ADVERTISEMENT

Did Heller recruit Ian Bedell from Davenport Central?

I'm sure he did. He made his decision fairly early and really liked the university and the idea of competing in the SEC, from what I've heard.

Reactions: Couppee
I get the SEC angle. in his bio it said the campus and the culture. Hopefully the culture is the baseball team culture.

I get the SEC angle. in his bio it said the campus and the culture. Hopefully the culture is the baseball team culture.
Beiser is very well respected. I really like him and, if a healthy culture is a player's highest priority, he'd be hard to turn down. He's a great coach and an outstanding man and leader.

And Heller (or any other B1G coach for that matter) simply cannot compete against the SEC angle. That's not a fault of Heller.

And Heller (or any other B1G coach for that matter) simply cannot compete against the SEC angle. That's not a fault of Heller.

Not at all, hopefully baseball is a little isolated from the campus in general, unless they have gotten things settled back down.

They've lost a ton of students. Things are slowly turning around, but it'll take awhile. The baseball team is on the rise, though. TJ Sikkema has been awesome for them in his early career.

In case OP or others weren't aware, Bedell was a 2018 that decided to graduate at Christmas, reclassified, and enrolled at Mizzou in January. Many thought he would have been a pretty high draft pick if he had stayed in HS. I certainly think he is better and has more upside than Swanda who was drafted by the Angels in the 4th round last year.

Reactions: Couppee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT