ADVERTISEMENT

Did some ex players just cause the hawks

you cannot just toss doyle aside and expect all this stuff to go away

especially when doyle isn't the problem. he is just one spoke in the wheel

you literally have a hundred spoke wheel and you just took one spoke out

You have been on this narrative for a while. Would you only be happy with Iowa cleaning house? Why do you think letting go of Doyle is not enough when most of the former players have said that it is? Removing a spoke that is broken and replacing it with a new one will fix the wheel. I am not saying Doyle was a broken spoke, just following through on your analogy.

y
You have been on this narrative for a while. Would you only be happy with Iowa cleaning house? Why do you think letting go of Doyle is not enough when most of the former players have said that it is? Removing a spoke that is broken and replacing it with a new one will fix the wheel. I am not saying Doyle was a broken spoke, just following through on your analogy.
yes I absolutely would have been 100% happy with a complete house cleaning and this is what I think the ex players wanted. they are not removing something broken and fixing it, because there never was anything broken. this is a false narrative. fixing it cannot happen. I want KF and doyle back,. that will fix it, since we cannot have that, start over. I don't think a compromised KF who bows down to twitter, is worth a crap

maybe so but if you are a recruit do you want to go to iowa where you might have to change, or go somewhere else where you don't?

It is a fallacy that a player can go somewhere where they do not need to make a change. Everyone has to make some changes when joining a team. Some changes will be larger than others. Also, only time will tell if there will be further fallout at Iowa. So far, the response has been positive from the players (current and past), recruits and parents.

here is what I think probably actually happened: blm happened so all these guys jumped on the band wagon. true or not, the U of I had to listen to their demands. made up or not it's now thought to be true. doyle getting tossed did nothing. the narrative is there is a systematic thing, a culture. since we cannot change iowa culture, we can change iowa football. and that culture. the best thing to do would be to hire say a Detroit or alabama coach. or Louisville or mephis Kentucky or something. Nashville. Georgia. then when it's not iowa any longer and it resembles not iowa, everyone will be happy . except Iowans. but they don't count. tehir culture is racist and or country. so screw iowans. the good news would be you guys would get great BBQ in iowa city!!

It is a fallacy that a player can go somewhere where they do not need to make a change. Everyone has to make some changes when joining a team. Some changes will be larger than others. Also, only time will tell if there will be further fallout at Iowa. So far, the response has been positive from the players (current and past), recruits and parents.
I did not say they don't have to change elsewhere. they do. they just don't have to change to the iowa way. which apparently is not great. according to them.

anywhere they go they have to change their life substantially. just they don't want the iowa way. apparently.

y

yes I absolutely would have been 100% happy with a complete house cleaning and this is what I think the ex players wanted. they are not removing something broken and fixing it, because there never was anything broken. this is a false narrative. fixing it cannot happen. I want KF and doyle back,. that will fix it, since we cannot have that, start over. I don't think a compromised KF who bows down to twitter, is worth a crap

Doyle will not be coming back, as you mentioned. James Daniels and Jordan Lomax have both said that Doyle leaving was sufficient. The WUW crew all agreed that Doyle could not stay based on what had been reported. We should receive the results of the independent investigation soon, which will hopefully indicate if anything additional needs to be done. You posting in multiple threads your displeasure is not going to change anything.

maybe so but if you are a recruit do you want to go to iowa where you might have to change, or go somewhere else where you don't?

Well looking at the grad rates that is def what happened. And i would argue that if we want to be a compete for Big 10 titles we need them.

What i got from the Washed Up Podcast was they just wanted time to transition before being labeled a "problem"

Doyle will not be coming back, as you mentioned. James Daniels and Jordan Lomax have both said that Doyle leaving was sufficient. The WUW crew all agreed that Doyle could not stay based on what had been reported. We should receive the results of the independent investigation soon, which will hopefully indicate if anything additional needs to be done. You posting in multiple threads your displeasure is not going to change anything.

Wouldn't the WUW crew have their own Doyle experiences to base their opinions on without needing to hear anything that was reported?

Wouldn't the WUW crew have their own Doyle experiences to base their opinions on without needing to hear anything that was reported?

Yes they did. If you listen to their podcasts, you will hear about some of their experiences. They also said that they welcomed the disciplined approach from Doyle due to their upbringing, which they now understood could have been interpreted differently by players from other backgrounds.

The transition from Marshalltown Iowa to the University of Iowa is a little different than the transfer from Newark New Jersey

You are talking to a clown fan of course he wants to see all of Iowa’s Coaches fired.

That isnt what they were saying. They talked at length about the need for a buffer period between when you first arrive and to get accumulated. Imagine going to a school and getting punished for having a buzz cut, wearing kahkis, and not having tattoos. They were saying that it was a culture shock. That once you get in the doghouse it was a slippery slope and impossible to get out. They were getting into doghouse because this isnt how they were raised.

Ya, like the buffer period kids of the same age get when they go into the military. Not.

Yes there's culture shock and there needs to be. Adapt and deal with it. It's called growth.
Or they can go back to mommy and give up their $$$$$ education.

Not getting out of the doghouse sounds like resisting the required changes.

How they were raised is part of the problem. In many cases that has been undisciplned, permissive, overly tolerent,......

It appears that there's been favoritism, but no evidence that it's been race based. It needs to be eliminated whatever the reason. I hope KF changes nothing in regard to discipline.

He needs to give all his time and attention to changing schemes.:(

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Ya, like the buffer period kids of the same age get when they go into the military. Not.

Yes there's culture shock and there needs to be. Adapt and deal with it. It's called growth.
Or they can go back to mommy and give up their $$$$$ education.

Not getting out of the doghouse sounds like resisting the required changes.

How they were raised is part of the problem. In many cases that has been undisciplned, permissive, overly tolerent,......

It appears that there's been favoritism, but no evidence that it's been race based. It needs to be eliminated whatever the reason. I hope KF changes nothing in regard to discipline.

He needs to give all his time and attention to changing schemes.:(

They signed up to play a game, not go to war.

People are raised differently. Im not gonna judge. If you want to be a good leader you need to be able to lead all backgrounds

Reactions: Genghis and GBRnTX
The transition from Marshalltown Iowa to the University of Iowa is a little different than the transfer from Newark New Jersey

And yet they chose Iowa over Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, etc. Every recruit meets with current players away from the coaches to learn about the program. Every recruit has been expected to visit Iowa before the coaches accepted a commitment from them. There was no mystery there.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
And yet they chose Iowa over Rutgers, Syracuse, UConn, etc. Every recruit meets with current players away from the coaches to learn about the program. Every recruit has been expected to visit Iowa before the coaches accepted a commitment from them. There was no mystery there.

Its not like they gave them a list of what is allowed and what isnt

Reactions: GBRnTX
They signed up to play a game, not go to war.

People are raised differently. Im not gonna judge. If you want to be a good leader you need to be able to lead all backgrounds[/QUOT E]

In both cases, they sign up knowing about a required culture change. In neither case do they know the details. Then some man-up and some turn into cry babies.

I get what youre saying, but the point is that many werent given a chance a man up. They were in the dog house before they knew what hit them.

Lets say you were offered a job that paid you 5 million dollars but you had to move to a different country. You obviously know that is going to be different, but you wouldnt be expected to know everything from day 1.

One thing that they talked about on the podcast is that they spend no time with Doyle when they are recruited. Then the first 2 months Doyle is the only coach that is allowed to contact them.

Just try to put yourself in other peoples shoes before you call people cry babies. Do you we really want to run off difference making players because they want to wear earrings?

Yes. It has been public knowledge for years that certain things weren't allowed: twitter and tats among them.

It's a lot more than that. I doubt during the recuriting process they tell you that you will get kicked out of practice because Doyle didnt like how you tied your shoes or how you foam rolled. Im sure they told everyone that doyle would send you back to the ghetto if you spit during a workout.

Like i mentioned earlier, imagine moving to a different country. You know some things are going to be different, but you arent going to know everything. Should you be put on the shit list when you just trying to figure everything out?

Do we really wanna lose quality players cuz our coach is a jackass about earrings ?

I dont think you can say the situation around the U of I facilities directly resulted in parks not coming. He went to a place that has questions of his own. I do think there has and will continue to be some negative impact until the masses get their fill of flesh. In 2020 a former player getting "DJK'd" is a real thing.

It's a lot more than that. I doubt during the recuriting process they tell you that you will get kicked out of practice because Doyle didnt like how you tied your shoes or how you foam rolled. Im sure they told everyone that doyle would send you back to the ghetto if you spit during a workout.

Like i mentioned earlier, imagine moving to a different country. You know some things are going to be different, but you arent going to know everything. Should you be put on the shit list when you just trying to figure everything out?

Do we really wanna lose quality players cuz our coach is a jackass about earrings ?

Well for starters, the "send you back to the ghetto" statement has been rescinded. I guess you hear what you want to hear. And yes, players WOULD tell prospective recruits of specific things.

Yes. It has been public knowledge for years that certain things weren't allowed: twitter and tats among them.
Someone forgot to tell AJ Epenesa
OIP.DLoPvlArXlg4z4ElPu8ySAHaE8

y

Funny that Akrum Wadley even said he didn't want anyone fired.

Wadley really changed his tune 3 weeks later, after all the smoke has settled, when writing a blistering piece now would give him much MUCH more of a spotlight than it would have 3 weeks ago when 40 other players were also sharing stories.

I will give credence to his statements but also note the odd underlying circumstances. Definitely not worth "cleaning house" for

who put daniels and lomax in charge? are they going to be on the sidelines instead of
KF?

Reactions: Kurt Warner
here is what I think probably actually happened: blm happened so all these guys jumped on the band wagon. true or not, the U of I had to listen to their demands. made up or not it's now thought to be true. doyle getting tossed did nothing. the narrative is there is a systematic thing, a culture. since we cannot change iowa culture, we can change iowa football. and that culture. the best thing to do would be to hire say a Detroit or alabama coach. or Louisville or mephis Kentucky or something. Nashville. Georgia. then when it's not iowa any longer and it resembles not iowa, everyone will be happy . except Iowans. but they don't count. tehir culture is racist and or country. so screw iowans. the good news would be you guys would get great BBQ in iowa city!!

who put daniels and lomax in charge? are they going to be on the sidelines instead of
KF?

As you are aware, Daniels was one of the first to speak up. Lomax was on WUW with him and was a team leader. They are not in charge, but have been willing to give their side of the story and answer questions.

Well for starters, the "send you back to the ghetto" statement has been rescinded. I guess you hear what you want to hear. And yes, players WOULD tell prospective recruits of specific things.

Yeah, im sure that players, who are depending on these coaches to get them to the next level want to be the guys known for bad mouthing the program to recruits.

My bad about the ghetto story. There are only about 150 more to choose from.

Yeah, im sure that players, who are depending on these coaches to get them to the next level want to be the guys known for bad mouthing the program to recruits.

My bad about the ghetto story. There are only about 150 more to choose from.

Why don't you list them? I hadn't seen anywhere near 150. Hyperbole much?

Why don't you list them? I hadn't seen anywhere near 150. Hyperbole much?

Please. every player that talked had multiple examples. 50+ players talk.

I know im not gonna change your mind, but I wish you would take 5 minutes to try to put yourself in someone else's shows.

Please. every player that talked had multiple examples. 50+ players talk.

I know im not gonna change your mind, but I wish you would take 5 minutes to try to put yourself in someone else's shows.

I haven't seen anywhere near 50 players allege malfeasance. I have seen a lot of "I stand with my brothers" or something to that effect. I can think of at least three former players who spoke glowingly about Doyle before turning on him after the Floyd killing.

I haven't seen anywhere near 50 players allege malfeasance. I have seen a lot of "I stand with my brothers" or something to that effect. I can think of at least three former players who spoke glowingly about Doyle before turning on him after the Floyd killing.

You can be good at your job and still be a jackass

ADVERTISEMENT