ADVERTISEMENT

Did some ex players just cause the hawks

Still iffy on the whole situation after listening to WuW with Daniels and Lomax. 90% of the “racist” issues they talk about seems to just being upset they couldn’t act how they wanted. The fact that some of their biggest concerns were that they couldn’t have earrings, hats, and had to listen to country music is just.... idk. Hopefully they got what they wanted out of the results.

Still iffy on the whole situation after listening to WuW with Daniels and Lomax. 90% of the “racist” issues they talk about seems to just being upset they couldn’t act how they wanted. The fact that some of their biggest concerns were that they couldn’t have earrings, hats, and had to listen to country music is just.... idk. Hopefully they got what they wanted out of the results.
I'm convinced many people don't even know what racism actually is these days.....

To miss on Parks? Thoughts?

I have no inside knowledge, but do not expect the comments by former players had any bearing on Parks decision. I am sure that someone will feel differently, but there were at least two black players lobbying hard for Parks to come to Iowa (Oladokun and Belton). Dane’s father has been a very vocal supporter of the Iowa coaching staff in the Tampa area as well. Tom Lemming just said in an interview this week that Kirk is in the top 5% of coaches, both college and the NFL, that he has interviewed in his 40 plus years following recruits.

Reactions: Kurt Warner

I cringed when reading a quote from Hankins literally saying there is "systematic racism" within the program.

Strong words, young fella.

Maybe some people should admit that Whittingham won a pitch over Ferentz on getting a kid to come to his U. Whittingham good coach. Should be no shame here. The staff will find a good alternative
Maybe, maybe not.
It's the kids choice and the why doesn't really matter.

I cringed when reading a quote from Hankins literally saying there is "systematic racism" within the program.

And if so, why the hell is he still part of the program? I am sure someone would have taken him.

Exactly.. and if these things listed in the post as grievances were a big part of the issue at Iowa, then it wasn't racism that was the problem.
Given the current social climate it was close enough that Doyle couldn't stay around and be productive.
Sometimes its just better to cut your losses right or wrong and move on.
IMO that is why Doyle spoke out about the personal attacks instead of keeping quiet as he was asked and why his son found a new school.
I will be interested to see what the results of the investigation are and how much detail will be expressed in the findings.

Doesn’t want to be here,then good luck somewhere else. As a Hawk, I only want Hawks. All kids that commit on another school, after all the recruiting, I am grateful that they are not here. Only want kids that are all in.

Sucks to loose on a recruit that they wanted but his film really wasnt anything special I didnt think. Looked like your typical Big10 pounding kind of back. Was underwhelmed with his speed.

Reactions: Underscore2

You need to think a little bit harder about what they were saying.

I have no inside knowledge, but do not expect the comments by former players had any bearing on Parks decision. I am sure that someone will feel differently, but there were at least two black players lobbying hard for Parks to come to Iowa (Oladokun and Belton). Dane’s father has been a very vocal supporter of the Iowa coaching staff in the Tampa area as well. Tom Lemming just said in an interview this week that Kirk is in the top 5% of coaches, both college and the NFL, that he has interviewed in his 40 plus years following recruits.
Yes but Kirk does not recruit in the top 5 percent.

Reactions: RomanHawk
He went to a place that could be even whiter than Iowa. I'm guessing his reasons weren't race. Probably wanted to play soon and not get beat up by big ten defenses. He will probably love the patty cake pac 12. What a crap conference

But if race was a factor it's idiotic to blame the former players and not the coaches who are responsible for it

I love how old white guys are trying to justify what racism means...GTFOH

The most racist people I have been around in my lifetime were minorities,.particularly young hispanic males. Whites don't own a monopoly on it any more than a specific age group does.

I love how old white guys are trying to justify what racism means...GTFOH
So its meaning is limited by race?
Sounds like a racist view to me.
Everyone has a viewpoint on anything and it doesn't have to match or measure to anyone else's opinion.
When we respect the opinions and viewpoints of others we are going in the right direction.

Discipline and teamwork - playing for each other and not yourself. Yes, you might lose some of your "personal habits", but that's part of what makes up a good football program.

If your son came home from the 1st day of football practice and said he was told he couldn't wear a hat in the football building, or listen to the music he wanted, send out tweets when he wanted or have an occasional food fight at the training table ... what would you say? You would say, "boo hoo. Grow up". Then later, if he missed a meeting and was suspended for a game, you would say, "See! That's what you get when you screw up".

But if it happens to someone else's kid, we say favoritism, racism or that KF is trying to be a king.

These kids have the rest of their lives to "be themselves". For 4 or 5 years, they get free college and are asked to be a part of a team.

When did this become so bad?

Discipline and teamwork - playing for each other and not yourself. Yes, you might lose some of your "personal habits", but that's part of what makes up a good football program.

If your son came home from the 1st day of football practice and said he was told he couldn't wear a hat in the football building, or listen to the music he wanted, send out tweets when he wanted or have an occasional food fight at the training table ... what would you say? You would say, "boo hoo. Grow up". Then later, if he missed a meeting and was suspended for a game, you would say, "See! That's what you get when you screw up".

But if it happens to someone else's kid, we say favoritism, racism or that KF is trying to be a king.

These kids have the rest of their lives to "be themselves". For 4 or 5 years, they get free college and are asked to be a part of a team.

(insert standing ovation gif that I'm too lazy to insert here). Very well said, sir (or ma'am).

That isnt what they were saying. They talked at length about the need for a buffer period between when you first arrive and to get accumulated. Imagine going to a school and getting punished for having a buzz cut, wearing kahkis, and not having tattoos. They were saying that it was a culture shock. That once you get in the doghouse it was a slippery slope and impossible to get out. They were getting into doghouse because this isnt how they were raised.

Every team out there loses a player or two they wanted. Certainly not just Iowa. Just relax, we will get a solid RB in Swarm 22.

you cannot just toss doyle aside and expect all this stuff to go away

especially when doyle isn't the problem. he is just one spoke in the wheel

you literally have a hundred spoke wheel and you just took one spoke out

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
That isnt what they were saying. They talked at length about the need for a buffer period between when you first arrive and to get accumulated. Imagine going to a school and getting punished for having a buzz cut, wearing kahkis, and not having tattoos. They were saying that it was a culture shock. That once you get in the doghouse it was a slippery slope and impossible to get out. They were getting into doghouse because this isnt how they were raised.
maybe so but if you are a recruit do you want to go to iowa where you might have to change, or go somewhere else where you don't?

ADVERTISEMENT