ADVERTISEMENT

Did/does Tyler Cook make NBA Combine?

Thus my comment about will he get a 2 way deal and will it be good enough? You kind of make my point. He isn't NBA material, 2 ways are a crapshoot even if you get one, few players that leave early and don't make it ever go back to college. Which leaves Iowa as the only good option if one thinks about it logically.

"Thinking logically" and "19-20 year old" are two phrases that are not often found together.

"In the previous two years, 47 players have stayed in the draft without getting an invite to the combine and all 47 went undrafted. "[/QUOTE]

Not very good odds eh

Reactions: RocknRollface
It would be interesting to see where those 47 players ended up. G-League, Europe, Korea, etc? I also recognize that some likely were out of basketball altogether.

Looking into combine using google research a couple players from ACC were late adds.

https://accsports.com/acc-news/theo-pinson-ray-spalding-add-nba-draft-combine/

Found this interesting from Michigan article...

"In the previous two years, 47 players have stayed in the draft without getting an invite to the combine and all 47 went undrafted. "

It would be interesting to see where those 47 players ended up. G-League, Europe, Korea, etc? I also recognize that some likely were out of basketball altogether.
Looked briefly, it's not easy to find. Might have to figure out who the 47 were, then look to see where each ended up. Might take a couple hours if you had the list.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Yep, guaranteed millions if drafted in the 1st rd.....for the 30 teams. Nothing guaranteed if drafted in the 2nd rd.

I understand it as if drafted to NBA you make millions vs if undrafted (47) you make nothing (not millions).

Tyler could make money overseas, but he seems to have ruled out that alternative. If the NBA or returning to Iowa are his options, it seems clear what he will end up doing. The real question for Tyler ought to be what he needs to do to make himself good enough to play in the NBA, and can he do it. If the honest assessment is that he will not ever play in the NBA, then he needs to prioritize education versus making money abroad. I think it is too early to tell whether he can become an NBA player, but it is extremely unlikely that he will be drafted this year, especially in the first round.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Right, my point is regardless of G leauge or Europe if youre not invited to the combine youre not going to make money that warrants giving up a free degree.
There will also likely be several players invited to the Combine who won't be drafted either.

There will also likely be several players invited to the Combine who won't be drafted either.

image.jpg

Reactions: CyberJJ
No doubt. There will only be 60 players drafted (1st and 2nd rd). More than 60 are invited to the NBA combine. Add in, there will be a number of players that are drafted in the 2nd round that weren't invited to the combine (ex - European players. ISU's Abdul Nader was drafted 2nd rd, but didn't get invited to combine).

No doubt. There will only be 60 players drafted (1st and 2nd rd). More than 60 are invited to the NBA combine. Add in, there will be a number of players that are drafted in the 2nd round that weren't invited to the combine (ex - European players. ISU's Abdul Nader was drafted 2nd rd, but didn't get invited to combine).
Nader was one of the lucky ones. He was the D League rookie of the year last year and is now on the Boston Celtics roster full time with a chance to win a ring this year in spite of the Celtics having three of their top players out with injuries for a long time.

Nader was one of the lucky ones. He was the D League rookie of the year last year and is now on the Boston Celtics roster full time with a chance to win a ring this year in spite of the Celtics having three of their top players out with injuries for a long time.

He doesn’t play for the Warriors so he has no chance at a ring.

He doesn’t play for the Warriors so he has no chance at a ring.
As someone who played BB when you were taught that the ball and players had to keep moving to be successful on offense, it is hard for me to watch the Rockets. That said, I think they have a pretty decent shot to take down the Warriors. Boston or Bron Bron won't beat the Warriors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT