ADVERTISEMENT

DHS chief: If you knew what I knew about terror, you’d ‘never leave the house’

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.

“I was telling [Fox host] Steve [Doocy] on the way in here, if he knew what I knew about terrorism, he’d never leave the house in the morning,” Kelly said on “Fox & Friends.”

He noted there were four major terror attacks in the last week — in England, Egypt, the Philippines and Indonesia — "by generally the same groups."

“It’s everywhere. It’s constant. It’s nonstop. The good news for us in America is we have amazing people protecting us every day. But it can happen here almost anytime.”

Masked gunmen opened fire on a group of Coptic Christians driving to a monastery in southern Egypt on Friday, killing 26 and injuring 25 more.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi reportedly called an emergency meeting after the attack in Minya Province.

The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria claimed responsibility for a Monday bombing after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, that killed 22 and injured more than 100.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...oud-never-leave-the-house-with-my-terror-info

I bet he wishes he could state it differently. I think there's stuff going on we'll never know about that's been prevented or stopped, which I'm glad about.
It's naive not to think that's a distinct possibility.

Reactions: Brune
That's why we should have ignored the AIDS epidemic.......................because more people were dying in car crashes every day.:rolleyes:

Who said anything about ignoring anything? So tell us james...if this guy is so smart...did you leave your house today? Will you tomorrow - knowing that HE knows something? What do you think he could possibly tell you about terrorism that would create in you such a panic that you would cower in your home? Answer those questions if you don't mind.

So when are you booking your beachfront vacation in Somalia?

Nope, no reason to go there. If I did, I would go without hesitation or fear.

I do have a reason to go to some other countries that have had issues recently. No reason to worry about those either.

Republicans are such pussies. And these fat ass dudes own guns too.

If the President knows about it we'll all know about it soon enough, shortly after the Russians do.

As much as you drink, if you are a pilot, got help those unfortunate passengers you kill some day.
Working tomorrow. I'll post you a photo from upfront at cruise. What should I write?

You realize one of these days a terrorist network is going to set off a dirty bomb in a large city. It's a real threat so why don't we stop trivializing the threat.

And because that's a possibility, I shouldn't want to leave my house? Stop defending this inane statement from the guy tasked with keeping us safe. Say it with me, "What a dumb thing for him to say."

Reactions: srams21
Include the front page of tomorrow's USA TODAY on the dashboard.
Well to fair I don't pay for USA Today's and the last one was Friday (weekend edition). I could get one on Monday, free from hotels.

And because that's a possibility, I shouldn't want to leave my house? Stop defending this inane statement from the guy tasked with keeping us safe. Say it with me, "What a dumb thing for him to say."

I replied to you, not the statement. What you said was dumb as well.

I replied to you, not the statement. What you said was dumb as well.

Ahhhhh....how so? I wasn't "trivializing" anything.

BTW, the greatest danger from a "dirty bomb" is the kind of panic you would sew with your fear-mongering. The blast to disperse the material is the only thing that would kill people...or really even harm them. Sorry, but fearing a "dirty bomb" is...well...dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT