ADVERTISEMENT

Did Fleck give Iowa any credit on the Iowa win?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I was just reading the "PJ Fleck said" post thread and he was sort of correct as far as their running game vs our running game.

What is more telling to me about coaches is how they feel and talk about their competition. Bo Schembechler was noted for never giving Fry and Iowa any props whether he won or lost.

We are lucky that hawk coaches are magnanimous about their opponents. A lot of coaches or some coaches hardly ever give any credence or props to their opponents.

Did anyone hear Fleck give the hawks any props etc?

I was just reading the "PJ Fleck said" post thread and he was sort of correct as far as their running game vs our running game.

What is more telling to me about coaches is how they feel and talk about their competition. Bo Schembechler was noted for never giving Fry and Iowa any props whether he won or lost.

We are lucky that hawk coaches are magnanimous about their opponents. A lot of coaches or some coaches hardly ever give any credence or props to their opponents.

Yes he did!

PJ is nothing if not a salesman. (Almost) Everything he says is a sound bite "it's either good enough or not" / "we lose as a team" / "winners lose sometimes" / "it is okay if you touch the stove too many times?" / "it's like fertilizer right now".

Regarding Iowa. Well coached. Made one more play than us. TE Screens were well designed. Never once (at least what I watched) complimented an Iowa player. Kirk might not know the names but he said multiple times that the running back for MN was phenomenal.

Best PJ comment and knowing some of you, probably coming to a T-shirt near you, "Iowa made us beat ourselves."

Fleck is annoying and over the top but is not a bad guy. I respect him and what he is trying to do with the Gophers. He had many chances to leave and improve his opportunity, but stayed because he believed in what he was telling his players, that he was building something there.

There are plenty of slimy coaches out there, Kiffen, Meyer, Petrino . Fleck is one of the good guys. And I hate Minnesota.

Actually I thought he was complimentary of Iowa. He did say he thought they outplayed Iowa which is true. He never whined like that bitch Bielema after losing to Michigan saying the game was fixed. He’s a perfect fit for those pukes.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
PJ is nothing if not a salesman. (Almost) Everything he says is a sound bite "it's either good enough or not" / "we lose as a team" / "winners lose sometimes" / "it is okay if you touch the stove too many times?" / "it's like fertilizer right now".

Regarding Iowa. Well coached. Made one more play than us. TE Screens were well designed. Never once (at least what I watched) complimented an Iowa player. Kirk might not know the names but he said multiple times that the running back for MN was phenomenal.

Best PJ comment and knowing some of you, probably coming to a T-shirt near you, "Iowa made us beat ourselves."
Whatever it takes. We win they lose.

We won the game by scoring more points. We don't need pj to acknowledge anything. His tears and crying actually make this even more sweet. He's grasping at anything to stay afloat and can't process that he can't beat IOWA.

Reactions: uihawk82
Fleck is annoying and over the top but is not a bad guy. I respect him and what he is trying to do with the Gophers. He had many chances to leave and improve his opportunity, but stayed because he believed in what he was telling his players, that he was building something there.

There are plenty of slimy coaches out there, Kiffen, Meyer, Petrino . Fleck is one of the good guys. And I hate Minnesota.
I think he does a very good job . Excellent recruiter,sounds like his practices are extremely organized and detailed,,,kids play hard and are disciplined…….and yes he has thrown out positive props to KF and the Hawks

We won the game by scoring more points. We don't need pj to acknowledge anything. His tears and crying actually make this even more sweet. He's grasping at anything to stay afloat and can't process that he can't beat IOWA.
Yeah, it is interesting that when I saw this season's schedule and right before the season I chalked up Purdue as a loss and Wisky as a probably close loss at home. the players and coaches brought those games home to the Win column. But the way Illinois has been playing the last 6-8 years I thought the hawks would win that game but Illinois is a really good football team that just made a lot of mistakes against MSU and Purdue.

So now keep the Nebby trophy at home after Friday and all is good as I always look forward to any extra Hawk games whether a league champ game or a bowl game

Reactions: RLMHAWK
In hindsight the Hawkeye fans angst and outrage at that time were at least partially because we didn't think very highly of Illinois. Now I can look back and give Illinois a lot of the credit for winning that game. They are a quality team.

I actually have my excitement for Hawkeye football back. I had written the season off. Yes, there are huge warts on offense. But watching the defense and special teams take up some of the slack is mesmerizing me. Those units are truly special. They are winning these games with just a little help from the offense. I hope we take care of business against the Huskers. Then anything can happen in the championship.

Every time I saw their QB drop back I was relieved. If Iowa had one huge advantage in the game it was their pass defense against a team like Minnesota.

To put things into perspective on how much Fleck has worked Ibrahim....In their last 4 games...he has surpassed the most carries in a game that Shonn Greene had in his entire Doak Walker award winning season. If you add the fifth game he tied the most that Greene had in that same season (30). Fleck has done nothing but wear his biggest weapon down.

Actually I thought he was complimentary of Iowa. He did say he thought they outplayed Iowa which is true. He never whined like that bitch Bielema after losing to Michigan saying the game was fixed. He’s a perfect fit for those pukes.
Illinois got absolutely shafted. And Bert’s mom died Friday. It’s okay to give him a pass this week.

Good thing I've never beat myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1911_Bandit

I don’t think he likes actually saying “IOWA” ever

I'm sure he gave Iowa credit.

But like most things out of his mouth, I don't believe it.

He's probably an OK guy, but I can't stand him and all the fake rah rah crap.

I guess this is as good a place as any. Tip of the cap to Iowa. This was a classic old school BigTen game. When it mattered your team stood tall. We wilted on four plays that mattered. Your team made us wilt.

Respect for your program!

Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT