl champion, starting left tackle in the NFL and all I can say is, WOW.. 😳 I thought TW was his little brother for a second.. he just looks like he’d be quite a get for not only Iowa but for any school..

These are photos from Kadyn Proctor's visit yesterday.

And look who was in town!!! ;)

E4sle0HWUAIROrE

E4slfCIWYAgIgp2

E4slfSsXEAECmV6

E4slffzWYAEFIpV

I think we have a better than even shot here with KP. He could become a legend at Iowa as opposed to Bama where he would be just another good player. Don't give up hope yet.

Reactions: Franisdaman
While the development into NFL argument might work against some schools, Alabama is by far and away the NFL factory when it comes to every position aside from TEs and QBs (until the past 2 years).

I would not fault Proctor for going to Bama at all. Steel sharpens steel. He might be behind another 5* for a year, but he'll be practicing against those guys and not some random walk-on from small town Iowa.

I'd love for him to choose Iowa, but let's not act like we're the mightiest NFL development program. Lots of kids would kill to be able to play for a national championship, and every single class of Saban's has. It's a bit ridiculous tbh.
Do you really believe he wouldn't be practicing against high level talent at Iowa? Both schools have the same amount of scholarships to offer and Iowa's line play, on both sides of the ball, isn't exactly lower level. That won't be the reason he won't come to Iowa.

Reactions: WSC72
I have a good friend/business associate out here who is a huge Bama fan. He has gone to many bowl games. He told me of. Sabin bringing a recruit into his office and asked the recruit if they showed him a lot of good stuff at Auburn. Recruit said yeah. Then said did they show you “this”? And he laid out 5 National Championship Rings on his desk.
Kid went to Alabama.

Growing up an Iowa fan.... I'd tell Sabin to shove all 5 rings up his @$$. ;)

Reactions: Franisdaman
Do you really believe he wouldn't be practicing against high level talent at Iowa? Both schools have the same amount of scholarships to offer and Iowa's line play, on both sides of the ball, isn't exactly lower level. That won't be the reason he won't come to Iowa.

I agree with you that He would go against high level talent at Iowa to some extent, just not as high a level as he would at Alabama.

This would be especially true if it were a 1 v 2 situation. If he was on 1st team the 2 he would go against at Alabama should be significantly better than a 2 at Iowa. The same would hold true if he were a 2 or 3 going against the first unit.

The only advantage Iowa has vs bama is the local factor. Ant football related priorities & goals lean to bama. If academics are a priority, ND, NW, Standford, Purdue, OSU, etc all gain an advantage (depending on area of interest of course)

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Highschool friends wont be going to Alabama to see their buddy play...........it's too far.

playing for the National Championship at Iowa would be much greater than playing for one at Alabama.
Sure, but let's be entirely honest, what's the chances of that ever happening ? First - and entirely possible is winning the B1G West and getting past Wisky. That's doable. But then the B1G death star - OSU - awaits in the championship game. Good luck with that

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Also I’m sure Alabama is chirping in his ear about the Wirfs thing.
I read an article awhile back - 2 or 3 years ago - I believe maybe ESPN - that said that the upper tier teams like Bama, OSU, Clemson etc.... don't use negative recruiting against other teams that much - they don't have to. They just point to their success and also putting players in the NFL. Negative recruiting can backfire - and often does - especially with the more intelligent recruits and especially their parents. It can come across as jealousy

Sure, but let's be entirely honest, what's the chances of that ever happening ? First - and entirely possible is winning the B1G West and getting past Wisky. That's doable. But then the B1G death star - OSU - awaits in the championship game. Good luck with that
Ohio State is NOT unbeatable.

Ohio State is NOT unbeatable.
Agree 100%. But if you look at their B1G losses in the last decade (Iowa, Purdue, MSU), it usually happens in a big upset - when it seems they're looking past an opponent. Just think that doesn't happen in a B1G championship game. Day still hasn't lost a regular season or B1G game as HC of OSU. Plus, if you look at their recruiting the last 2 to 3 years under Day, their roster is even more stacked now than it was under Meyer which I thought impossible when Day took over. But you are correct, no team is unbeatable - even Alabama - although they're a long, long shot at best

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck2427
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT