ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

Let's stop all this bullshit "sucker punch" talk too. Its not a sucker punch when you've got some shout down going with some other people. Jordan should have been looking around for someone that looked like they were going to let one go. If you find yourself in a confrontation and you don't get hit from behind its not a sucker punch, its just the first punch.
That is the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time. Just stop.

That is the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time. Just stop.
The parents flew those helicopters pretty close, didn't they. The "just stop" stopped being funny in the 90s.

You've obviously never been in a bar fight some minor fight at a party. You need to cut those parenting strings and learn a little something about the real world, oh, and how not to be a complete eunuch.

• Haha
Reactions: jimbob22
Not wanting the police to investigate an assault because of freedom or something, is mighty stupid.
First of all, its a battery. Do you want law enforcement resources devoted to investigating a bar fight into which the "victim" taunted the aggressor? That's all they'd be doing. There used to be a defense of "fighting words."

Of course I would want some unprovoked attack on a stranger, or a premeditated ambush being investigated. What I don't want investigated is a fight between two probably drunk young men that results in nothing more serious than a fat lip or black eye. Its impractical, because placing young men in close proximity with alcohol and young women (most stupid shit in bars happens because one or more guys is trying to impress a specific girl) and you get one or two punch fights-since the beginning of our species I'd guess. The law will not change behavior that is so instinctive in almost every man.

It's distracting because law enforcement is not using its resources to target crimes of a larger and more public concern, like meth in Iowa.

It's also invasive of freedom, although I was not making that point about battery laws in general. That assailant is going into an FBI data base for life now. Why? Because he punched a taunting smart ass outside a bar when he was probably drunk, and still in his 20s? Given the problems confronting our society, our economy-especially spending on "the public" I think we, as a culture, can afford to overlook incidents like Jordan's.​

Tell us, 36 year veteran of the legal services, where does one find “battery” defined by Iowa Code? I can find assault in the Iowa Code, in the 708 section and I can even find it broken down to Assault causing bodily injury 708.2(2). I just can’t find battery in there.

Do I want law enforcement resources spent investigating allegations of someone ASSAULTING another person by punching them three times and knocking them to the ground? Causing a cut to their head, which hospitalization was required to treat those injuries.

Is this a serious question?

I have sources that were there the night that this all went down. JBo and his kronies were chucking beer bottles, whiskey glasses and ice from the second story of DC’s down at the wedding group that was just minding their business. Outside, JBo proceeds to escalate it even further—instead of apologizing, he was heard saying “do you even know who TF I am.” He then throws his phone in their faces talking shit and attempting to aggravate them even more. Finally, one of them had enough of JBo’s drunken and disrespectful antics and took matters into his own hands (literally).

Jordan needed this reality check IMO. Ask anyone that’s ever come across him downtown with a couple drinks in him. He thinks he owns Iowa City and that is well-documented. Hopefully that night he learned that there are ramifications to his words & actions. Unfortunately, Nick Kron has to accept the same lesson but to an even more degree. Hopefully all parties mature because of this. Also, the Bohannon’s suing is absolute bullshit albeit not surprising (from knowing that family). JBo was not just some innocent bystander like some of you think— his actions could’ve severely injured one of them that night. He got what he deserved and I’m a Hawkeye fan.
Your "sources" are lying turds...

Because he probably thought he was going to get assaulted??? I don't know. It appears he was trying to get some evidence in case that were the case.

A normal person would pull out a phone if they felt threatened. Yep. Uh huh.

GTFOH.

You are talking from the mature perspective. Part of learning the general futility of fighting, other than it was just fun sometimes, is being in fights. Our 20s is usually the time we learn that lesson, although my last altercation was 32 and largely in self defense.

I am going to steal "beer muscles", always heard "whiskey courage" or "liquid courage" but I like it. Its usually those guys that end up on the ground learning the valuable lesson that one's toughness does not correlate to one's alcohol consumption.

I would like to claim "beer muscles", but I heard this years ago. I do agree with you that I am talking from a different perspective than I may have had 30 years ago. I also think that you are reminiscing about a time that no longer exists as well.

In this age of the internet, many people do not just learn a lesson and move on. Their mistakes are filmed by someone on their cell phone and posted for everyone to see. People also feel more emboldened to act if they believe that they have been disrespected. There have been frequent stories of an altercation escalating to the point where someone is shot and possibly killed in addition to less severe consequences such as an assault charge, a serious injury or job loss. In my experience, the real tough guys (which I am not one) realize this and know that fighting is the last resort. Both Kron and Jordan are learning this the hard way right now. I would have hoped that they would have learned that lesson before they were in their mid to late 20's.

I am amazed at the number of people who think it is OK to assault someone else. There are times that I have wanted to punch someone else, but there are consequences for doing so. Being charged with assault can be one of those consequences, especially now that everything is filmed by someone with a cell phone and posted on the internet.
I wouldn’t say it’s ok but I don’t feel sorry for anybody in this situation.

act like an Ahole enough times sooner or later trouble will find you.

I tell my kids all the time that right, wrong, legal, and illegal don’t mean much when actual events are happening. The key is to not put yourself in bad situations. Jordan and the Puncher both put themselves in a bad situation.

So your so sure that some guy just chose to sucker punch Jbo out of the clear blue sky for no reason, is that right? Did you happen to be there that evening, because there are people posting here who were, supposedly, and they are saying that he was in fact doing those things. I'd say that your scenario is the one thats WAY less likely.. Lets be honest, the guy has a history, around Iowa City for acting privaleged. Then theres the deal the last time they played in Hilton. Yes as a Hawk fan it was funny, and something we brushed off. But it also shows the kind of guy he is. A douche and an instigator. I mean ask yourself truthfully. If some clone had done that in Carver would it not have set off a bunch of Hawk fans, players, etc...???

Yeah, I was there. See, now, that can't be refuted. I was there, I witnessed it, no ice thrown. Just because I say I was there doesn't make it the case. I can just say it. See. I was there. Doesn't make it true and it absolutely doesn't make it true when someone else says it either.

Before this event happened, there was no history of Jordan acting privileged, but ya know what, Jordan is privileged. He's an Iowa basketball player. He has close to a decade of being in the spot light or radar of Iowa fans. Has he ever been in trouble? Has he caused a lot of problems in Iowa City? Does he have any ****ing history at all except for being a stand up basketball player who is an outstanding citizen in our great state? He's donated to charity. He's fought for NIL rights. The Street free throw deal, visits sick kids in the hospital. Has a podcast that has PGA major winners, NFL players, NBA players - they all seem fine with Jordan as a person or why would they do his show?

Anything else is a complete reach. The "deal the last time they played Hilton" shouldn't even play into this. What he did doesn't give someone the right to assault him. That shouldn't have brought on random assaults at bars, but it appears that it likely did.

A normal person would pull out a phone if they felt threatened. Yep. Uh huh.

GTFOH.

Well, if a crime is being committed against me I am going to try and get evidence in case I am seriously hurt, someone I know gets seriously hurt or I want to press charges against dirtbags who think they are still hard at age 30.

Reactions: BBHawk
As someone who was there, I can say definitively that ice was thrown by Bohannon from the balcony. That’s not just a rumor. Although to be fair, I would characterize it more as dropping ice cubes than as pitching them at people
Must not have been too serious or you would think that the wedding party would have pressed charges or at least he would have been asked to leave the bar. Fact is, there are NO reports of that. There are 0 reports that Jordan was behaving badly that night that are substantiated and sorry Hawk224, if that is your real name (please pick up on the sarcasm) but Hawk224 isn't a real person who can really report anything. I don't know you. I will stick to what I find out from actual trusted sources.

Yeah, I was there. See, now, that can't be refuted. I was there, I witnessed it, no ice thrown. Just because I say I was there doesn't make it the case. I can just say it. See. I was there. Doesn't make it true and it absolutely doesn't make it true when someone else says it either.

Before this event happened, there was no history of Jordan acting privileged, but ya know what, Jordan is privileged. He's an Iowa basketball player. He has close to a decade of being in the spot light or radar of Iowa fans. Has he ever been in trouble? Has he caused a lot of problems in Iowa City? Does he have any ****ing history at all except for being a stand up basketball player who is an outstanding citizen in our great state? He's donated to charity. He's fought for NIL rights. The Street free throw deal, visits sick kids in the hospital. Has a podcast that has PGA major winners, NFL players, NBA players - they all seem fine with Jordan as a person or why would they do his show?

Anything else is a complete reach. The "deal the last time they played Hilton" shouldn't even play into this. What he did doesn't give someone the right to assault him. That shouldn't have brought on random assaults at bars, but it appears that it likely did.
Wow, if you say so Ike. You clearly haven'y paid attention to young Jbo and all the "privaleged" and immature crap he's done the last several years. Oh I'm sorry, your new here, You probably should go back and do some study, if you REALLY think that Jbo doesn't have a history of being in entitled ASS in Iowa City. And not to beat a dead horse, but that crap he pulled in Hilton was just another example of his "look at me" attitude that many, (including many Hawk fans) have had enough of......

Must not have been too serious or you would think that the wedding party would have pressed charges or at least he would have been asked to leave the bar. Fact is, there are NO reports of that. There are 0 reports that Jordan was behaving badly that night that are substantiated and sorry Hawk224, if that is your real name (please pick up on the sarcasm) but Hawk224 isn't a real person who can really report anything. I don't know you. I will stick to what I find out from actual trusted sources.
If you don’t want to believe me that’s fine. I probably wouldn’t believe an anonymous poster on a message board either. That doesn’t change the facts, and the facts are that he dropped ice on people below.

Wow, if you say so Ike. You clearly haven'y paid attention to young Jbo and all the "privaleged" and immature crap he's done the last several years. Oh I'm sorry, your new here, You probably should go back and do some study, if you REALLY think that Jbo doesn't have a history of being in entitled ASS in Iowa City. And not to beat a dead horse, but that crap he pulled in Hilton was just another example of his "look at me" attitude that many, (including many Hawk fans) have had enough of......
He has a reputation in IC of being a dbag. Whether that’s fair or not, I have no idea.

I do not live in Iowa City and do not see what Jordan is like when he is out on the town. I do have to ask what you are referencing in relation to Hilton. Are you referencing Jordan leaving his shoes on the floor? Is there anything additional? I do know that Jordan is on Twitter and says some things that I would prefer he not say, but that is also why I did not have an issue with Kirk keeping the football players off of Twitter. I thought Jordan leaving his shoes on the floor at Hilton was not something I would have done, but it was funny. He also raffled off those shoes and gave the proceeds to the Children's Hospital. That does not sound immature to me.

Niang was an ultimate douchebag to Iowa fans, and still stays consistently douchey to this day. With that being said, if I saw Greenway walk up and punch him from the side and knock him out, I would be utterly disappointed and disgusted with Greenway. Douchiness doesn't require assault.

But WhiskeyDeltaDouche said JBo clearly deserved this, after he was told by an anonymous message board troll that he dropped ice on someone.

Niang was an ultimate douchebag to Iowa fans, and still stays consistently douchey to this day. With that being said, if I saw Greenway walk up and punch him from the side and knock him out, I would be utterly disappointed and disgusted with Greenway. Douchiness doesn't require assault.

What is really interesting to me is that Niang was on Jordan’s podcast. The two of them talked about the rivalry and how much they enjoyed it and interacting with the fans. I think more than anything they enjoy getting under the skin of the opposing fans, but it is not personal to them. I think some of the fans need to take that approach as well. After all, it is just a game.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
The parents flew those helicopters pretty close, didn't they. The "just stop" stopped being funny in the 90s.

You've obviously never been in a bar fight some minor fight at a party. You need to cut those parenting strings and learn a little something about the real world, oh, and how not to be a complete eunuch.
You're correct, I haven't been in a bar fight nor in a fight at a party. Having been in a fight as an adult isn't a badge of 'honor' I care to wear. The one guy I know that has been in bar fights, regrets not having the teeth that pool cue took out. Nothing more manly than getting false teeth in your 30s.

Feel free to be the tough guy and continue spewing your drivel. Everyone else will roll their eyes, shake their head while thinking 'there he goes again'. No one is impressed.

You're correct, I haven't been in a bar fight nor in a fight at a party. Having been in a fight as an adult isn't a badge of 'honor' I care to wear. The one guy I know that has been in bar fights, regrets not having the teeth that pool cue took out. Nothing more manly than getting false teeth in your 30s.

Feel free to be the tough guy and continue spewing your drivel. Everyone else will roll their eyes, shake their head while thinking 'there he goes again'. No one is impressed.

If you've never actually been in a fight I'm not sure how qualified you are to judge what is normal masculine behavior. In fact, you don't really sound very masculine at all.

In the hopes of elevating your self concept of masculinity, this number is dedicated to you

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
My understanding is Nick Kron got his MBA from Vanderbilt. Who the fvck are you on top of that high horse?
My comment about "look where Nick is now" was in reference to the criminal and civil tort issues he has to deal with. His MBA means little in his world now.

Actually, for his sake, I hope he has a good job right now. If he does not, then the value of that MBA is severely diminished.

If you've never actually been in a fight I'm not sure how qualified you are to judge what is normal masculine behavior. In fact, you don't really sound very masculine at all.

In the hopes of elevating your self concept of masculinity, this number is dedicated to you

if we are talking Western revenge songs, I prefer this one:

Another failed attempt. What's next jokes about my mom?

Learn to stay silent, you will sound smarter that way.

As someone who was there, I can say definitively that ice was thrown by Bohannon from the balcony. That’s not just a rumor. Although to be fair, I would characterize it more as dropping ice cubes than as pitching them at people
Thanks for the info. Pretty much what I expected and sounds about par for the course with JBo.

Don’t feel sorry one bit for him.

Sounds like the assault charge is correct and I’m sure the criminal charges will be worked out correctly.

JBo got his mommy and daddy to press civil charges, which is a joke. But again, par for the course for someone as entitled as him.

Looks like we can put this one to bed folks.

I would like to claim "beer muscles", but I heard this years ago. I do agree with you that I am talking from a different perspective than I may have had 30 years ago. I also think that you are reminiscing about a time that no longer exists as well.

In this age of the internet, many people do not just learn a lesson and move on. Their mistakes are filmed by someone on their cell phone and posted for everyone to see. People also feel more emboldened to act if they believe that they have been disrespected. There have been frequent stories of an altercation escalating to the point where someone is shot and possibly killed in addition to less severe consequences such as an assault charge, a serious injury or job loss. In my experience, the real tough guys (which I am not one) realize this and know that fighting is the last resort. Both Kron and Jordan are learning this the hard way right now. I would have hoped that they would have learned that lesson before they were in their mid to late 20's.

The shooting thing is just fear porn. Drop 12 large urban inner cities, literally areas measured in blocks not miles, from the number of shooting crimes have declined for like 40 years. The kids in IC aren't running around packing guns on their persons. Obviously, any shooting should be investigated and unjustified shooters should generally feel the full weight of the law.

But, you make a good point. I am very happy about the lack of cellular photography when I was young...lots of stupid shit that would have made someone's FB page. It also clears up the who shot first questions that are usually attendant any barroom altercation.

You also made another good point, this is the kind of nonsense that goes on in teens and 20s. Kron was like 29 and kind of at the outer limit of tolerance. If you're still brawling into your 30s, you might just be the problem and need that next level of criminal education.

Like I said above, a combination of maturity and a lifetime's lesson of provoking others into rage, my career came to an end and I was probably .500 at best. Like I've said, I'm a smart ass and provoke anger, especially if substances are involved and the editorial function between mouth and brain fails. After that I grew up, knew that lawyers cannot be in bar fights and I should probably stop flipping shit at strangers. Just two actual fights since then.

I was 27 and some drunk punk took offense at my and two friends wearing suits to a street party, coming from a wedding. I retreated literally with my back against the wall outside Johnnies 3rd Street side and my hands up. When my back hit the wall I told the prick I had no room to retreat further and if he didn't **** right on off I was going to break his nose and maybe a finger. He looked at my bow tie and laughed. Then he pushed me against the wall so I broke his nose and then a finger on his right hand in the middle of the punch he threw before his lights went out. What the hell was I supposed to do? Wait for the police to arrive and call an ambulance for me?

My very last altercation was self defense 5 years later when my little bro and I hustled the old TGI's kitchen staff out of their paychecks, playing darts of all things. Needless to say they didn't take the discovery that we were, in fact, right handed with much sportsmanship. Five of them, two of us. One guy broke a pool cue over my bro's size 50 back (like literally poking a bear) from behind (a real "sucker punch") and another guy threw a pool ball at me-bad aim as I was within 6 feet. Again, what do you do in that situation? Running is not an option for us so do we let those meth smoking servants kick our asses while we await the police or do we kick the shit out of them in the next 60 seconds and again reassert the evolutionary principle of the fittest surviving?

Real world situations in which real people found themselves. Similar things happen everyday. Do we use police resources to investigate every fight like that, although the police arrived eventually both times. The last time the cop in charge was my mother's godson so the police did not take 25 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one of them telling how they would be used as evidence against us. They just wanted to know if Mike or I wanted to press charges. Of course we did not. That last altercation would have been a good video-it was hilariously funny.

My God that was almost 29 years ago. Auld lang syne indeed.

Another failed attempt. What's next jokes about my mom?

Learn to stay silent, you will sound smarter that way.

Failed at what, I think its hilarious and the FB friends with whom I shared it thought it was pretty funny. Maybe you are so unfamiliar with the normal behavior of frankly most young male mammals you just don't realize you described yourself as the coward of the county.

Now that you mention your mother, you certainly seem like the product of an over involved and over protective matriarchal figure. When the crazy shooter comes to your school you'd lay right down in a fetal position in terror, hoping the level of your terror would somehow make the shooter miss the low hanging fruit. They never miss the low hanging fruit of course, but your mother, and probably your teachers, told you you'd always be safe, right before she tucked you in on prom night.

Someone with a sense of masculine courage would have already been in a few altercations and be crouched behind the door with the hardest most dangerous object in the class room. That's the acid test-have your survival instincts been superseded by the insane idea that we should all just be nice in all circumstances, and someone with authority will protect us.

You simply scream manbun and checkered flannel pajamas.

Wait, a dangerous thought. I'm not wearing a mask so is it safe for us to have this interaction?​

Failed at what, I think its hilarious and the FB friends with whom I shared it thought it was pretty funny. Maybe you are so unfamiliar with the normal behavior of frankly most young male mammals you just don't realize you described yourself as the coward of the county.

Now that you mention your mother, you certainly seem like the product of an over involved and over protective matriarchal figure. When the crazy shooter comes to your school you'd lay right down in a fetal position in terror, hoping the level of your terror would somehow make the shooter miss the low hanging fruit. They never miss the low hanging fruit of course, but your mother, and probably your teachers, told you you'd always be safe, right before she tucked you in on prom night.

Someone with a sense of masculine courage would have already been in a few altercations and be crouched behind the door with the hardest most dangerous object in the class room. That's the acid test-have your survival instincts been superseded by the insane idea that we should all just be nice in all circumstances, and someone with authority will protect us.

Wait, a dangerous thought. I'm not wearing a mask so is it safe for us to have this interaction?​

Me checking in on this thread
tenor.gif

Your prior failed post wasn't hilarious, but the one above is actually sort of funny. A really good troll post is similar to really good humor. A good joke is more funny when there is some truth to it. There is no truth in your portrayal of me. You missed on every item. Not even close.

I'm not quite sure how me saying you posted something dumb has turned into a warped vision about a school shooting. That shit isn't funny.

However, what I do find hilarious is how you trolled yourself. Going from big bad barroom brawler to: I need to check with my Facebook buddies for reassurance that I'm funny or not, is an impressive self trolling that I haven't seen before. I raise my glass to you. I can't pull that off.

Good luck to you. If we ever meet in person, I'll buy you a drink.

Reactions: GoEagles23
Yet Whiskey claims to have no connection to the family. You sure do care for Nick a lot. FYI, he was let go from his job because of this.
On top of that, the guy has screwed himself going forward, even if the charges are dropped. The initial vetting in HR departments often includes a Google search.

Reactions: Ike Harris
I would definitely give Niang a tittie twister while he was knocked out

My nephew was going to Ames recently to a basketball camp put on by Georges. I told him to tell him nice tits.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkIDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT