ADVERTISEMENT

Did Anyone on Game of Thrones Ever Say . . . ? (And what do you thiink about House of the Dragon?)

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
. . . "Talk to the Hand"?

Kudos to them if they went the entire 7 seasons without yielding to that temptation.

Meanwhile, what do HROTters think of House of the Dragon? I was disappointed at first, but thought it picked up after the time frame shifted.

I don’t think so.
House of the Dragon is fun, it’s too bad that we’re 2 years our from a second season. Had some momentum built. If you want to know what happens in the dance of dragons watch game of thrones when Joffrey is giving Margaery a tour of the castle.

I don’t think so.
House of the Dragon is fun, it’s too bad that we’re 2 years our from a second season. Had some momentum built. If you want to know what happens in the dance of dragons watch game of thrones when Joffrey is giving Margaery a tour of the castle.
Two years??! Ouch.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this series is based on George RR Martin's pseudo history textbook - not a novel.

I don't know if the same GoT crew is doing HoD, but the GoT folks were brilliant when they were working directly from Martin's novels. Sure they had to cut things out, and they occasionally changed something. But they got most of it right, and even surpassed the novel in a couple of cases. I would point to the couple of episodes when Daenerys acquired her army of Unsullied, for example.

Unfortunately, when they ran out of books, the show seemed to go down hill. Not awful, but disappointing.

Which makes me wonder whether the HoD folks will ever be able to achieve the many highs we saw in the original series.

ADVERTISEMENT